Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    500 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by zanovo View Post
    Hello!
    Corolla still can`t start!
    what i am doing:
    1 I use every dump with matched keys (The led flashes)
    2 I use every virgin dums from this topic (the led stay on (ECU in learnig mode), start key matchig procedures.....I try to finis procedure with pedal or ign. methods -the led is stay on (procedure is not completed)
    Every time there is one mistake in ECU - B2796 (no communication in im*obiliser system)
    3 I check signals from ECU to coil - it is exist, and when I put transponder near it, I see changing.
    hello maybe you are using the wrong 4c chip , maybe its a valet chip ?

cj

Top Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by zanovo View Post
    Hello!
    Corolla still can`t start!
    what i am doing:
    1 I use every dump with matched keys (The led flashes)
    2 I use every virgin dums from this topic (the led stay on (ECU in learnig mode), start key matchig procedures.....I try to finis procedure with pedal or ign. methods -the led is stay on (procedure is not completed)
    Every time there is one mistake in ECU - B2796 (no communication in im*obiliser system)
    3 I check signals from ECU to coil - it is exist, and when I put transponder near it, I see changing.
    Zanovo I?m not sure why you are still having trouble.

If you can get the SEC LED to stay solid then the virgin file is fine and the problem lies elsewhere.

So let?s start with the ECU in AUTO REG MODE...

Make sure you read the following carefully. The amount of flashes on the SEC LED in AUTO RED MODE when you insert a key tells us lots.

Once you have the SECUITY LED lit solid from the virgin file does the SEC LED blink once after each key is inserted?
    Security LED SOLID >>>> Insert first key >>>> SEC LED flash once >>>> SEC LED SOLID >>>> Insert key 2 >>>> SEC LED flash once >>>> SEC LED solid >>>> Insert key 3 >>>> SEC LED flash once >>>> SEC LED SOLID >>>> SEC LED flashing (finished programming)

If you only want to program 1 or 2 keys you must press the brake pedal 5 times in 15 seconds after the last key.

If you don?t see the SEC LED blink at all after any key is inserted when in AUTO REG MODE then the "Key In ignition switch may be broken". The ignition housing has a switch to tell when a key is inserted (key does not have to be turned only inserted!) It?s very rare for this switch to fail but i have seen it once.

If the SEC LED stays solid after the 3rd key is removed or the brake pedal has been pressed 5 times then the vehicle is still in AUTO REGISTRATION MODE. The SEC LED will flash continuously after programming is complete.

Also
    Are your keys definitely 4C?

If that doesn?t work error code B2796 means a fault with either of the following
    * Keys (transponder chip)
    * Transponder key amplifier
    * Wiring Harness
    * Engine ECU

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    500 Posts

the ignition switch is not broken , because in the first post he said when he put in the key to program the immo light goes out .

that means the switch is working , this model you hear a relay click everytime you put a key into the ignition , and then power to the transponder amp .

cj

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    500 Posts

i think you are using the wrong 4c key.

use a master key from another toyo car .

EXAMPLE : FAULT CODE B2796 COMMUNICATION MALFUNCTION NO. 1 DISPLAYED -
    INVESTIGATION REVEALED ALL KEYS CLEARED FROM IMMOBILISER BUT UNABLE
    TO REGISTER KEY IN IGNITION. WRONG KEY SELECTED. CORRECT KEY
    REGISTERED WHEN INSERTED.
    􀃘

cj

Top Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cjawahir View Post
    hello maybe you are using the wrong 4c chip , maybe its a valet chip ?

cj
    There is no such thing as a 4C valet chip. The only difference between a Toyota 4C Master key and a Toyota 4C Valet key is the plastic head colour (master black & valet grey), The cuts on the key blade or the blade tip. When the keys where programmed the vehicle was told to program that particular key into a valet position. You can in fact program a Toyota 4C Valet key into a master key position and vice versa. A valet key will still not mechanically work in the glove box or boot/trunk though, due the cuts in the key.

