From time to time on this and other forums, it seems there are people stuck with getting a KTS650 to run the Porsche PIWIS software, or upgrade a PIWIS to a newer revision of Firmware and software.

Many of the links to files died a long time ago, but there is also a lot of different opinions of what upgrade disks changed what, and what the best way of converting a KTS into a PIWIS, or upgrading a PIWIS to a later version.

I have a bit of an obsession with all Porsche diagnostic kit, especially from the past, such as the PST2, PIWIS1 and PIWIS2 for example.

Over the last couple of days have been repairing another KTS650 I picked up, with the view of turning it into a PIWIS-1 to join my other KTS650 which is running PIWIS-1, and a Genuine grey PIWIS-1 which is time expired.

I probably have everything I need close the working KTS650/PIWIS I have, to make the other two running as clones. But it has me thinking that it would be nice to try to build up a library of as many of the upgrade disks that I can find, with the purpose setting up a bit of an unofficial central point of support to PIWIS owners who suffer a crashed drive, or wish to perform a clean install or even upgrade to later versions of the software.

I am also getting pretty good at repairing these, so have been building up a bit of a library of pinouts of the internals, as well as narrowing down on the actual pinouts of the KTS650/PIWIS interface (as well as the 12pin, 19pin as well as 16 Pin OBDII cables, as there are so many junk versions of these for the PST2 and PIWIS-1)

Anyway, anyone able to help with my obsession by providing any service/upgrade disk/CD/DVD images?