Register
Page 293 of 854 FirstFirst ... 193243283288289290291292293294295296297298303343393793 ... LastLast
Results 4,381 to 4,395 of 12803
    DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    123 Posts

If you recover the driver for VID_0000 PID_0000 to be recognized in FTProg or MProg, you can try to rewrite the .ept.

In your case i see that your FTDI is not recognized as FT232 (BL or RL).

Try to desolder external memory and see how is recognized FTDI.

If is recognized OK, solder a new memory and write correct .ept.

Post here photos with BOTH sides of PCB and with good resolution
    Last edited by liviudiaconu; 5th October, 2015 at 11:32 AM.

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by eliotroyano View Post
    I have trying to revive my FT232BL cable without luck. Here are my results after trying UDFixer, VidPidFixer, Mprog and FTProg.
    Attachment 334111Attachment 334112Attachment 334113Attachment 334114
    Some advice will be awesome.
    I pass some time past Sunday trying to revive this cable without luck. I take out 93C56 and found the dump I attach. It seems to me to be fine. 1 of 10 times it recognize cable and I got VID_0403 PID_FA20, 9 other times WinXP does not recognize it, it shows VID_0000 PID_0000. Inclusive MProg sends a message of FT incorrect handle. I am starting to suspect some hardware failure. Could be cable. I need to check. Also now every time I energize cable led is green all time. It doesn't start red and pass to green. I have erase and reprogram ATMega162 with previous good dumps several times. This is making me nuts.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by eliotroyano View Post
    I have trying to revive my FT232BL cable without luck. Here are my results after trying UDFixer, VidPidFixer, Mprog and FTProg.
    Attachment 334111Attachment 334112Attachment 334113Attachment 334114
    Some advice will be awesome.
    You need to change the driver to the current VID PID. Or else the cable won't be recognised

That is, open driver in text editor mode and add or change the driver details to the current VID and PID

VID:0000
    PID:0000

Sent from my LT30p using Tapatalk
    Last edited by KenshinPT; 5th October, 2015 at 01:33 PM.

Did it help? Push Thanks below

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by liviudiaconu View Post
    If you recover the driver for VID_0000 PID_0000 to be recognized in FTProg or MProg, you can try to rewrite the .ept.
    In your case i see that your FTDI is not recognized as FT232 (BL or RL).
    Try to desolder external memory and see how is recognized FTDI.
    If is recognized OK, solder a new memory and write correct .ept.
    Post here photos with BOTH sides of PCB and with good resolution
    Here are some pics of the interface. It is a FT232BL one. STC and related ICs was taken out. I desolder 93C56 and read it, finding the previous attached dump. I erase, reflash and solder again. Problem remains.
    Attached Images Attached Images

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by KenshinPT View Post
    You need to change the driver to the current VID PID. Or else the cable won't be recognised
    That is, open driver in text editor mode and add or change the driver details to the current VID and PID
    VID:0000
    PID:0000
    Sent from my LT30p using Tapatalk
    Hi KenshinPT I tryied it too. I try it modifing RT-USB.inf and inclusive FTDIport.inf for the related VID_0000 & PID_0000 and cable was not recognized neither. Some really sporadic times it is recognized as a HEX USB CABLE other it is not recognized at all. WinXP shows a yellow flag with VID_0000 & PID_0000 with an error like device can not be opened or connected. Win7 doesn't show any VID or PID at all. It only show DEVICE UNKNOWN.

I found some info around the net about this problem (if anyone needs more info about how to solve it),
    http://mhhauto.com/Thread-Help-to-recovery-Vag-Com
    https://ljck.org/unbrick_ftdi
    http://www.rei-labs.net/changing-ftdi-pid/
    http://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/f799...guide-1875023/
    but I don't have luck yet.

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    123 Posts

No need to read the 93C46/56
    Try to unsolder 93C46 and see if the VID_0403 PID_6001 appear. You need FTDI drivers. If not, USB cable or FT232B defective.
    If 403/6001 appear, replace 93C46 with another one and rewrite .ept.

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

No need to read the 93C46/56
    Try to unsolder 93C46 and see if the VID_0403 PID_6001 appear. You need FTDI drivers. If not, USB cable or FT232B defective.
    If 403/6001 appear, replace 93C46 with another one and rewrite .ept.
    Here is 93C56 dump. You can see VID & PID in dump. I am starting to think about a hardware problem. Could be USB cable. Some days ago, it was working without problems.

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    123 Posts

Replace USB cable and try. Is very possible to be in the plug the problem. Can use an USB Printer after cut the USB B plug.

Is not expansive, in my country 1.5-2.5 Euros.
    Attn: more time you have red, black as +/- and white and green as signal.
    BUT, rarely (chineses are "guilty") i saw few USB cables with another combination (b.e. red=signal). So, try to use an ohmmeter for identify the correct order.

And...for FT232Bx the PID is FA20.
    Last edited by liviudiaconu; 6th October, 2015 at 07:46 AM.

