VAG-COM/VCDS EVERYTHING - Page 337
Register
Page 337 of 843 FirstFirst ... 237287327332333334335336337338339340341342347387437837 ... LastLast
Results 5,041 to 5,055 of 12634
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

It's supposed to be faster than the HEX CAN version and it has a removable cable.

Also, they have removed the labeling from the micro-controller..

If you look closely you can read the ARM letters at the top.. And ST letters at the bottom. Well, here it is..

How am I sure that is it F4 and not F1 or F3? Because it is the size of F4, and F1 or F3 are smaller.

And for the voltage regulator - I will test it soon. Thanks for the help! Also, I've already received the refund.
    Last edited by ireun; 7th July, 2017 at 11:32 PM.

Top Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

@ireun

I see
    Type: Ross-Tech HEX-USB
    but should be
    Type: HEX V2

Cheap chinese interface in new case...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1OkpJe8ySUc&t=48
    Last edited by tk500; 7th July, 2017 at 06:00 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

@tk500

Exactly, but the chip is really different, so maybe it's really supposed to be faster, they just used old dump.. To be honest I don't know.

Atmega162:
    • 8-bit
    • 16 Mhz clock speed
    • 16K Bytes of In-System Self-programmable Flash program memory
    1K Bytes Internal SRAM

ARM STM F4:
    • 32-bit
    • Maximum clock rate of 84 / 168 / 180 MHz
    • Up to 1 Mbyte of Flash memory
    • Up to 192+4 Kbytes of SRAM including 64-Kbyte of CCM (core coupled memory) dataRAM

To be honest, this chip is way more powerful than old Atmega..

Top Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

MCU is too powerful
    So it does not work.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to tk500 For This Useful Post:

fantomel (12th July, 2017)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Sorry for my first post as a "lamer"question :

VCDS VAG-COM 12.12.0 always used with no ethernet connection and retro-date (01-oct-2013 as per manual)
    I was resetting flap motor on my AUDI , it comes with "this function requires a licensed interface" message
    Reinstalled VCDS on a different fresh computer , same error

Is it the cable circuit corrupted rather than software/pc ??
    Is there a procedure to restore to previous working state ?

This is the interface :
    vag1.jpgvag2.jpgvag3.jpg

Thank you very much for any answer you can give me.

regards

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts

You can repair it with kolimer files and have 17.1.3 version

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

just two silly questions:

My working 12.12.0 has never been connected to internet while VCDS was running or USB cable connected :

Why it has become unlicensed itself ???

If cabled was voided someway,(atmega/flash modified) it was been done via USB , why it is not possible to do the same via USB to restore ??

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Please , to make the long story short , I don't understand the complete procedure for Kolimer's 17.1.3 :

Into the archive we have :

epromavr.bin
    epromavr.hex
    eepromftdi.bin

which one(s) has to be used and which programming software has to be used for ?

flash...044.bin
    flash...044.hex
    flash...046.bin
    flash...046.hex

which one(s) has to be used and which programming software has to be used for ?

ftdi_ft_prog.xml
    ftdi_mprog.ept

which way have to be used ??

VAGCOM_HWType.exe cannot be used as FTD2XX.DLL is missing : where to find this library ? which version ?

As you see there is a lack of informations , yes I well understand who provides these tools is an experienced programmer/engineer but newbie cannot go ahead by try and try (with a possible HW failure)

The only tutorial found, refers to another procedure (vidpidfix plus ponyprog)

Please, can anybody explain to community in just few rows the right procedure and software used ?

Thank you very very much

All work very appreciated.

Last edited by digiteltlc; 13th July, 2017 at 02:25 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Anyone got ols loader for winols 1.5?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ireun View Post
    ...How am I sure that is it F4 and not F1 or F3? Because it is the size of F4, and F1 or F3 are smaller.
    Perhaps this chip STM32F072 in LQFP64 package, it?s easier and cheaper, fully suitable for this device. What driver is used for this cable? This is emulation of FT232 functions on the CPU or substitution at the software level?

12. The Following User Says Thank You to BASi77 For This Useful Post:

ireun (15th July, 2017)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BASi77 View Post
    Perhaps this chip STM32F072 in LQFP64 package, it’s easier and cheaper, fully suitable for this device. What driver is used for this cable? This is emulation of FT232 functions on the CPU or substitution at the software level?
    I can't see any chip on this PCB that would do that. In terms of driver.. The VCDS setup .exe is signed by Ross-Tech, also, VID is the same as for the FT chip.. So probably just a substitution..

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Friends I have a big doubt. I have been following this thread as much as I can since first post and I have learned to repair a cable. I have repaired a pair of mine in the past with great sucess. But still I have a big doubt, why sometimes cables get broken (interface not found port not ready usb port not recognized) sometimes after repair an interface? In fact even usb port is not recognizing FTDI IC in cable, why this happends? I have try changing FTDI IC without luck at all? I am using an isolated WinXP 32bit session without any network connection at all and ICs inside cable have been repaired/reflashed properly, according to info posted here. Interface can work some minutes, days inclusive weeks without any issue and a day it simple stop working and computer can not recognize it usb port. Then anyone can enlight me to know how to correct this hardware issue or how to improve a clone cable to avoid this issue?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by eliotroyano View Post
    Friends I have a big doubt. I have been following this thread as much as I can since first post and I have learned to repair a cable. I have repaired a pair of mine in the past with great sucess. But still I have a big doubt, why sometimes cables get broken (interface not found port not ready usb port not recognized) sometimes after repair an interface? In fact even usb port is not recognizing FTDI IC in cable, why this happends? I have try changing FTDI IC without luck at all? I am using an isolated WinXP 32bit session without any network connection at all and ICs inside cable have been repaired/reflashed properly, according to info posted here. Interface can work some minutes, days inclusive weeks without any issue and a day it simple stop working and computer can not recognize it usb port. Then anyone can enlight me to know how to correct this hardware issue or how to improve a clone cable to avoid this issue?
    It seems the same issue I was talking about on this page.....
    Cable becomes unlicensed or unusable without connecting PC to internet....... why does it happen ??

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ireun View Post
    .. In terms of driver.. The VCDS setup .exe is signed by Ross-Tech, .. So probably just a substitution..
    Could you copy the installation CD from the cable "HEX-V2" on ge.tt and post the link.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Sure, there was also an archive on the CD, that had this file in it, but it was corrupted... So only the .exe http://www91.zippyshare.com/v/Jm3ddt4j/file.html

Zippy > ge.tt

18. The Following User Says Thank You to ireun For This Useful Post:

BASi77 (14th July, 2017)