Register
Page 242 of 849 FirstFirst ... 142192232237238239240241242243244245246247252292342742 ... LastLast
Results 3,616 to 3,630 of 12724
    DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    123 Posts

Attn: If you chose to make yourself a GAL programmer, when make tests for programming GAL/ATF, buy few chips for test, they are very sensitive and can damage very easy. After your tests are succesfuly for few chips, you can programm your GAL.
    I tred make myself 2 or 3 programmers for GAL but..none with good results, so, i bought Genius 540.
    Last edited by liviudiaconu; 4th February, 2013 at 09:01 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Thank you all for your suggestions. That sounds like a lot of trouble for just one cable.

I guess I'll just stick to the BL cable :P

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    123 Posts

I don't tell you "don't make". If you want, can make programmer, but i told you what is possible to happen...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by liviudiaconu View Post
    I don't tell you "don't make". If you want, can make programmer, but i told you what is possible to happen...
    I know, and I appreciate your advice, that's why I gave up. The effort plus the possibility of anything going wrong is too much versus the low benefit.

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    112 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Carlos_ View Post
    I know, and I appreciate your advice, that's why I gave up. The effort plus the possibility of anything going wrong is too much versus the low benefit.
    Carlos mate no offence but where that words:
    "But in my case, this is an hobby for me, not a business. So I'd rather make an homemade cable to save money and to practice my soldering skills"
    Where's the adventure, where is the pleasure to make something with your hands?
    Or I don't get it well the simnification of word HOBBY?
    When you talking about HOBBY there's no "too much", there's no effort" there's "no benefit" There's just Hobby, passion and proud that you do something by yourself. Noone need to kiss your ass, there's just proud for yourself
    Good luck

P.S> take my frined liviu advise becasue a pro solution it is allways better then a home made one when a Genius G540 not cost a lot on ebay and it is doing it's job very well

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by mattydr67 View Post
    Carlos mate no offence but where that words:
    "But in my case, this is an hobby for me, not a business. So I'd rather make an homemade cable to save money and to practice my soldering skills"
    Where's the adventure, where is the pleasure to make something with your hands?
    Or I don't get it well the simnification of word HOBBY?
    When you talking about HOBBY there's no "too much", there's no effort" there's "no benefit" There's just Hobby, passion and proud that you do something by yourself. Noone need to kiss your ass, there's just proud for yourself
    Good luck

P.S> take my frined liviu advise becasue a pro solution it is allways better then a home made one when a Genius G540 not cost a lot on ebay and it is doing it's job very well
    Ok, I'll be honest with you. I'm ashamed to admit it but when I tried to follow those schematics of removing that chip and another components, something (not sure what) went wrong and I've killed the cable...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

I have got a small problem with VCDS beta 912. I had problem with this device - It has been recognised as USB<->serial. I have done some changes in driver (to have PID and VID exact same as in my recognised device). After that I started VCDS. It told me, my cable is crashed, so it can repair. I clicked on "OK". After repair, cable is visible for VCDS, but I have message "Interface status -2", when I try to connect. When I go to "about" in VCDS, I can see "unregistered/unauthorized". I am trying to flash it with mprog with dump from this thread:

http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums...3/#post1321492

But still "Unauthorized". Can you tell me how can I fix this interface ? Can I write any newer dump than 912 ?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by emes125 View Post
    I have got a small problem with VCDS beta 912. I had problem with this device - It has been recognised as USB<->serial. I have done some changes in driver (to have PID and VID exact same as in my recognised device). After that I started VCDS. It told me, my cable is crashed, so it can repair. I clicked on "OK". After repair, cable is visible for VCDS, but I have message "Interface status -2", when I try to connect. When I go to "about" in VCDS, I can see "unregistered/unauthorized". I am trying to flash it with mprog with dump from this thread:

http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums...3/#post1321492

But still "Unauthorized". Can you tell me how can I fix this interface ? Can I write any newer dump than 912 ?
    The mprog only reflashes the FTDI chip, wich is nothing more than a USB - Serial converter. Ant that's the first step.
    Secondly, I'll need to reflash ATMEGA as well. If you use the latest dump available on this thread, you can "turn" your cable into an 11.11.0

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Thank you. Where can I find proper dump ?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Thank you. Where can I find proper dump ?
    Here http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums...ml#post1647476

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Unfortunately I have RL type. Can you show me which elements do I have to remove for flashing ?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Unfortunately I have RL type. Can you show me which elements do I have to remove for flashing ?
    Look for a post of mine on the previous page, I have there a picture.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Yes, I can see. Thank you. Is it possible to remove ATMEGA and GAL and program them in external programmer ?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Yes, I can see. Thank you. Is it possible to remove ATMEGA and GAL and program them in external programmer ?
    Yes, it is.

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    259 Posts

upsssssss
    I can help you but only if you want me to help you
    All the questions should start from what car, what year, what engine is what fuel. What are the symptoms of the problem. Only then is what you know, what fault code, live data, what you have done.