Register
Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314 ... LastLast
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    52 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BillG View Post
    Have a look at this and then make your mind up ??
    seen it before looks better tha the nasa footage

dont suppose we will ever know 40 years later no sign of going back we were supposed to be taking holidays there by now i thought stelios would have it all sewn up with bargain flights and hotels near the sea of tranquility

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I watched it at the time,but it was too long ago to remember now . I'm now of the opinion it was all a big hoax. Quite frankly I don't think they had the technology to land a manned craft on the moon all those years ago.

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    233 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tooseyman View Post
    Quite frankly I don't think they had the technology to land a manned craft on the moon all those years ago.
    Ah, the arrogance of the young!
    He who laughs last probably didn't get the joke.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by nara View Post
    Ah, the arrogance of the young!
    what a rubbish reply !!, its the guys opinion
    Dont forget to say thanks

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    233 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by nialler View Post
    its the guys opinion
    Quite correct, and in my opinion, his notion that they didn't have the technology in the sixties displays a lack of understanding and arrogance that seems to be widespread amongst the iPod generation.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Some food for thought

On 12 April 1961, the USSR sent the first man into space?Yuri Gagarin. Six weeks later, US President John Kennedy promised a manned Moon landing by 1969 to win the battle of systems and impress the world with technical superiority:

NASA had to fake Apollo Moon landings due to severe technical problems, insoluble for these eight years, with deadlines needing to be met by all means. The USA could not afford to lose the Moon race. Bill Kaysing suggested that "during the 1960s, they (NASA) said 'if you can't make it, fake it'"
    In 2004, President George Bush gave not eight but sixteen years for a manned return to the Moon, albeit the technologies for it should have already been developed forty years ago. In 2010, President Barack Obama cancelled this plan, adding fuel to the fire of the Moon sceptics.

In 1967, a year before the first manned Apollo flight, there were 11 deaths within Nasa

The Apollo 1 crew was still alive for at least 15 minutes after the craft caught fire, because their autopsy found that they have managed to develop pulmatory oedema, which cannot happen if they had died earlier. Senior NASA astronaut and Apollo 1 commander Virgil Grissom was a sharp critic of the programme. "Quite a number of things are not in order with this spacecraft he once said "It's not as good as the ones we flew before." He publicly called the Apollo capsule "a bucket of bolts" and the spacecraft "a heap of old scrap". On 22 January 1967 (5 days before his death), he picked the largest lemon from his lemon garden in Texas, and intended to hang it on the Apollo spacecraft?as a symbol of failure. (In December 1966, a report made by Joe Shea noted that "At least 20,000 failures of all kinds had been logged, more than 200 of them in the environmental control system.") Grissom had received death threats earlier, which his family saw as coming from the space programme. "If there ever is a serious accident in the space programme, it's likely to be me", he said to his wife.

NASA quality engineer Thomas Baron died with his family a week after his 500-page report analysing the Apollo 1 incident was deposed before the Congressational committee, and the report vanished. To this date the report has never been found??

In early 1970, the Soviet Union recovered an empty Apollo capsule and returned it to the US several months later. The capsule was identified at NASA as a training capsule lost a while back. It was found on the night of 11?12 April 1970, the night after Apollo 13 was launched?

With their own competing Moon programme, the Soviets could be expected to have cried foul if the US tried to fake the Moon landings. Even if the Russians did suspect the landings were not authentic, the act of calling the USA liars of this magnitude at the height of the Cold War could have instigated a war, and perhaps they thought it better not to chance that. Russia could have blabbed to the world that the Moon landings were fake, and probably would have done were Khrushchev in power, but the West would say they were jealous because the USA had beaten them to it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

wow theres so many angles for each side... good post

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

No Star to be seen on any of the video footage or photographs, and when the astronaut were asked about them,
    they said, they cant or didnt remember seeing any.......
    Hmmmm.

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    233 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by goonster View Post
    No Star to be seen on any of the video footage or photographs, and when the astronaut were asked about them,
    they said, they cant or didnt remember seeing any.......
    Hmmmm.
    The answer is very simple: they are too faint. The Apollo photos are of brightly lit objects on the surface of the Moon, for which fast exposure settings were required. Fast exposures simply did not allow enough starlight into the camera to record an image on the film. For the same reason, images of Earth taken from orbit also lack stars. The stars are there; they just don't appear in the pictures.

The astronauts could have recorded star images in their photos by increasing exposures, but they were not there to take star pictures.

As for not seeing stars. That's a classic example of editing the truth to suit the theory. Stars could be seen from inside the lunar module through the upper rendevous window. The glare outside on the lunar surface was too strong for the astronauts eyes to become dark adapted.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

just out of curiousity and slightly off topic but,
    is it not possible to detect the debris left on the moon by the appollo missions from earth??
    the reason i ask , is that they can detect elements, atmospheres etc in unbelivably far away planets, comets etc.
    why cant they detect anything on the moon?

for the record, i believe they did go to the moon.
    i think it would be much too difficult to pull off such an elaborate hoax and keep it hidden for forty years.....

V.I.P. VIC
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by barrowmanandrew View Post
    just out of curiousity and slightly off topic but,
    is it not possible to detect the debris left on the moon by the appollo missions from earth??
    the reason i ask , is that they can detect elements, atmospheres etc in unbelivably far away planets, comets etc.
    why cant they detect anything on the moon?

for the record, i believe they did go to the moon.
    i think it would be much too difficult to pull off such an elaborate hoax and keep it hidden for forty years.....
    They deliberately left a reflector there that can be seen from earth, it was designed specifically for that purpose.

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    233 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mjolinor View Post
    They deliberately left a reflector there that can be seen from earth, it was designed specifically for that purpose.
    There are at least three pieces of hardware on the Moon that are not in dispute. Apollos 11, 14 and 15 erected laser reflectors on the lunar surface. Laser beams are routinely fired at these reflectors through telescopes at McDonald Observatory in Texas and near Grasse in southern France. Timings of these reflected beams are used to measure the Earth-Moon distance to an accuracy of one inch.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

does that not prove they were there then?

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    233 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by barrowmanandrew View Post
    does that not prove they were there then?
    In a word...yes.

(unless you're a conspiracy theorist.)

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Reflectors on the moon are not proof that there were people on the moon.
    Last edited by Cronus; 30th August, 2010 at 06:25 PM.

Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314 ... LastLast