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

Replace USB cable and try. Is very possible to be in the plug the problem. Can use an USB Printer after cut the USB B plug.
    Is not expansive, in my country 1.5-2.5 Euros.
    Attn: more time you have red, black as +/- and white and green as signal.
    BUT, rarely (chineses are "guilty") i saw few USB cables with another combination (b.e. red=signal). So, try to use an ohmmeter for identify the correct order.
    And...for FT232Bx the PID is FA20.
    Well friends, I have checked USB cable and it is working good. I have checked continuity of cable and it is OK!!! Red, black, green and white wires are properly connected. I have changed 93C56 dump with one attached here that should be for a FT232BL cable. Situation is the same. Weird thing is that first time I connect cable it is recognized with an error but it is recognized. When I try to connect to it with MProg it sends FT incorrect handle message. After that I take out and reconnect it several times, without WinXP recognize it again. Maybe FT232BL or some component around it is bad.

A question, exist any way or software to determine if really FT232xx is good or not?
    Last edited by eliotroyano; 6th October, 2015 at 01:07 PM.

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

Searching I found this info about how to disable eeprom write of a FT232xx device. For the future it can help. You can find whole info at page 15 of this document --> http://www.ftdichip.com/Support/Docu..._AN_000073.pdf

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    123 Posts

What for that?
    If want to force FT232 to 6001 you must desolder 93c46 OR command erase from MProg.

I think FT232B is defective. But, before of that try to uninstall VCDS Driver (add remove programs RTUSB.,...blabla.). and use FTCLEAN ..FA20, FA24.

Restart and reinstall driver for FA20...

If not OK...rewrite atmega with a good dump. If NOT OK... replace FT232B.

For determine FT232 good or not...read on FTDI page, exist an app and an schematic for that, COM port is needed.

The app send and receive by a com port and a virtual one if FT232 respond OK.

I don't remember now what app is it. I am sure that exist, because i have somewhere the device home made by myself..
    Last edited by liviudiaconu; 6th October, 2015 at 07:21 PM.

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

What for that?
    If want to force FT232 to 6001 you must desolder 93c46 OR command erase from MProg.
    I think FT232B is defective. But, before of that try to uninstall VCDS Driver (add remove programs RTUSB.,...blabla.). and use FTCLEAN ..FA20, FA24.
    Restart and reinstall driver for FA20...
    If not OK...rewrite atmega with a good dump. If NOT OK... replace FT232B.
    For determine FT232 good or not...read on FTDI page, exist an app and an schematic for that, COM port is needed.
    The app send and receive by a com port and a virtual one if FT232 respond OK.
    I don't remember now what app is it. I am sure that exist, because i have somewhere the device home made by myself..
    Thanks a lot for your patience pals, I will follow these tips, to look what can be done. I have the same impression, FT232 is bad, because I can read-erase-write 93C56 without any problem. Any way I will do some more tests and I will comment you.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by computerservice View Post
    Hello mates, I'd kindly need your help: I have got a china cable v.12.10 with software 12.10.3 beta. It worked fine for a couple of years (always on my netbook with WindowsXp pro sp3 with wifi off + Avira AV always disabled and pc-time always set to April 1st,2013). Unfortunately, recently I have probably forgotten for some minutes my wifi on and now I always get the here attached error: "not plugged into car" warning message.
    I also first noticed before this warning an odd behaviour during vcds connection to the car: initially it started giving me for more than a couple of time a "failure to communicate" error but after some attempts it started working fine receiving data from the car (ECU) but now I always have the "not plugged into car" message.
    I have also to tell you that this cable since the beginning never did a complete auto-scan of my car modules but it worked by checking the individual modules... I do not know if this was also regular ?!?
    Please also note that when I now connect the cable to my VW car the led turns on (green color) but if I only connect the cable to the netbook the led is off (no red or green color) though the cable appears as "Ross-Tech direct usb interface" with driver version 2.8.14.0 on device manager, is it normal?
    Moreover, if I give a look to the its hardware properties, I found out the following:USB\VID_0403&PID_FA24&REV_0600
    When vcds was working fine and I used to try the test button, I always got back a message similar to this one I found on the internet and here as attached picture, stating that everything was good. Now it isn't!
    Any highly appreciated suggestion to fix and restore my cable?
    Many thanks in advance.
    Cheers..

PS: just FYI, I will also find here as attached images both sides of the PCB of my "china" cable.
    -----------------------
    Hello All,
    I have updated my cable with following version...
    1) ftdi232rl.ept
    2) vers 6 11.11.5-12.12.0_eeprom 512 rl.hex
    3) set security bits
    4) installed VCDS-Release-12.12.0-Installer English 512bits.exe
    Now, when I run VCDS 12.12.0 English and I simulate a connection giving Volts to the LM7805 into the vagcom cable ( no yet connected to my car VW 2006), the result is as below:
    Port status: OK
    Usb Library version: 03-01-19
    Usb driver version: 02-06-01
    Interface:found!
    Type: Ross-Tech HEX-USB+CAN
    Version:1.92
    Copyright 2011 by Hex Microsystem Pty & Ross-Tech, LLC
    K1:OK
    K2:OK
    CAN: Not ready

What about the "CAN: not ready"..it sounds not good and I know it has to be "CAN: OK" as well!

Any idea? What may be wrong now?

Thanks again mates for suggestions.
    Cheers..
    CoSe

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    77 Posts

CAN will be = OK when you make test on a car with CAN. I do not know if your car has CAN.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to alexm1 For This Useful Post:

computerservice (14th October, 2015)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Alex, I do not know if it is this way because when I bought it and did the test (without connecting it to the car, the CAN was OK, not need to connect to the car).
    I think it is something related to fuse and bits (security and configuration bits to be done by PonyProg2000).
    PS: my VW car has CAN (2006).