Register
Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Poptest View Post
    Can Cummins Celect ECM be program with a different calibration. Yes.

That is use a calibration not match the ECM part #. No this is not possible.

for example if program with M11 cal can I change to N14 cal? Yes you can......as long as the calibration you select is listed under the ECM you are calibrating. But you have to consider other things so that the engine will not be damaged, and so that it will perform well.
    A Celect Plus ECM with a N14 code will not work if fitted onto a M11 engine. The Injector wiring is on different pins for M11 and N14

A Celect ECM can do this, it will work but not advised, It will work for Celect but not Celect Plus
    Last edited by jctech; 14th December, 2010 at 12:59 PM. Reason: typo

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mega357 View Post
    Hello!!! Who can help me? A problem such, I want to make block calibration. But Insite after connection to ECM passes in functional level Basic, and doesn't allow to calibrate. Forgive for my English!
    You need to change functionality level to Pro, with Pro password.
    Look on Insite 7.4 thread, put your PCID there and ask for passwords

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by donniemnemonic View Post
    hi all seems this thread has become inactive. Could someone kindly tell me what the difference is between linehaul and vocational. I know linehaul is for the road trucks and vocational is for fire trucks, tippers, school buses, etc. What I want to know is the effect of calibrating a linehaul ecm with a vocational calibration and vice-versa?
    many thanks in advance...
    The difference is mainly in the parameter setup, linehaul will have cruise control set up for the particular OEM etc.
    There may also be calibration differences such as cruise control gain and fueling tables set up for linehaul operation.

Vocational will have PTO set up to suit the OEM and calibration differences such as low speed fueling tables more suited to the type of operation expected by the type of vehicle.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Default ISX Cals

Ok so I just got the August 2010 Incal set up and when I hooked up to an ISX CM870, Insite could not find calibrations for the selected ECM Part number which is 3684009. Anyone know why the cal isn't there? I opened up other Cals for different ECM numbers and they show up. Anyone know what's wrong?
    Last edited by Texas149; 14th December, 2010 at 08:49 PM. Reason: Typo

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Texas149 View Post
    Ok so I just got the August 2010 Incal set up and when I hooked up to an ISX CM870, Insite could not find calibrations for the selected ECM Part number which is 3684009. Anyone know why the cal isn't there? I opened up other Cals for different ECM numbers and they show up. Anyone know what's wrong?
    Remember there are 2 discs for Aug2010, are you using the right one? Are you applying filters at the cal selection window?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Sorry Guys. I turned idiot for a moment. I didn't select the proper certification code.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Sorry Guys. I turned idiot for a moment. I didn't select the proper certification code.
    Don't worry. Sh!t happens.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Hi there
    To make a harness up like in the pictures Mondao posted does anyone know what pin goes to what or where and exactly what is needed or even where i can even buy the correct cable
    Cheers
    Len

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I get the yellow symbol comport and I can not connect I get error, I can do I can help, thanks

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

A friend of mine gave me a cable the 3-pin, 2-pin data cable for the cummins inline interface. He doesn't do programming so he didn't need it. It's cummins part number 3165141. I use the nexiq usb-link so i cut the 25-pin connector off and wired it to the Deutche 9-pin plug. However I can't seem to establish a connection when hooked to the ecm of an ISX. It's just like the cable in post 50. Anyone got any idea? I checked the power/ground and checked the J1939 wiring. It should be working

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

A friend of mine gave me a cable the 3-pin, 2-pin data cable for the cummins inline interface. He doesn't do programming so he didn't need it. It's cummins part number 3165141. I use the nexiq usb-link so i cut the 25-pin connector off and wired it to the Deutche 9-pin plug. However I can't seem to establish a connection when hooked to the ecm of an ISX. It's just like the cable in post 50. Anyone got any idea? I checked the power/ground and checked the J1939 wiring. It should be working

Hello Texas149,
    check this thread out it may give you your answer. The fallows there did great work getting all this put together. The pictures are also their work. I just got it all together for you to make things easier.
    Link:
    http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums...06/index8.html

I feel your missing the 120ohm resistor needed for the J1939 on your adapter to work. The Communication Area Network or "CAN" signals travel on this backbone, there are two end of line resistors to total 240ohms. so when your connection is presented, your J1939 connection needs to have an in-line 120ohm resistor on the CAN Low side or your connection will never communicate. the pic diagrams show you were things go. the pdf has the connector lables help ID pin locations. again this is all their hard work. thank them if it helps you. ( zds, hercamp, mondao, alsop, jctech, peter21)

Hope this helps you.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by rudamie; 18th December, 2010 at 10:51 AM.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rudamie For This Useful Post:

r59slayer (5th March, 2015), shisik (15th November, 2013), t01llam0k (25th November, 2016)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

The three pin triangle connector is J1939 data, the two pin weatherpack is battery voltage supply for the inline adapter.
    Did you get J1939 pos. and neg. round the right way?, the sheild only gets grounded at the ECM end.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rudamie View Post
    Hello Texas149,
    check this thread out it may give you your answer. The fallows there did great work getting all this put together. The pictures are also their work. I just got it all together for you to make things easier.
    Link:
    http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums...06/index8.html

I feel your missing the 120ohm resistor needed for the J1939 on your adapter to work. The Communication Area Network or "CAN" signals travel on this backbone, there are two end of line resistors to total 240ohms. so when your connection is presented, your J1939 connection needs to have an in-line 120ohm resistor on the CAN Low side or your connection will never communicate. the pic diagrams show you were things go. the pdf has the connector lables help ID pin locations. again this is all their hard work. thank them if it helps you. ( zds, hercamp, mondao, alsop, jctech, peter21)

Hope this helps you.
    It depends which engine you have if the 120 ohm resistors are in the harness,
    safest is to measure the resistance between J1939 + and J1939 -, on the engine harness, you need to unplug the ECM to do this.
    2 x 120 ohm resistors = 60 ohms

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

jctech,
    Thanks for your input. That is correct. combined input will resort to Texas149 to solving his problem. I have attached some pdf doc's that will help Texas149 a little more.

Texas149,
    these pdf's have pinouts that you can use to test your connections. if any thing we'll get you wired stright.

Cheers fallows Share On...! Woot Woot
    Hope this helps.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by rudamie; 18th December, 2010 at 09:59 PM.

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rudamie For This Useful Post:

r59slayer (5th March, 2015), rdjorge (8th March, 2019), whalla (6th May, 2015)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Hi there
    Can anyone help, i am looking for a calibration file for a
    QSB 5.9-205
    ECM
    Type: CM550
    P/N 3990517
    E/C J91691.01
    Do you know where i can find ? got incal august 2010 DVD 1 and 2 but dont seem to be anything to match on there ?

Regards
    Len

Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast