Starview 5 lost channels
Register
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Starview 5 lost channels

Can someone help please. I have recently lost channels on my starview 5 box after having updated it with the latest firmware around a month ago although i have forgotten which version i used. Everything worked fine for a few weeks then channels just stopped working all of a sudden, terrestrial and sky channels included. Is this normal and will another update fix it? thanks in advance.

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by daniboy123 View Post
    Can someone help please. I have recently lost channels on my starview 5 box after having updated it with the latest firmware around a month ago although i have forgotten which version i used. Everything worked fine for a few weeks then channels just stopped working all of a sudden, terrestrial and sky channels included. Is this normal and will another update fix it? thanks in advance.
    Press menu > user settings > system info & this will show you which firmware you have, the latest for sv 5 is v2.03, I take you have tried factory reset & a rescan

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

maybe ur area is turned to N3, where you from?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi there, ill check which firmware i have and try to reset things thanks. Im in the north-east, close to middlesbrough.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

What is N3? and could this be my problem? How would i sort this out?

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by daniboy123 View Post
    What is N3? and could this be my problem? How would i sort this out?
    you wont sort nag3 out, end of.. have a good look on site for plenty of info on it.
    YNWA..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hello - i have just received my sv5 box..and installed v2.03...and followed the sv5 tut...it has found 60+ channels...unfortunately....the good channels have the $ sign next to them....is there a newer firmware d/l ?......middlesbrough uk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi
    I am in the same boat. If you find out, let me know.

Top Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I live in the Teeside area, since the loss of channels a few days ago my Eurovox Max is back up and running working like a Dream but my Starview5 channels are blank. I tried the new firmware 2.05 no joy so back to 2.03 still no channel are clearing.Any suggestions would be very much appreciated.

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,562 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jaydee View Post
    I live in the Teeside area, since the loss of channels a few days ago my Eurovox Max is back up and running working like a Dream but my Starview5 channels are blank. I tried the new firmware 2.05 no joy so back to 2.03 still no channel are clearing.Any suggestions would be very much appreciated.
    have you set default key and turned keycode on

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by smoggy View Post
    have you set default key and turned keycode on
    think i have made a big mistake i loaded v2.05 on to my starview 5 box and its made it worse is there any way back to v2.3 it pausing and freezing all the time please help thanks pentiumfc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Starview 5 firmware

Hi just got St5 the box2. Scanned but only getting some FTA channels. Have set default key but when I turn key code on everytime i go back to menu it appears off. In teeside area, have firmware 2.03 on box. Similar green $ next to premium channels. Has anyone found a fix yet? Is v2.05 now working for people or is there a later one? Thanks

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    110 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by 1mo View Post
    Hi just got St5 the box2. Scanned but only getting some FTA channels. Have set default key but when I turn key code on everytime i go back to menu it appears off. In teeside area, have firmware 2.03 on box. Similar green $ next to premium channels. Has anyone found a fix yet? Is v2.05 now working for people or is there a later one? Thanks
    you will not get it working, search for nag 3 on here, the end has come, no more free tv

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    608 Posts

the end

Virgin Media have applied a code update which has crippled cable boxes across the country which were used for receiving cable TV illegally.

Cable boxes affected include the Eurovox, Nokia Dbox, Starview and Kryptview.

Users receiving cable TV illegally receive the error message “Please wait…code been updated” and no channels can be accessed.

According to industry analyst Ian Waller, “The change is causing false keys to be recorded on a ROM7 update, usually only 1 or 2 characters are wrong, this has been happening on ROM10 and ROM11 updates for the last year. A genuine card can handle the change, an emulator can not.”

Virgin Media applied a similar change around a year ago, and it took almost a week for firmware updates for chipped boxes to keep pace.

However, from reports coming in the changes by Virgin may not be a simple one off event, but instead being applied on a daily basis.

Although updates are available on the internet which try to keep track of the changes, if the code changes are being implemented on a daily basis this could make it very difficult for firmware updates to keep track.

The result would be a victory for Virgin in their battle against cable piracy, and an end to the widespread use of cable boxes for receiving illegal free cable TV.
    On another note, Virgin is preparing the launch of Nagra Vision version 3 smart cards to further enhance network security for its Cable TV customers. These new smart cards will increase the encryption capabilities of the existing set top boxes and introduce new features for blocking access to non paying customers and enhanced "On Demand" security. It is rumoured that Virgin is planning to issue all customers with new smart cards as part of a "self install" policy.
    Watch this space for more information as soon as its available

Kryptview read about these m8 780 Kryptview

http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums...n3-faq-160775/
    any information provided is for educational/experimental purposes only.