Register
Page 351 of 845 FirstFirst ... 251301341346347348349350351352353354355356361401451 ... LastLast
Results 5,251 to 5,265 of 12663
    DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    123 Posts

Open case, make 2 photos with both sides of PCB (good resolution) and post here.

Top Poster

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

today will arrive and i will post some photos

Top Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

Hello all,

i found in my "electric treasure chest" an old VCDS clone. I don't know which software version belongs to the interface.
    Maybe someone has an idea?

vcds-unkown.jpgVCDS1.JPGVCDS2.JPG
    Last edited by networkers; 18th October, 2017 at 03:49 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hello everyone, I'm new here. I have a cable that I bought from vag-diagnosics. It had full ross-tech 10.6.4. Long story short, I damaged the CD the software came on. Their website has the software but the zip file has a code. The company seems defunct so I can't get the code. Anyway, is there a way to use this with a different software? What are the steps? Where do I get the software. Any help would be appreciated.

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    77 Posts

If do not find 10.6.4 on the internet, yout need to reflash your tool (if it has Atmega inside). For reflash you need: soldering station, USBASP programer, 12v psu, dumps from and the Tutorial.pdf file from this forum, after that instal new software coresponding to dumps and you are good to go.
    Before you start this "journey" take a litlle time and read from the first page to have a clear picture in your mind before you proceed..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Hi all
    Anyone know how i can read and save dump from cabel ? China clone has now all languages. I want do backup dump from this clone. How i can do it ? Anybody can write me all step by step pls....
    Or maybe anybody has this dump...

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    92 Posts

Not possible, it is encrypted
    Keep in mind, English is not my native language.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

But in ProgISP is available option read flash and eeprom...

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    92 Posts

Yes encrypted
    Keep in mind, English is not my native language.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

ok thanks for help

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    379 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mircea13 View Post
    today will arrive and i will post some photos
    So have you received your interface?
    Where are the promised pics?
    I can calculate ABS module codings for:
    * Continental/Teves MK60EC1 and MK60;
    * TRW systems in Passat B6 / B7 / CC /Tiguan;
    * MK100
    ;
    * Bosch ABS8.2, ABS9.0 and ESP8.2, ESP9.0;
    * EBC 460 (UP!, Mii, Rapid, CitiGo, Fabia, Toledo, etc) New!
    ... and other VW/Audi/Seat/Skoda modules.I can assist with repairing \/CDS interfaces.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi guys,

I bought a clone HEX V2 from AliExpress.

Yesterday it arrived. I connected it to my laptop, LED started blinking blue how it should. Did a cable test in VCDS that was on the disc they gave me, and it showed K1 and K2 line "Short to Ground", which I thought was a bit strange. Then I connected the cable to my 2005 Audi A4 2.0 TDI and tested again. Now it showed K1 line "Short to +12", K2 OK, CAN OK. I tried going into control modules, but as soon as I went to the control module selection screen, the dashboard on the car lit up like a christmas tree and every kind of errors came up (automatic headlight adjusment, brakes, PRNDS inverted then disappear, etc.). I can connect to the control modules (engine, auto trans, ABS) and they all have fault codes like "no communication" and such. I can read values from measuring blocks fine. I can start the engine, but until I select a control module the RPM gauge doesn't work and the engine is in limp mode (it barely reacts to any throttle input in neutral). If I select any control module then RPM gauge starts working and engine comes back to normal mode. As soon as I exit the control module it goes back to limp mode. I disconnected the interface, turned off the ignition, closed and opened the car, then tried starting it again and everything is back to normal, no errors, no lights, engine and gearbox work fine.

I disassembled the interface and it looks exactly the same as other HEX V2 knockoffs that I've seen in this thread. But one thing I found on the back side is that some soldering residue caused pin 8 and 16 to be connected to each other, and as I checked, pin 16 is +12V from car. Maybe this could be the issue why it says short to +12V? I removed the excess solder and will try it again soon. If that wasn't the problem, am I risking damage to my control modules with this cable? Because after restarting the car all the errors go away, but I'm still worried. I already applied for a refund anyway.

Top Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

Why do you think it is "HEX V2" ?
    The test result shows otherwise.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tk500 View Post
    Why do you think it is "HEX V2" ?
    The test result shows otherwise.
    You're right, it does say "HEX-USB+CAN" not "HEX V2"..... guess I got screwed over by them chinese... and I paid $25 for this piece of cr*p...
    Tried it again with the removed excess solder but still no change.

2017-10-20_23h06_34.jpg

I applied for a refund for "product not as described" and "not functioning properly".

Could you guys recommend something that is tried and has a high chance of working? I want to do some basic stuff on my A4 B7 like adapting the multitronic clutch, turning off automatic door locks, etc...

Thanks!

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    77 Posts

V2 or not, should work with software from the cd, in your case your reqouest for refund is legit.
    However, can u share some pics? Just to see the ultimate miracle from chinese factory called V2...