Attached Files Attached Files

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BillG View Post
    A friend emailed this to me thought it might be worth sharing
    Ha! Ha!

I know what you mean, I had to renew mine & my sons passport last year & phoned the passport helpline to say that I have had our photos taken + printed but could not find anyone of authority to sign them.
    My GP surgery, Bank, Dentist, & even my son's school has stopped doing it, so it seems that nobody wants to take the responsibillity any more, I also told them that we have not been in trouble so could not get the police, solicitor or judge to do it, you are just making it too hard for people to get passport now.

The reply was we had to get the photos signed by someone in authority or we could not get the passports renewed.

That was when I exploded & said that I have been a uk resident all my life, living in the same house that I was when we had the last passport, had the same job @ the airbase for over 20 years, signed the official secrets act, have to get a criminal record check every 2 years, got the same email add, driving licence & Bank ect, ect & now you telling me that I cant have a passport to leave the country for a 2 week holiday, I then asked to speak to a supervisor, only to be told that a supervisor was not available but they would pass on this info to a supervisor who would then contact me.

A supervisor rang me 2 days later & all she said was that as long as mine + my sons facial features was still the same, I.E: we still had 2 ears, 2 eyes & a nose on our faces positioned where they they should be with no extra scars ect, then it will be ok.

We got the new passports 2 weeks later...

--- Ian ---