RENAULT CAN CLIP REPAIR SOLUTION - Page 43
Register
Page 43 of 45 FirstFirst ... 333839404142434445 LastLast
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

we have a second clip dongel in the workshop.

Unfortunately, the USB port is broken in this case. The soldering track on the board has been damaged. And to be able to use this dongle but it must be updated via USB to use the new clip software 176 can. Does anyone have any idea at which point of the board I can solder on a new USB cable (I simply do not have the right circuit diagram), because I suspect that at the connector from one board to another, there is a possibility to solder the cable. or whether it is possible to update the dongle via RJ45.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Anybody help me?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

second new an2135sc bought from the zls or whatever clone rebrand shop that sell it as sp19-a. it has the 74% update error BUT with both green and red leds on. if I rename the applican.s19 and appliiso.s19 it skips this passage but won't communicate with the car. inside I found the cy7c65113c with a bubble on it. the seller continues take time. any ideas? thx InkedIMG_20180709_144815224_LI.jpg

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Utente View Post
    second new an2135sc bought from the zls or whatever clone rebrand shop that sell it as sp19-a. it has the 74% update error BUT with both green and red leds on. if I rename the applican.s19 and appliiso.s19 it skips this passage but won't communicate with the car. inside I found the cy7c65113c with a bubble on it. the seller continues take time. any ideas? thx
    https://sites.google.com/view/repair...-57?authuser=0

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi all, looking for some help. I have read here but theres loads of info and its a little lost in translation in parts.

My issue is my clip (old now) works fine on a clio 2 rs but wont identify the vin on my twingo 2 or megane 2 rs. I have changed software and all the lights come on fine but it wont connect via vin, or manually when i enter the vin? i cant connect to the car at all any more. All leads check fine and i have taken it apart and used a multimeter and they are also fine?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

You may have a damaged CAN transceiver PCA82C250. The ISO board works and you can diagnose older cars, CAN does not communicate.
    In my Clip clone version of "GOLD", Can transceiver is in this place:
    Attachment 595002Attachment 595003
    I also marked the resistors that I had to replace. It's supposed to be around 26.1 kOhm.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I have CAN Clip v183. Tested it on three cars. All cars have an old OBD connector.
    In all cases all four lights on the Clip are on when connected. I entered VIN manually on the Clip with all cars because searching did not work..

1) 1993 Clio. Computer test list shows "petrol injection" only.
    It get a red progress bar which goes to like 90% then nothing happens.

2) 1991 R25 V6 Baccara. Computer list shows "petrol injection" only, while this car has many other computers.
    Petrol computer test doesn't work. I get a message to check clip and USB connections.

3) 1989 R25 V6 injection. Computer list shows "petrol injection" only.
    Petrol computer test doesn't work. I get a message to check Clip and USB connections.

I bought this CAN Clip new on Ebay for 82 GBP. Maybe that was too cheap?

Note that on car 1 en 2 the OBD connector from the Clip didn't fit right away. In a corner of the connector on the car there was a plastic blockage which I pushed away with a screwdriver top left in the pictures).

Before (I bent it back for this picture):
    IMG_2938.JPG

After:
    IMG_2939.JPG
    Last edited by AS1Renault; 17th February, 2019 at 09:43 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Checked the continuity of the cable and checked the soldering inside the Clip. Found nothing. Anything else I can check?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Try test on 1996-2000 Renault car to prove that ISO board is ok. The ISO green led blink when is trying to comunicate. To see other ECUs, try to put all zeros in the vin. Repórter please

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

UPDATE: I sent the old CAN Clip back and got another one, slighty more expensive. This one had an extra small USB socket...
    and I have got good news. The new Clip does work on all my cars. I also tested it at a meeting on two Renaults Safrane using OBD2 connection.

The only disappointed I have is that on my R25s only the injection ecu is show in the computers list.
    One of the cars is in permanent limp home mode (the automatic gearbox). I really was looking forward to reading the fault code using the Clip.
    I tried all R25 variants which have a AR4 automatic gearbox on the Clip.

When using the Clip on my 1993 Clio using ISO I *do* get a list of computers, even those that are clearly not in this car.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Here's what my Clip shows.

IMG_3021.JPG

IMG_3027.JPG

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi, guys. I have SP19B version, i can`t update it but changing two files i can bypass it, but after that when i try to read VIN or entering it manually and trying to run full scan ISO Green led turns off and i loose connection. Is it possible it is due oscillator crystal problem?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

hi, leferis I strongly doubt that you will resolve, but you can try. I ended by sending back 5 sp19a's with that identical problem and when asked sellers what they are doing to be sure those are 100% working they disappeared...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Hello.
    I'm looking for a programmer for the processor CY37064P100.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by zonkil View Post
    Hello.
    I'm looking for a programmer for the processor CY37064P100.

i did searched but its too old device , you can check it here http://www.cypress.com/file/39166

there is no new programmer offered by cypressi , but i think Elnec programs it