Register
Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2789101112131415 LastLast
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Default invalid ecm identifier

Hi all.
    Don't know if anyone has had a similar experience as this but it has now happened to me on 2 separate occassions and I have tried to resolve the problem but with no luck.
    Anyway here is what happened: got these celect plus ecms both not communicating with insite. After checking the hardware on each hardware checked out fine and so I tried connecting with the key off and what do you know turns out the ecms were in rom-boot mode. Unfortunately could not determine the ecm part numbers since both were in rom-boot and the data tags were absent. Anyway tried calibrating using the calibration files I had and now the problem is that each time I try to connect to the ecm using Calterm I get the error code: Detected ECM Identifier (y}) for the ECM with the device address 0x07 is not matched with the expected value (94) for product C94. The ecm connects to calterm but the area product id actual is blank and fault codes do not display in the faults column. The ecm when like this will not connect with insite unless I rom-boot it again. Is there anyway to resolve this issue as I need to try and get these ecms running again. Also realised that I needs to connect to the ecm manually using calterm cause it refuses to connect automatically.
    Regards
    Donniemnemonic
    Last edited by donniemnemonic; 4th December, 2011 at 08:58 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by donniemnemonic View Post
    Hi all.
    Don't know if anyone has had a similar experience as this but it has now happened to me on 2 separate occassions and I have tried to resolve the problem but with no luck.
    Anyway here is what happened: got these celect plus ecms both not communicating with insite. After checking the hardware on each hardware checked out fine and so I tried connecting with the key off and what do you know turns out the ecms were in rom-boot mode. Unfortunately could not determine the ecm part numbers since both were in rom-boot and the data tags were absent. Anyway tried calibrating using the calibration files I had and now the problem is that each time I try to connect to the ecm using Calterm I get the error code: Detected ECM Identifier (y}) for the ECM with the device address 0x07 is not matched with the expected value (94) for product C94. The ecm connects to calterm but the area product id actual is blank and fault codes do not display in the faults column. The ecm when like this will not connect with insite unless I rom-boot it again. Is there anyway to resolve this issue as I need to try and get these ecms running again. Also realised that I needs to connect to the ecm manually using calterm cause it refuses to connect automatically.
    Regards
    Donniemnemonic
    Try these Calterm parameters
    ECM_ID, Celect Plus is C94
    ECMPartNumber

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Hi Jctech
    Thanks for your reply are you saying that I should just try editing the parameters you listed above using calterm? if yes then I have real problems because I have in the past tried to alter other parameters and I know you will say RTFM but I have tried over and over again without any luck
    Thanks in advance
    Donniemnemonic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

Hi Jctech
    Thanks for your reply are you saying that I should just try editing the parameters you listed above using calterm? if yes then I have real problems because I have in the past tried to alter other parameters and I know you will say RTFM but I have tried over and over again without any luck
    Thanks in advance
    Donniemnemonic
    connect to ECM with calterm3.
    Go to tools- unlock and click find devices
    click display current status
    change status to unlocked, close unlock tool
    reconnect to ECM
    click commands- run from development
    edit the parameters you want to change
    click save, you should get a message in the bottom pane saying that changes were written to the module
    click commands- run from default
    click tools unlock, change security back to locked
    reconnect your ECM and check your parameters.

There are quicker ways to change security and run from dev. but baby steps first.
    Some parameters cannot be edited directly in the ECM.
    The safest way is to upload your calibration, save it.
    edit your calibration, save as rev1, and download to ECM, then if anything happens, you have a copy of the original to download.

Top Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

if you upload a calibration from the ecm with calterm does it just copy the cal thats in the ecm or does it actually pull the calibration out of the ecm and leave it empty. just wondering how easy it is to copy calibrations....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by spannermonkey View Post
    if you upload a calibration from the ecm with calterm does it just copy the cal thats in the ecm or does it actually pull the calibration out of the ecm and leave it empty. just wondering how easy it is to copy calibrations....
    During upload Calterm copies the cal from the ecm to the pc hard drive, the ecm is left unchanged.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by spannermonkey View Post
    Calterm copies ALL the information from the ECM, including fuel consumption data, vehicle and engine information, everything, so if this calibration is then loaded into another ECM, the second vehicle will become a clone of the first, your customer may not be impressed with the extra 120000 miles, and hours and fuel data to back it up.

If you are going to calibrate, use Insite and the InCal DVD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jctech View Post
    connect to ECM with calterm3.
    Go to tools- unlock and click find devices
    click display current status
    change status to unlocked, close unlock tool
    reconnect to ECM
    click commands- run from development
    edit the parameters you want to change
    click save, you should get a message in the bottom pane saying that changes were written to the module
    click commands- run from default
    click tools unlock, change security back to locked
    reconnect your ECM and check your parameters.

There are quicker ways to change security and run from dev. but baby steps first.
    Some parameters cannot be edited directly in the ECM.
    The safest way is to upload your calibration, save it.
    edit your calibration, save as rev1, and download to ECM, then if anything happens, you have a copy of the original to download.
    Thanks Jctech will try this and let you know how it goes.
    Regards
    Donniemnemonic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jctech View Post
    Calterm copies ALL the information from the ECM, including fuel consumption data, vehicle and engine information, everything, so if this calibration is then loaded into another ECM, the second vehicle will become a clone of the first, your customer may not be impressed with the extra 120000 miles, and hours and fuel data to back it up.

If you are going to calibrate, use Insite and the InCal DVD
    Jctech.
    You say that calterm copies everything and the ecm that the calibration is downloaded to [becomes a clone of the other but I have done this beforeand still the ecm to which the calibration is downloaded to remains with the original serial number it had before the download so I guess that does not make it a real clone of the original because it maintains its original identity.

Regards
    Donniemnemonic.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

Jctech.
    You say that calterm copies everything and the ecm that the calibration is downloaded to [becomes a clone of the other but I have done this beforeand still the ecm to which the calibration is downloaded to remains with the original serial number it had before the download so I guess that does not make it a real clone of the original because it maintains its original identity.

Regards
    Donniemnemonic.
    Everything else though, the ECM serial number means nothing in the real world.

Top Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

nah thats alright, you answered my question perfectly. thanks

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi.
    Please, could someone send me the file to calibraci engine
    ISBe 150 30 ECM PART NUMBEER 4898112,
    Now there I have a T 90099.08.

thanks

Translated via Google Translate

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ramianek View Post
    Hi.
    Please, could someone send me the file to calibraci engine
    ISBe 150 30 ECM PART NUMBEER 4898112,
    Now there I have a T 90099.08.

thanks

Translated via Google Translate
    Here you go
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thanks for the file.
    I've tried it on the other side of the engine but I compared it with his collection of what I have and it's identical.
    Still, I offer only the possibility of the calibration.

What it can be. ?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

hello i am looking for some help on flashing my isx 435 CM870 with a CPL 8520 and a P/N 3683289 with a Australia isx signature 600, can it be done. i do have the incal file but don't know what to do with them... sorry kind of new at this stuff. Thanks