was wondering if i could use a gamma card
Register
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default was wondering if i could use a gamma card

hi i was wondering if i could use a gamma card on my dreambox dm500-s ? ive no bought one yet but i have a technomate 1500+ CI aswell also i have a dragon loader card that i got free with a infinity usb unlimited i bought can you tell me if i can use any of them for anything on my 2 boxs please. Also ive just bought a horizon hdsm v2.5 can anybody tell me if i can plug this into my motor or would i have to plug it straight in to the lnb. This has been 3 weeks now and i still dont have my motorized system set up right last guy that tried for me insisted in setting up by astra 19.2 instead of thor he was there 4 hours one day and 3 hours the next day and still couldnt get it working on usuals i even had to show the guy how to set it up using disecq so is this how it isnt worked right becuase he hasnt set it up on thor to begin with

any help would be realy apreciated guys

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

come on guys loads of people have looked at this still no replies though Hint Hint

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

when i mean i havent bought one yet i mean a gamma card not a dreambox as i do have the dreambox 500-s

Top Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

yes m8 to set up a dish alway find thor frist if you use dish poniter .com open it up put your address in there and and thor in the sat boxs you can zoom right into you house on the screen and a greem beam line will show up showing you weer thor is follow this to setup your dish and it will be spot on -----------------------------------------
    HOW TO SET UP A MOTORISED DISH
    -----------------------------------------

Equipment needed.
    -----------------
    Suitable mounting pole (2 aluminium or steel scaffold pole)
    TK brackets to mount pole on wall
    U-Bolts
    Spirit Level
    various drills, spanners, hammer
    Compass & Satellite signal meter (if possible)

Software
    --------
    ProgDVB with the dixie motor control plug-in available from the downloads area. Satellite Channel lists also available from the downloads area.

SITUATING YOUR DISH
    -------------------
    Please bear in mind that the dish needs to be far enough away from the wall and other obstruction to be able to rotate!! We normally mount the pole using TK brackets which extend out from the wall by 18 inches.

You need to be able to rotate the dish between at least 30 degrees east and 30 degrees west of due south, without obstructions such as trees in the way. The furthest point you normally go to the east is the same direction as a sky minidish (28.2 east), you need to be able to rotate the dish by 60 degrees to the west from this point. Standing behind the dish, the west is to the right of a minidish.

If you can get a clean arc as far as 45 degrees east and 45 degrees west then there are a few mor e interesting satellites you can recieve.

A good rule of thumb regarding obstructions - if the distance to the obstruction is twice the height of the obstruction you will have no problems. For instance if there is a fence that is 4 feet higher than the base of the dish, and the fence is 8 feet away then that will be OK.

SETTING UP THE MOUNT
    --------------------
    The first step to setting up a motorised satellite dish is the most important one! The mounting pole that the dish and motor will be fixed to must be exactly vertical!! This point can not be over stressed. If the dish is mounted on an aluminium tube which is one metre long, and the pole is out of true by as little as one centimetre top to bottom, that is enough to stop the dish tracking properly.

So step one - Get the mounting pole 100% plumb. Use a spirit level to check this side-to-side and front-to-back.

SETTING UP THE MOTOR AND DISH
    -----------------------------
    You need to correctly set the elevation on your dish motor. Most motors are marked with a graduated scale called Latitude However some are marked Elevation

If your motor is marked Latitude, then you set the scale to equal the latitude of you location. For example Liverpool is 53.5 degrees North - so set the Latitude on the motor to 53.

If the motor scale is marked Elevation then the correct formula to use is Elevation = 90 minus Latitude. For Liverpool 90 - 53 = 37.

Having done that, fasten up the bolts on the side of the motor as tight as possible (without breaking them of course!)

Now you attach the dish to the motor. The motor shaft has a center line marked on it, and you centre the dish mounting bracket on this line. If you can not see the centre line with the dish attached, take a length of insulating tape or similar, and use it to extent the centering line so you can see it. Tighten the dish down so it can not move side-to-side.

Now attach the dish and motor assembly to the mounting pole, and tighten down the motor bracket, leave it a little slack so you can trotate the entire motordish assembly in the pole.

INITIAL ALIGNMENT OF THE DISH
    -----------------
    The first thing you need to do is allign the dish to the satellite nearest to due south. This satellite in the UK is ThorIntelsat707 at 1 degree West. Using ProgDVB, load up the channels list for Thor. Open the channels list and click on the channel Business TV. This is a FTA channel that always carries a test screen with a picture of s clock or compass and the marking 1 West.

