VAG ECU EDC15 Problem, need help
Register
    DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    52 Posts

Exclamation VAG ECU EDC15 Problem, need help

Hi mates, i have a trouble, i have a seat leon 1.9 tdi asv ecu hw and sw: 683/530 , one chiptuner gave me a modified ecu file (all checksumms and maps are right, dont talk about this please, its not the first time i put a remapped file on my car).

I didn't have kwp2000 in hand, and i tried to do with commander 1.4.

Reading was ok, but in writing...
    when i tried to start the car it cant, later i check with vagcom, and in engine module, numbers from coding are XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXX

When i check fault codes says (not exactly)
    eeprom incorrectly coded and other fault from confort module.

Later i tried with kwp2000 to put original ecu file, and at first i cannot be able to write original, but i disconnected positive cable from battery and i could write on it.

But the problem isnt solved, in vagcom says the same, and when i try to read with commander 1.4 says non sense kilometers and non sense pin code.

So i think that 29f400 is OK but 24c02 isnt.

Can anyone help me? im upset!

Thanks for all , really

Regards

PD: checksumm is correct, its not the file, im 100% sure, i think its the way commander 1.4 write in the car or something similar (i think i didnt disconnect fuse number 11 :S)
    LOVE DK!

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    163 Posts

Hi
    In tis ecu, eeprom is 24c04, not 24c02.
    I never used to write flash vag k+can commander in an ECU, I can not say anything about it, maybe bug in writing with vag k+can commander.
    Regards.

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    52 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gezame View Post
    Hi
    In tis ecu, eeprom is 24c04, not 24c02.
    I never used to write flash vag k+can commander in an ECU, I can not say anything about it, maybe bug in writing with vag k+can commander.
    Regards.
    sorry, 24c04 i meant
    LOVE DK!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts

As far as I understood, you worked Chip Tuning with VAG K + Can Commander-om.Wright, isn t? Now, if you have communication with the ECU try to correct the Galletto and careful to swap bytes if you do not have communication with the ECU then just dismantle the ECU, 29fxxx and reprogramming come off it with the correct file and re-watch the swap goes bytes.If communication and reading errors properly then it will be ok and then try to enter the modified file with Galletto and if again dont go, then again unsolder 29fxxx and write it with programmer but look out on the swap.

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    52 Posts

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by MOBILTRONIC View Post
    As far as I understood, you worked Chip Tuning with VAG K + Can Commander-om.Wright, isn t? Now, if you have communication with the ECU try to correct the Galletto and careful to swap bytes if you do not have communication with the ECU then just dismantle the ECU, 29fxxx and reprogramming come off it with the correct file and re-watch the swap goes bytes.If communication and reading errors properly then it will be ok and then try to enter the modified file with Galletto and if again dont go, then again unsolder 29fxxx and write it with programmer but look out on the swap.
    Thanks, i do not have galleto, im using kwp2000, i can write/read on the ecu, but something interesting i found,

I write original eeprom (chksum: E717) and then i try to read it, the chk changed! (chksum: D67F) why??.
    i make a comparation between the original i writed and the other i readed (shall be the same), but its different: check this img:

Another thing is that when i go in vag-com engine 01, in field extra shall to be VIN NUMBER and im*o NUMBER.
    I have XXXXXXX XXXXXXXX , so i think its corrupt.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    LOVE DK!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Default hi

Hi , I'm Sergio and I am an italian car technician , I hope I can help you , I think the problem is not so bad ... if the problem is the 24c04 eeprom , you can use a decoding file ( I will give you the last one), or if the problem is the 29F400 I will give you the original file you have to write in the ecu.

regards

Sergio

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    52 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sergiodc View Post
    Hi , I'm Sergio and I am an italian car technician , I hope I can help you , I think the problem is not so bad ... if the problem is the 24c04 eeprom , you can use a decoding file ( I will give you the last one), or if the problem is the 29F400 I will give you the original file you have to write in the ecu.

regards

Sergio
    Thanks for your reply mate, you think the problem is in 29f400 or in 24c04?.
    km, vin code, pin code, are all saved in the 24c04 so i think it is the problem.

Please can you tell me some info about the decoding file for 24c04? i never heard about it

Any chance to write/read 24c04 via obd? (for not disassemble ecu)

Thanks
    LOVE DK!

Top Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

you should be able to read/wirte 24c04 with simple k-line interface and sw like vag eprom 1.18.
    BR
    KP

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    52 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kptuning View Post
    you should be able to read/wirte 24c04 with simple k-line interface and sw like vag eprom 1.18.
    I tried with my old interface vagcom 409, but via usb (emulate com port), and dont work

I have other serial one, you think i should try with it?
    LOVE DK!

Top Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gomarota View Post
    I tried with my old interface vagcom 409, but via usb (emulate com port), and dont work

I have other serial one, you think i should try with it?
    Never tested with serial, but cant hurt to try
    BR
    KP

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    52 Posts

hmm dont know why i cannot press read/write flash or read/write eeprom with vag eeprom programmer 1.18
    LOVE DK!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sergiodc View Post

regards

Sergio
    hello, is it possible for me to add a tuned map onto my seat leon 1.9tdi mk2 1p using k+can commander v5.5 ? thanks sergio

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

hello Imaggy

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    107 Posts

you have k+can commander ! you use it for flash programming but you dont use it for read/write eeprom ... WHY ?

connect vag k+can commander, select K-Line, Engine, Read eeprom, wait, Save to file and post here this file
    Last edited by cosmind; 1st August, 2011 at 07:43 AM.