Register
Page 306 of 854 FirstFirst ... 206256296301302303304305306307308309310311316356406806 ... LastLast
Results 4,576 to 4,590 of 12803
    DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    77 Posts

Will be a solution to remove stc?

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    123 Posts

As-is, not. STC recover something but, too, it's presence is verified. Like a token. Another loader needed. And will work, even LC errors.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to liviudiaconu For This Useful Post:

alexm1 (27th September, 2016)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi guys, first real post (outside of the welcome bit), and I'm ashamed to say that I need help (that's likely already in this thread). I will point out that I've read what must be 90% of this thread and a lot of the discussion is either going over my head or I'm assuming it's not relevant, so I've likely missed something key, but would appreciate not simply being asked to search this thread, believe me, I have.

I've got a relatively old VCDS clone that shipped with 11.2.0 (labelled as 11.20) beta software, it had been working fine until I put it away before moving house. I can't recall if I've plugged it into a device with a different install of VCDS or if I made the mistake of letting my 11.2.0 beta talk to the interwebs, either way that matters little as my cable seems to be bricked.

Now it was showing as FFFFFFFF... in device manager, but using a bit of googling, this thread, and a bit of memory (I've experienced similar in the past, but many MANY moons ago) I've got the cable back to being seen as a "Ross-Tech HEX or KEY USB Interface" (using the pidvidfix and Mprog). Now I'm stuck with the Atmel/Atmega flashing. I "think" i have to use PonyProg along with the flash and EEPROM files for 11.2, but finding the right files appears to be tricky, as does finding the wiring diagram for use with the atmega162 and my parallel port (1st question, does it HAVE to be parallel, I don't have one on my XP laptop). Is there an easier way? Do I need to do any of the component removal as in the tutorial linked back on one of the early pages? What about the lock bits, what program do I use for checking/setting those?

My device appears to be an FTDI FT232BL based device, with an Atmel Atmega162, Atmel ATF16V8BQL and an MCP2515. I've attached images for reference, if it helps.

If anyone can point me in the right direction I'd be very appreciative. This is usually the kind of thing I can sort out with a bit of google-fu and 15-odd years in the IT industry along with a lot of hobbies that involve electronics, but alas I've failed this time.

Thanks guys
    Attached Images Attached Images

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    77 Posts

Instead of using parallel port prog. use USB ISP Programmer For ATMEL AVR ATMega - see ebay .
    Last free dumps 11.11.5 and 12.12.0 no Long coding.
    For a clear guide search for pdf file called Tutorial (at the first pages I think I saw it).
    l.e.
    http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums...d.php?p=765666
    Last edited by alexm1; 27th September, 2016 at 07:35 PM.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to alexm1 For This Useful Post:

paradigital (27th September, 2016)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi, with 11.2.0 mine had long-coding working fine. Am I going to have lost long-coding completely now, or if I re-flash with 11.2.0 will I get long-coding back?

Thanks

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    77 Posts

No, only for 12 12 0 LC is not working, for 11.11.5 will do just fine.

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    123 Posts

@paradigital: If "digging" will find a 11.11.5 dump working with 11.11.5 en OEM soft. Your's is with BM/BL, so, working.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by alexm1 View Post
    Instead of using parallel port prog. use USB ISP Programmer For ATMEL AVR ATMega - see ebay .
    Last free dumps 11.11.5 and 12.12.0 no Long coding.
    For a clear guide search for pdf file called Tutorial (at the first pages I think I saw it).
    l.e.
    http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums...d.php?p=765666
    Ok, so I've found the right USB programmer on ebay, but even with that and the Tutorial PDF, I can't work out which pin of the ATMega needs to go to which pin on the USB Programmer.

I take it the programmer is a USB>SERIAL adapter in essence, as the flat cable appears to be 10-pin (9-pin DB9 equivalent?).

What's the pinout from the programmer to the ATMega?

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    77 Posts

Come on man, use google
    "isp usb programer pinout" and you will find :

http://www.pocketmagic.net/cheap-avr-usb-programmer/

That' s easy....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hello all, can anybody point me in the direction of vag+can commander v2.5 download? I have 1.4 but it will not connect to me ecu which is edc 16. Many thanks

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    77 Posts

You will not find this answer in this thread...

14. The Following User Says Thank You to alexm1 For This Useful Post:

MarcusC (13th October, 2016)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hope you are the guys that can help me with my VCDS 10.6

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    77 Posts

Help? That s it? help with what? give more details, pictures screenshots..etc.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

'?hi guys,does anyone have some book of coding for vcds? or maybe someone knows where can I find it? thanks

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Need help vag com 6.07 repair ? ;)

Need help with my vag com 6.07 cable I am familiar with building old school avr lpt programming cables. For jtags etc. I have a blackcat usb jtag flasher. If this helps. I spent a few hours looking around here before posting. And we'll I can't find any pictures matched the cable I have. Mine has like 2 boards to it check photos? I think the atmega chip is under that second board. Also if your wondering how I did this well seems like everyone else ran a different version than it was made for. I have tried the revival Spanish software it fixed the cable to show up in the device manager as Ross tech hex-com but in Ross tech is won't connect to vehicle? Is there a way if I go threw all this to flash a newer version than 6.07 on it?

btw thank you guys in advance this is my second post since just joining btw.

i would prefer to fix it with a usb programmer or something? I can't figure out how did the vagcom software break the cable via no tools. But we need to solder and flash the atmega? If a update broke it via just running a file why can't we fix it by just running a file? I am like I said little bit experienced with these things and it does have a atmel chip and in my past experience if you jumper spots you should be able to have that chip go into a dfu programming mode anyway thank again!
    Attached Images Attached Images