Using the dixie plug in, drive the motor to position 0.0 (fixed) the drive the Motor to Thor 1 West

Now rotate the entire motordish assembly to locate this satellite. This is easiest if you use a signal strength meter, or at the very least get your PC outdoors (dry weather only!) and in a position where you can see it! ProgDVB has a signal strength read out on the bottom bar of the TV picture window.

When you locate this satellite, adjust the elevation on the dish (NOT THE MOTOR!!) to get the strongest signal. For your guidance, Thor is elevated a few degrees higher than Astra. Once you have the strongest signal, lock the dish elevation so it can not move.

Now load the channel list for Astra, and using dixie plugin, drive the motor to Astra. Astra is a powerful satellite and you should have no problems finding a picture.

Go back to your dish, and using the spirit level double check that the mounting pole is still vertical and has not moved under the weight of the dish, otherwise this problem needs to be corrected before continuing.

Now load the channel list for Hispasat, and using dixie drive the motor to Hispasat. Hispasat is a considerably weaker than Astra. You Should choose one of the Strong channels to test - The FTA channel called Programaceo is a good one to use, or also Disney channel. Also we have noticed that motors tend to overshoot a little when moving to Hispasat, you may need to tap the EAST button a couple of times to manually drive the dish slightly back to get a good signal. If you can't seem to find a signal on Hispsat at the moment then don't worry about that just now (time for worry comes later hehehe!!)

Now go and check again that the mounting pole has remained vertical and not moved under the weight of the dish, otherwise this problem needs to be corrected before continuing.

Now drive the dish back to 1 West (Thor)

TRACKING THE DISH
    -----------------
    START
    First check that you have the strongest possible signal on Thor (Business TV). Do this by grabing hold of the top and bottom of the dish and gently flexing this dish upward and downward. You should get a worsening signal as you move the dish up - down - left - or right. If this is not he case then loosen the motor brackts and reallign the motor position left right. loosen the dish elevation nuts and alter the dish up and down until you have the best possible signal. when flexing the dish you are not trying to get the strongest signal, just flex it enough to check if the signal gets better or worse in each direction.

Now drive the dish to Sirius 5 East. Load up the channels list for Sirius and choose NOVY Canal You should get a strong signal from this channel - around 90%. Then choose one of the weak transponders on Sirius (Viasat Ticket) These channels are very weak in the UK - even in clear weather conditions on a 1 metre dish you will not get more than about 55% signal on a perfectly aligned dish.

While on Viasat Ticket, flex the dish up and down slightly to see which gives the best signal strength. Make a note of which direction improves the signal UP or DOWN. You can also try manually driving the dish slightly further east or weat with the EAST WEST buttons.

Now go back to Hispasat. Choose Programaceo Channel. If you are getting little or no signal flex the dish slightly up or down to see which direction gives better signal. Remember that the dish tends to move slightly too far west on Hispasat so you may need to manually drive it slightly back to the east. Again make a note of which gives better signal UP or DOWN.

If you have a good signal on Hispasat Programaceo of say 75% or more - try one of the weaker channels such as P-Cinema. These channels are again much weaker than others on Hispasat - a well aligned dish gives you around 65-70% signal. Once again flex the dish up and down to wee which direction gives best signal.

If you can't find Hispasat AT ALL then move your dish to 8 or 15 degrees west and repeat the above process to see which is better reception UP or DOWN and make a note.

Now drive the dish back again to Thor 1W Business TV and check that it is still perfectly aligned and all this flexing has not changed the dish elevation. Reallign if necessary.

Now one of 5 possible situations will have occured. These will be dealt with below. And if you need to adjust the alignment of you dish then remember the next line!

IMPORTANT - ONLY EVER ADJUST THE DISHMOTOR WHILE YOU ARE ON THOR 1 WEST

Situation 1. Dish gives better signal when flexed upwards on both Sirius Ticket and Hispasat P Cinema - in this case you need to DECREASE the elevation of the motor and INCREASE the elevation of the dish to compensate. Reallign for strongest signal on Business TV then go to START

Situation 2. Dish gives better signal when flexed downwards on both Sirius Ticket and Hispasat P Cinema - in this case you need to INCREASE the elevation of the motor and DECREASE the elevation of the dish to compensate. Reallign for strongest signal on Business TV then go to START

Note Situations 1 and 2 should never arise if you correctly set the motor elevation to your latitude (eg Liverpool - 53 degrees)!!

Situation 3. (The most common one!!) Dish gives better signal when flexed DOWNWARDS on Sirius Ticket and UPWARDS on Hispasat P Cinema - in this case you need to loosen and rotate the MOTOR a few degrees to the West (Towards HISPASAT) and then tighten up the motor, loosen the dish and rotate the dish back towards the East to compensate. Reallign for strongest signal on Business TV then go to START

Situation 4. Dish gives better signal when flexed UPWARDS on Sirius Ticket and DOWNWARDS on Hispasat P Cinema - in this case you need to loosen and rotate the MOTOR a few degrees to the east (Towards SIRIUS) and then tighten up the motor, loosen the dish and rotate the dish back towards the West to compensate. Reallign for strongest signal on Business TV then go to START

5. Well Done! You get perfect alignment on all three points!! No further adjustment required

by using two cvery weak signals on Hispsat and Sirius you can get a perfect alignment of your dish - all other satellites are more powerful and you wil have no problem with these.

STRONG TRANSPONDERS FOR SCANNING

53E 11044 V 29800 3/4
    45E 11627 V 01320 7/8
    42E 11812 H 27500 3/4
    39E 12524 V 27500 3/4
    36E 12686 V 04340 1/2
    33E 11472 H 30000 5/6
    28E 10744 H 22000 5/6
    23E 11475 V 27500 3/4
    19E 10773 H 22000 5/6
    16E 11554 V 28800 7/8
    13E 11862 H 27500 3/4
    10E 11607 H 27500 5/6
    07E 11471 H 30000 5/6
    05E 12303 H 25548 7/8
    01W 11421 H 24500 7/8
    05W 12543 H 27500 3/4
    08W 12649 V 27500 5/6
    11W 11483 V 12800 3/4
    12.5W 11345 H 30000 3/4
    15W 11494 V 17469 3/4
    22W 11675 H 05632 3/4
    30W 11811 H 27500 3/4

45e 11.495V 3254
    42e 11.135V 4444
    39e 12.524V 27500
    36e 12.695V 3030
    28.2e 10.773H 22000
    26e 11.919H 27500
    23.5e 11.675H 27500
    19e 10.832H 22000
    16e 11.554V 28800
    13e 10.758V 27500
    10e 11.054V 4375
    7e 11.175V 27500
    5e 11.766H 27500
    1w 11.189V 2142
    5w 12.543H 27500
    8w 11.556H 27500
    12.5w 11.132H 3255
    15w 11.494V 17464
    18w 11.661H 5632
    22w 11.613H 1655
    27.5w 11.665V 12223
    30w 12.012V 27500

53E, 11100V, 6000, 3/4
    33E, 11472H, 30000, 5/6
    4W, 10726H, 3750, 3/4
    7W, 11747V, 27500, 3/4
    11W, 11464V, 4340, 1/2
    37.5W, 12522H, 5425, 1/2
    43W, 12584V, 27500, 3/4
    45W, 11510H, 26694, 5/6
    58W, 11612H, 3670, 3/4
    -

Retired Sat TV Addict
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts

DM500 will not read the Gamma card, only via Omnikey serial Reader.

Read the Rules here; they apply to EveryOne.

DM800s HD
    Openbox S10
    TM500
    DM500s

90cm FortecStar dish
    Technomate 2300 motor powered by UsalS

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

i have bought a horizon hdsm satilite meter so i have that bit covered so now i have to get my m8 to go up and reset my motor as i am disabled so while reseting it i leave motor plugged in to sat box so it has power eh ? then once he has it at 0 he presses the reset botton then do i factory reset my sat box then add the sats i want then do i go to transponder scan and select go to thor while power is still in motor then get my m8 to fine tune it with my sat meter so realy thor isnt on 0 eh ? or should i make it so its on 0 when tunes in to thor ? thanks for the help guys

about the gamma card what can i gain by buying one and i actualy sell pheonix card readers serial ones would this work with dreambox or my infinity usb unlimited or does it definetly have to be a omnikey i buy as ive heard of people buying smargos what do they use them for as my 500-s does not have a usb port eh ?