VAG-COM/VCDS EVERYTHING - Page 390
Register
Page 390 of 844 FirstFirst ... 290340380385386387388389390391392393394395400440490 ... LastLast
Results 5,836 to 5,850 of 12650
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by nicu_cuc View Post
    the same problem in 17.1.3 EN and 17.8.1 EN ON Dell e7240 Win7 X64 and Win10 X64
    You must use english EEPROM with older x64.

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    77 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by pkor View Post
    Can i flash new firmware on this one (vag157)? just using 12v and usb

When trying to write with Vagcom_EEwritelang is says "not in Bootloader mode"
    In this case you need external programmer - ex. usbasp.

Top Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by hid3 View Post
    Mates, what's so surprising here?
    A friend called Milanezu from Romania sells Chinese cable for 120 Euros + 35 Euros for shipping with labels "EU" and "HQ".

Even Ross Tech is not an exception. They sell OBD2 2x2_to_16pin-ODB2 adapter for $50. In one post Uwe told that "we get them from the same company which supplies these directly to VW". In fact, for that price you can get no less than 20-25 identical adapters from China for the real price and thrown each one after a single use to dust bin (and most likely you still won't run out of stock even by using this method) but there still are some customers who pay big bucks for same crap.

At our local cinema they sell popcorn for 4 Euros whereas it costs cents to grow and manufacture.
    The same is for coffee. It's one of the cheapest yet most overpriced products in the world but every day I see people paying over 3 Euros for a cup of coffee just in a branded paper cup.

Italians are no exception; in fact they are very lazy people who don't like to work but they like money very much.

Welcome to reality.
    TOP MAN, TOP COMMENT! 100% reality
    HEX FW 48 available
    Chiptuning solutions - dyno proven

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

People on here seem very knowledgeable so I was wondering whether this classic interface from obd2cartool would support all the cars the original Hex-USB+CAN ross-tech interface does?

http://www.obd2cartool.com/atmega162...hipping-p-1555

Some sellers state these clones do not support K2 protocol, not support some cars such as VW Golf 6 (5k platform) etc. Will this cable support all the functions?

Many thanks in advance.

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    379 Posts

Even cheaper version of the cable you refer to:
    http://www.obd2cartool.com/vagcom-16...version-p-1266

Basically it's the same just older version but you can always reflash to Kolimer's.

These cables fully support VW Golf 6 (5K).
    These cables support K2 with both jumpers (J1 and J5) removed).
    I can calculate ABS module codings for:
    * Continental/Teves MK60EC1 and MK60;
    * TRW systems in Passat B6 / B7 / CC /Tiguan;
    * MK100
    ;
    * Bosch ABS8.2, ABS9.0 and ESP8.2, ESP9.0;
    * EBC 460 (UP!, Mii, Rapid, CitiGo, Fabia, Toledo, etc) New!
    ... and other VW/Audi/Seat/Skoda modules.I can assist with repairing \/CDS interfaces.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to hid3 For This Useful Post:

lemta (14th March, 2018)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Even cheaper version of the cable you refer to:
    http://www.obd2cartool.com/vagcom-16...version-p-1266

Basically it's the same just older version but you can always reflash to Kolimer's.

These cables fully support VW Golf 6 (5K).
    These cables support K2 with both jumpers (J1 and J5) removed).
    Thank you so much for the quick reply. The older version interface has any difference to the one I linked e.g. slightly slower hardware etc.?

Also if I remove the jumpers J1 and J5 would that cause some other protocol to be disabled or something else retricted? If it doesn't affect other functions then why do they ship it with the jumpers on?

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    379 Posts

Hardware is identical.

As far as we have tested, removing J1 and J5 jumpers doesn't have any side effects.
    If you are still worried, try lokking at the "HEX-V2" on the same size. Now it's cheaper price, doesn't have any jumpers, CAN controller is a bit faster and the interface if quite lightweight with a detachable "printer" cable... I have one laying around.
    * MK100
    ;
    ... and other VW/Audi/Seat/Skoda modules.I can assist with repairing \/CDS interfaces.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to hid3 For This Useful Post:

lemta (14th March, 2018)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I bought a Hex-V2 interface from Aliexpress but unfortunately it has some problems such as autoscan not completing - most of the time scan ends half way through. When I opened it up the hardware inside are nothing like any of the V2 hardware posted on here.

Although if I manually connect to a module it connects most of the time. Very weird interface. Here is the interface I bought: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Supp...ceBeautifyAB=0

Also when the interface is just plugged into laptop (not car) the LEDs are red.

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    379 Posts

That's crappy interface. Request a refund ASAP. A friend of mine also bought the same shit because he was very mean. They refunded him and he didn't need to ship it back so zero expenses.
    * MK100
    ;

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

That's crappy interface. Request a refund ASAP. A friend of mine also bought the same shit because he was very mean. They refunded him and he didn't need to ship it back so zero expenses.
    Thanks, yes I have already asked for refund lets see what happens.

Just out of interest, you mentioned that you have the Hex-V2 lying around - just wondering why you don't use it as your primary tool as it's faster? Is there something that is making you use the older interface? Personally I hate the fact the V2 is detachable - that's one more thing to break!

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    379 Posts

The "HEX-V2" is not for me. A friend asked me to order it and prepare for his use. So in fact this interface is not mine, I have opportunity to play for a few days with it.

The cable is detachable but there is a screw which you can secure. Once you secure, it becomes tight and robust. Worst case scenario, if the cable breaks, you can install a printer cable as a quick replacement.

Besides, that "HEX-V2" is not that big as it looks in the photos. It is just a little bit longer than the "classic" one. In fact, with the cable attached, it occupies even less space than the classic interface with the "flex-bend" cable end on it.
    * MK100
    ;

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I am really split and can't decide which one to go for having already had a bad experience with an interface.

1. Classic version 17.8.1 = $27.99
    2. Hex-V2 = $37.99
    3. Classic Online updateable = $53

I'm not looking to program the interface as soldering would be a bit too fiddly for me especially on such a small circuit board. Anyone have any experience of the 3rd(updateable) interface or any other advice? Is the hardware on the 3rd interface identical to the Ross-Tech interface which is why it allows updates? I wonder how long it would last before the interface gets blacklisted...hmm...

EDIT: Also there are interfaces that run official software and ones running cracked software. Which is better?
    Last edited by lemta; 14th March, 2018 at 11:52 PM.

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    123 Posts

Not tested yet V2 with Atmega. Will have one soon. A friend told me is ok, a little faster in Autoscan. My friend's "problem" is only one of two leds is in fact "RGB" LED and light like a rainbow.
    About PCBs with "AES" versus the same HQ PCB without AES: regulator from "PCB-AES" is very hot. Not because of AES. I think chineses from a generation of PCB to another decrease the quality of components. Because of bad quality of regulator, it work on "full power" (maybe that regulator is not made for 1A, but only 300mA. For economy. And, because of the same bad quality of the rest of components, the consumption rise.
    V5 "first generation" was very well. Even it was with 7805 instead of 2940S, the regulator was cold.

The most bad quality components used is FT232RL. Very much messages "Interface not found". Disconect from car, from USB, reconect and comunication is OK.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to liviudiaconu For This Useful Post:

lemta (15th March, 2018)

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    379 Posts

1A of current? Holy crap, no wonder it gets hot.

lemta, if it makes you happy you can find even identitcal hardware to R0$$-Tech's ("Proudly made in the USA"). That way you'd be sure you have absolutely right thing. Someone has bought such interface on Aliexpress, there was a post here, just do a search
    IMG_20180114_153632.jpgIMG_20180114_153713.jpg

Here it is: http://www.obd2tuning.com/vcds-kabel...at-p-2749.html
    Last edited by hid3; 15th March, 2018 at 09:08 AM.
    * MK100
    ;

18. The Following User Says Thank You to hid3 For This Useful Post:

lemta (15th March, 2018)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by liviudiaconu View Post
    Not tested yet V2 with Atmega. Will have one soon. A friend told me is ok, a little faster in Autoscan. My friend's "problem" is only one of two leds is in fact "RGB" LED and light like a rainbow.
    About PCBs with "AES" versus the same HQ PCB without AES: regulator from "PCB-AES" is very hot. Not because of AES. I think chineses from a generation of PCB to another decrease the quality of components. Because of bad quality of regulator, it work on "full power" (maybe that regulator is not made for 1A, but only 300mA. For economy. And, because of the same bad quality of the rest of components, the consumption rise.
    V5 "first generation" was very well. Even it was with 7805 instead of 2940S, the regulator was cold.

The most bad quality components used is FT232RL. Very much messages "Interface not found". Disconect from car, from USB, reconect and comunication is OK.

So is the FT232RQ chip better than RL?

@hid3 I will look into that interface, thanks. Is that website trustworthy as I never heard of it before?
    Last edited by lemta; 15th March, 2018 at 03:57 PM.