Register
Page 426 of 847 FirstFirst ... 326376416421422423424425426427428429430431436476526 ... LastLast
Results 6,376 to 6,390 of 12705

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dj2d View Post
    There is a commercial loader?
    Do you know where I can buy it? When I do adaptations on customers cars I would prefer that it looks like the original one if it's possible, if I can buy a commercial version I would
    If we are talking about the cable, we just need to find a shop that seels the empty case and it surely doesn't cost more than 10 bucks. It would be perfect if obdcartool would use vcds cases instead of the universal ones.. even bad cables have these original looking cases.
    But because of the "got bless kolimer"-splash, I wouldn't mind.
    Last edited by peetr; 1st June, 2018 at 10:24 AM.

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    379 Posts

Obd2CarTool sells a quality cable for less than $25 with free worldwide shipping included. You want it even cheaper? Come on guys, let's get real... Most of you own workshops and the entire interface pays off upon the first customer's bill just for clearing the faults.

If you want the Obd2CarTool's Hex-V2 case look more realistic, I think there is a hack.
    Order cheap chinese interface which comes with original looking case. Right away raise a case that the interface doesn't work (in fat, in reality it doesn't) - they should refund.
    Then swap the cases and you are done.
    I can calculate ABS module codings for:
    * Continental/Teves MK60EC1 and MK60;
    * TRW systems in Passat B6 / B7 / CC /Tiguan;
    * MK100
    ;
    * Bosch ABS8.2, ABS9.0 and ESP8.2, ESP9.0;
    * EBC 460 (UP!, Mii, Rapid, CitiGo, Fabia, Toledo, etc) New!
    ... and other VW/Audi/Seat/Skoda modules.I can assist with repairing \/CDS interfaces.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

No no, you misunderstood me. I'm totally happy and I don't want anything more or even cheaper. I'm happy with what we get and I'm on your opinion.
    I just tried to say the same thing to dj2d.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Empirey View Post
    OK, thank you very much. I will try this.
    Hi guys. I tried what you said. The problem was that when I update the firmware the laptop shutdown..(OMG) and now when I plug the interface at my car at 12v the led is continuously red, can't detect the HW version also. I powered with usbasp at 5v and also here the led is continously red. What can I do now to have it again green ? It's still good the interface? Thank you a lot guys.

Top Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Empirey View Post
    What can I do now to have it again green ?
    Try to reflash the atmega162 with USBASP (flash and eeprom) and connect your laptop to mains power!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by networkers View Post
    Try to reflash the atmega162 with USBASP (flash and eeprom) and connect your laptop to mains power!
    p1.jpg

I tried but the led is not becoming green and I can't do something. When I press erase or flash in progisp is saying chip enable program error and led is flashing once and it is remaining red, like in the picture... what to do...?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

Did you try to power everything off and on again? If yes and progisp still isn't recognizing the atmega you might be really really unlucky and the clock fuses of the atmega are set wrong and it's relying on a external clock. In this case, you need to give the atmega a external clock signal in order to be able to set them right.. and you probably don't have the right tools to generate a 8MHz signal.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by peetr View Post
    Did you try to power everything off and on again? If yes and progisp still isn't recognizing the atmega you might be really really unlucky and the clock fuses of the atmega are set wrong and it's relying on a external clock. In this case, you need to give the atmega a external clock signal in order to be able to set them right.. and you probably don't have the right tools to generate a 8MHz signal.
    Oh..I'm ~~~~ed ..and only this because my god damn it laptop remained in 2 minutes without battery even it was full charged... Thanks a lot for your time

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hello,

I was reading, searching for a solution in this thread but cannot find it. I have old clone interface 10.6.
    ATMEGA 162, MCP2515, R232BL.

First I tried version 17.8.1 - via usb I flashed cable - EEwrite, after that I checked version with HWType and it was 1.95. I start loader and after test it wants to update firmware. Firmware updated successfully, tested it again and no interface found.

Secondly I used usbasp programmer and flashed it. In HWType it is FW 1.96, but when test it, there was error no interface found.

At the last attempt I clicked on load flash inside Progisp (I loaded project) and from kolimer zip folder chose flash 1.96_hw:0x44.hex. After that I get in the program the next message: port status: ok, interface: found, status: failed safe test.

I used Mprog 3.5 as well. If i think correctly the problem now is in GAL chip? I read somewhere that it can be rewired, maybe anyone have a picture how to do it?

Thank you!

self test.JPGIMG_0613.JPGIMG_0614.JPGIMG_0615.JPG

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    77 Posts

If you manage to flash via usb, do it that way and when he ask to update firm. , click Update. It is ok to update firmware. See Info pdf.

L.e. If not working this way, try again by usbasp, pay attention to fuse/lock bits
    Last edited by alexm1; 2nd June, 2018 at 06:22 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Alex thank you. Via usb flash and then updating fw in program I always get error: no interface found. The only progress was when I opened project in Progisp and additionally load flash: 1.96. After this I'm getting error from previous mail - self test failed.

Fuse/lock bits are set as in info.pdf.

fuse&lock.JPG

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    77 Posts

If you choose x46 dump, try with x44 or viceversa.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

[QUOTE=zaloales;3297123]Hello,

maybe anyone have a picture how to do it?

Thank you!

/QUOTE]

GAL removing
    Attached Images Attached Images

14. The Following User Says Thank You to vaicekas For This Useful Post:

zaloales (3rd June, 2018)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

I don't know if we can remove the GAL, because it's surely not only passing through signals, but maybe doing some important logic.

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    123 Posts

After a person upload (few years ago) a method for replace GAL with 3 wires, chineses "developed" a PCB without GAL. A bad PCB. So...

That "logic area" have his importance.
    Especialy for few adaptations. At first side is usefull for Kline cars. But..remember, Tx of FTDI passed by GAL..so...
    Last edited by liviudiaconu; 3rd June, 2018 at 06:29 PM.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to liviudiaconu For This Useful Post:

Domi (12th June, 2018), peetr (3rd June, 2018)