When you introduce keys to a Toyota 4C system in Auto registration mode. The first 2 keys will be programmed into master key positions and the 3rd key will be programmed into a valet position. And then the system closes.

Now with Toyota 4D systems both the Master and Valet keys have unique data on them that actually makes them a master or slave. When you introduce keys under auto registration mode the vehicle can tell the difference and puts them into a Master key position or Valet depending on the key. You can enrol the keys in any order.

Also worth mentioning for those that don't know. You can tell if a key is programmed into the vehicle by the security led. The security led should stop flashing if a master key is inserted. If a Valet key is inserted the security led will stay solid for 2 seconds then stop flashing
    Last edited by AUS-MAN; 11th February, 2010 at 03:55 PM.

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    500 Posts

i am 100% sure that there is a 4c master and a valet chip .

i program two chip to a 3zze and when put the key in the immo light comes on for 2 sec and then off , with the master chip off as soon as you put it in .

i can program 3 valet key in and all can start the vehicle ,but you cant do this with the auto reg mode .

cj

Top Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts

i am 100% sure that there is a 4c master and a valet chip .

i program two chip to a 3zze and when put the key in the im*o light comes on for 2 sec and then off , with the master chip off as soon as you put it in .

i can program 3 valet key in and all can start the vehicle ,but you cant do this with the auto reg mode .

cj
    I can guarantee 100% there is no such thing as a 4C valet chip. They are very basic.

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    500 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by AUS-MAN View Post
    I can guarantee 100% there is no such thing as a 4C valet chip. They are very basic.

well i taught just as you but , my locksmith show me this with the 4c chip ,

i could use a new 93c56 chip and program 1 4c chip DATA to eprom and some times it may be a valet key .(the immo light takes some time to go off)

i can also program three master key to that chip .

cj

Top Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts

well i taught just as you but , my locksmith show me this with the 4c chip ,

i could use a new 93c56 chip and program 1 4c chip DATA to eprom and some times it may be a valet key .(the im*o light takes some time to go off)

i can also program three master key to that chip .

cj
    You can have 7 masters and 3 valets programmed to the 3ZZ-FE.

Next time you play with a 4C Toyota try programming in a master into a valet position and vice versa via onboard programming. Both keys will swap fine into either position.
    Like i said 4C are a very basic transponder thats why they are no longer used.

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    500 Posts

You can have 7 masters and 3 valets programmed to the 3ZZ-FE.

Next time you play with a 4C Toyota try programming in a master into a valet position and vice versa via onboard programming. Both keys will swap fine into either position.
    Like i said 4C are a very basic transponder thats why they are no longer used.
    ok never done it like that ,

just my experience with the 3zze-fe eprom , i just copy the 4c key data into the eprom with a special tool , dont know $HIT about edit hex file etc .

i have done many altis corolla ,its just my lock smith show me the immo light thing .

do you think it could be a ford 4c chip then , or all 4c is the same ?

cj

cj

Top Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts

yeap all 4C are the same except for data obviously.
    What tool do you use to program the eprom dump?

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    500 Posts

no name on the tool , its a gift from the usa locksmith .

its just a box with a clip to connect a eprom chip ,

cj

Top Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts

The box is just a EPROM programmer. Most probably a superpro 280. But what do you use software wise to edit the dumps or do you have a heap virgin files?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

yes use 4C electronic chip key it is easy to prgramme & you can programme same key many times in many cars 4C electronics chip key do not have transponder but it have electronic circuit with cell. when stop working key change button cell inside like our wrist watch. it is easy to copy .in 4C valet key sometime 4C transponder are locked sometimes so it can not programmed as we need & result is corrolla didnt start.
    chetan

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

The box is just a EPROM programmer. Most probably a superpro 280. But what do you use software wise to edit the dumps or do you have a heap virgin files?
    many many programmer is available in china price is near about 200usd it is simple programmer here we are using 50usd cost programmer for reading toyota 93c56 chip for 4C key programming. great no.????

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast