Bouquet help on DM500s needed please?
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Bouquet help on DM500s needed please?

OK I'm new to this forum, and also to the Linux based Satellite "scene"...

I'm not one for asking questions without first searching, but I've tried a number of searches on this and can't seem to work it out.

I'm running a DM500s, don't think it's a clone.. but to stay safe I'm only running Gemini 4.2 (with Cccam 2.1.4 and NewCS 1.66 to read my white card)
    Now, I've got so far as getting the box running and decoding the likes of the Disney Channel when the card is in. But, I'm having trouble getting more channels "tuned in". I've currently got what seems to be a basic list that has the likes of BBC, ITV and couple of Disney & Sky Box office channels?.

As I inderstand this, these are stored in a "bouquet" and these can be downloaded and FTP'd to the box to give a comprehensive list of channels - is this correct?
    I've tried using a couple of bouquet's that I've found on the net, and allthough I can get them onto the box and it refreshes with them? they don't seem to work and just show a blank screen and no signal. Am I doing something wrong?

For info, I have a fully subscribed white card and I live in the North West region of the UK. My reason for wanting to use a Dreambox is so I can upgrade to a 8000 HD (when I'm fluent with the way it all works) so I can make use of the streaming function for when I'm away from home, and also a Dreambox will allow me to use a local NAS box as additional storage. I know this is probably still strictly against my provider's T&C's but I am not insterested in any further breaches or illegal activity.

I hope my post isn't going angainst any forum rules, and if you've read this far? thankyou very much

So, please can someone advise what settings to use to get full UK BSB channel listings and / or how to do it correctly?

Many thanks for any help or advice.
    Stu

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Oh, and to add... I'm not using any sort of motorised or modified dish... just the standard Oval dish as supplied by BSB - I'm only interested in the channels that I'm already paying for with my subscription

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Stubs your problem sounds similar to what I experienced when I first started out with the dm500s. After several days of head banging and help from one person in particular on this forum I managed to resolve this.

I was not slecting the cccam2.1.3 emu from my blue button menu when restarting the cam.

Just ensure you have cccam2.1.3 selected instead of common interface when restarting the cam.

hope this helps.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thanks for the reply scoobyb21...
    I've already been selecting the correct cam, as it also caught me out originally. The Disney channel is decrypting fine now though so that makes me think that the cam is working as it should be.

My problem is that I can only select from about 50 channels (most of them are regional duplicates of ITV or BBC)

I'd like to get all the Sky Movies / Sports / Discovery etc... as these are all channels that my Sky card is subscribed to.

Does it have something to do with the "keys"? I've seen a guide somewhere about running a -dv command on the CCcam and it should show 2 lines reading;

20:26:44.947 CCcam: added 345 keys from /var/keys/SoftCam.Key
    20:26:45.039 CCcam: added 432 keys from /var/keys/AutoRoll.Key

...but mine doesn't - it says they're not found. Does this contribute to my issue, or am I looking the wrong way?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Where have you got your cccam file from?

Also how did you create your cccam.config file, I would blank most of the data from your cccam.config file and just have the very basic data in their at first ie box key etc to make sure it is clearing all channels as required.

I am not at home at the moment, so cant help much as all info is on computer at home.

I will keep an eye out for your post this evening to see if I can get you some more info once at home.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

if your not opening the movies sport channels you need the boxkey from sky box read here http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums...sky+white+card

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

It's not that they're not opening them... I haven't even found them yet

I tried downloading a bouquet which I thought would let me get them but it just showed a blank screen with no signal as if it was the wrong settings? Is this correct, or would it show like this because it wasn't decrypted?

Thanks,
    Stu

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

if youve got the channels after you scannned in your all channels services list and you select it if its not open you will see a blank screen

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by scoobyb21 View Post
    Where have you got your cccam file from?

Also how did you create your cccam.config file, I would blank most of the data from your cccam.config file and just have the very basic data in their at first ie box key etc to make sure it is clearing all channels as required.

I am not at home at the moment, so cant help much as all info is on computer at home.

I will keep an eye out for your post this evening to see if I can get you some more info once at home.
    I just selected it from the blue menu in the end... I haven't done anything with the config file

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by wilf View Post
    if youve got the channels after you scannned in your all channels services list and you select it if its not open you will see a blank screen
    But my scan didn't show up any of the Sky movies, Sky 1, Sky sports.. etc... It's only showing a couple of BBC & ITV & Play Disney.

Wouldn't I still get a signal strength on an encrypted channel even if it's just a blank screen? The Bouquet I downloaded didn't give me anything

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by stubs View Post
    I just selected it from the blue menu in the end... I haven't done anything with the config file
    if you havent done anything with the .config then you havent got the boxkey yet, read that link i posted forget the newcamd stuff you only need cccam213 or 214 as that will read your card alone now. you need to enter the boxkey in .config to open sports and movies.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by stubs View Post
    But my scan didn't show up any of the Sky movies, Sky 1, Sky sports.. etc... It's only showing a couple of BBC & ITV & Play Disney.
    Wouldn't I still get a signal strength on an encrypted channel even if it's just a blank screen? The Bouquet I downloaded didn't give me anything

when you set up your box from start did you scan on 28.2 e as this is where your sky mini dish is pointing

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Oh I thought it was working because the Play Disney channel works when the card is in but not when it's removed.

So once I've put the boxkey in the config file, should a UK Bouquet save me having to try and scan for the channels myself?

Will it also populate the SoftCam & AutoRoll key files? - What actually are these? Are they needed for what I'm trying to do?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I believe it was 28.2e.. is that the Astra option?
    Sorry... I think I've fallen in way above my head

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

no playhouse disney is not in the premium channels list on sky so that will work with just the card in and ccam running. that exercise shows your cam is working!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast