Register
Page 454 of 854 FirstFirst ... 354404444449450451452453454455456457458459464504554 ... LastLast
Results 6,796 to 6,810 of 12803
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by alexm1 View Post
    Try 0x44 and should work fine.... hardware type is about connection betwen Atmega and ATF...it is not about what you see after reading...after you write with 0x44 will be ....0x44 , if you read again with HWtype.exe

LE. Read carefully info.pdf about hw type
    so I do not need a usbasp programmer for mine ?
    so I have to plug my interface into my laptop and in the car then I need to open VAGCOM_EEWRITELANG.EXE and click write or do I use the VAGCOM_EEWRITE.EXE to write?

sorry to be pain in the butt
    thanks again

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    77 Posts

First you should use USBASP. Now you have inside 0x46 dump, write 0x44 coresponding to your hardware and after you can write by usb if it is necessary to change language, new update etc.

Reflash ftdi by usb-mprog
    Use USBASP to write flash/eeprom , with proper lockbits.
    Clean your laptop from old software, driver..other residual files.
    Install 18.2 , do not run after install
    Copy vcdsloader to the instal folder, create new shorcut from the loader and Test.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to alexm1 For This Useful Post:

MacNB (7th October, 2018), pablobrsp (19th September, 2018)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by alexm1 View Post
    First you should use USBASP. Now you have inside 0x46 dump, write 0x44 coresponding to your hardware and after you can write by usb if it is necessary to change language, new update etc.

Reflash ftdi by usb-mprog
    Use USBASP to write flash/eeprom , with proper lockbits.
    Clean your laptop from old software, driver..other residual files.
    Install 18.2 , do not run after install
    Copy vcdsloader to the instal folder, create new shorcut from the loader and Test.
    Do I use the software that comes with USBASP and is usb-mprog a separate programmer or is it just software that can be used with USBASP? What is lockbits ? Is that in the folder and is v5 the latest version or better yet is there a step to step guide on how to do it? I know its a big ask

Sorry Alex for being a pain
    Last edited by romaiz; 20th September, 2018 at 12:46 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hadgee View Post
    Hi can you expand on this? . So you have changed crystals and this cured 'can:not ready' ?

Cheers
    Most times this error was due to faulty crystal 16 Mhz, sometimes was tja1050 or mcp25xx

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

usbasp with its software
    mprogis for ftdi
    read .pdf file carefully

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bibkare View Post
    Most times this error was due to faulty crystal 16 Mhz, sometimes was tja1050 or mcp25xx
    Thank you,

I'll have another look at my faulty cable

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Dears

First I apologize asking again, but my English is not good enough and after reading all the posts, I still have some doubts.

My main Idea is preparing a guide for newbies join all information as possible to update the cable version, including links and all stuffs. I notice this forum have all information, but not easy for someone who’s beginning .

By this way, I kindly request the answers below:

1. This is the Hardware (Atmega 162 / Atmel 740 / FTDI 1738-C, LM2940CS). When I plug the USB cable in computer (without connect in OBD Port) and try to read the HW version from VAGCOM_HWType.exe, the message is: NO RESPONSE. I have another cable V17.1 and it show the HW version and Firmware.

20180920_121104.jpg 20180920_121124.jpg

1. This is my AVR Programmer. I now the cables and how to connect in OBD Mainboard, but I read I must put 12v before the update. Which are these pinouts?

20180920_121237.jpg

1. Step by Step.:
      1. I Download the pack 6.3 to update. Inside there are many folders.
      2. Which one should I have to update first? (Progisp v1.72 or Projects TL866+Progisp) ?
      3. Does the language must be the last step?

2. Does the FTDI must be updated by M-PROG (I read the post above). Do I have to connect through USB port OR AVR Programmer?

Once again, thanks a lot for each post. As soon as possible I will share a good and newbie manual compiled all information at the same document.

Pablo

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by pablobrsp View Post
    Dears

First I apologize asking again, but my English is not good enough and after reading all the posts, I still have some doubts.

My main Idea is preparing a guide for newbies join all information as possible to update the cable version, including links and all stuffs. I notice this forum have all information, but not easy for someone who’s beginning .

By this way, I kindly request the answers below:

1. This is the Hardware (Atmega 162 / Atmel 740 / FTDI 1738-C, LM2940CS). When I plug the USB cable in computer (without connect in OBD Port) and try to read the HW version from VAGCOM_HWType.exe, the message is: NO RESPONSE. I have another cable V17.1 and it show the HW version and Firmware.

20180920_121104.jpg 20180920_121124.jpg

1. This is my AVR Programmer. I now the cables and how to connect in OBD Mainboard, but I read I must put 12v before the update. Which are these pinouts?

20180920_121237.jpg

1. Step by Step.:
      1. I Download the pack 6.3 to update. Inside there are many folders.
      2. Which one should I have to update first? (Progisp v1.72 or Projects TL866+Progisp) ?
      3. Does the language must be the last step?

2. Does the FTDI must be updated by M-PROG (I read the post above). Do I have to connect through USB port OR AVR Programmer?

Once again, thanks a lot for each post. As soon as possible I will share a good and newbie manual compiled all information at the same document.

Pablo
    1. cable connected to usb and obd........run VAGCOM_HWType.exe
    2.run VAGCOM_EEWriteLang........and report

10. The Following User Says Thank You to belkor For This Useful Post:

pablobrsp (20th September, 2018)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by belkor View Post
    usbasp with its software
    mprogis for ftdi
    read .pdf file carefully
    i think i understand it not after reading the pdf over and over again and also reading your guys help.
    so ive recieved my USBASP from ebay which came with a 10 pin to 6 pin connector so i couldnt connect to the pinout on the interface directly lucky enough when i bought my vag 178 it came with a fly lead(I think its called that) that goes on the pinout of the interface. so going by the pdf ive soldered the wires from the board to the USBASP adapter. I think all is good when I stick the programmer in the laptop the red light on the interface turns on. the problem I have now is progisp.exe cant detect the programmer. ive checked device manager and had to download the drivers from the seller on ebay.

i'll try to solve this issue in the mean time and let you guys know but if you have a quicker solution please let me know

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by romaiz View Post
    i think i understand it not after reading the pdf over and over again and also reading your guys help.
    so ive recieved my USBASP from ebay which came with a 10 pin to 6 pin connector so i couldnt connect to the pinout on the interface directly lucky enough when i bought my vag 178 it came with a fly lead(I think its called that) that goes on the pinout of the interface. so going by the pdf ive soldered the wires from the board to the USBASP adapter. I think all is good when I stick the programmer in the laptop the red light on the interface turns on. the problem I have now is progisp.exe cant detect the programmer. ive checked device manager and had to download the drivers from the seller on ebay.

i'll try to solve this issue in the mean time and let you guys know but if you have a quicker solution please let me know
    Same issue with no detect. Driver problems.

Sent from my Mi A1 using Tapatalk

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

drivers USBASP win8 win 10 x64bits
    Attached Files Attached Files

14. The Following User Says Thank You to belkor For This Useful Post:

pekelan (31st October, 2020)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The same of me. Try zadig-2.4.exe

http://zadig.akeo.ie/

Zadig is a Windows application that installs generic USB drivers, such as WinUSB, libusb-win32/libusb0.sys or libusbK, to help you access USB devices.
    It can be especially useful for cases where:

• you want to access a device using a libusb-based application
    • you want to upgrade a generic USB driver
    • you want to access a device using WinUSB

Note: "libusb-based" above means an application that uses either libusb, libusb-win32 or libusbK.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

...so going by the pdf ive soldered the wires from the board to the USBASP adapter. I think all is good when I stick the programmer in the laptop the red light on the interface turns on. the problem I have now is progisp.exe cant detect the programmer. ive checked device manager and had to download the drivers from the seller on ebay...

Do a double-triple-multi check of the wiring, it's important to be proper. When it's okay, than the LED on the diagnostic cable is first red, then approx.within 4-5 seconds, it should turn green continuously! But... Here is a quick step-by-step guide (inc. beautiful pictures ) to your interface. Setting up, programming, wiring, etc. If the grammar is $h!t, sorry for it
    And I also attached USBasp Driver (libusbK v3.0.7.0)
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Tib82; 20th September, 2018 at 10:40 PM.

17. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Tib82 For This Useful Post:

Fabio89 (24th September, 2018), hyde (28th August, 2019), IJskonijn (21st September, 2018), LostAngel (8th March, 2019), MacNB (7th October, 2018), pablobrsp (21st September, 2018), pekelan (31st October, 2020)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tib82 View Post

Do a double-triple-multi check of the wiring, it's important to be proper. When it's okay, than the LED on the diagnostic cable is first red, then approx.within 4-5 seconds, it should turn green continuously! But... Here is a quick step-by-step guide (inc. beautiful pictures ) to your interface. Setting up, programming, wiring, etc. If the grammar is $h!t, sorry for it
    And I also attached USBasp Driver (libusbK v3.0.7.0)
    Tib thanks for the drivers and guide got it all working but im just stuck on step 11 the program fuse number isn't changing for hw0x46 but it has the numbers set for hw0x44. ive checked and re-checked and its all right but it hasn't changed to the hw0x46 number shall I just continue anyways ?
    thanks again

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

First of all:
    Be sure about the selected HW type files. Somebody tells it's important to use the specific HW type files, others tell it's not a matter which. Ask an expert how it works and follow his/her instructions about it...

I checked the texts in PROGISP and only the "Boot Flash section size" what is different.

HW 0x44:

• Brown-out detection level at VCC=4.3 V; [BODLEVEL=100]
    • Serial program downloading (SPI) enabled; [SPIEN=0]
    • Boot Flash section size=256 words Boot start address=$1F00; [BOOTSZ=10]
    • Boot Reset vector Enabled (default address=$0000); [DOOTRST=0]
    • Ext. Crystal Osc.; Frequency 3.0-8.0 Mhz; Start-up time: 1K CK + 65 ms; [CKSEL =1101 SUT ...
    • Mode 3: Further Programming and verication disabled
    • Application Protection Mode 1: No lock on SPM and LPM in Application Section
    • Boot Loader Protection Mode 3: LPM and SPM probihited in Boot Loader Section

HW 0x46:

• Brown-out detection level at VCC=4.3 V; [BODLEVEL=100]
    • Serial program downloading (SPI) enabled; [SPIEN=0]
    • Boot Flash section size=512 words Boot start address=$1E00; [BOOTSZ=01]
    • Boot Reset vector Enabled (default address=$0000); [DOOTRST=0]
    • Ext. Crystal Osc.; Frequency 3.0-8.0 Mhz; Start-up time: 1K CK + 65 ms; [CKSEL =1101 SUT ...
    • Mode 3: Further Programming and verication disabled
    • Application Protection Mode 1: No lock on SPM and LPM in Application Section
    • Boot Loader Protection Mode 3: LPM and SPM probihited in Boot Loader Section

On the Fuse&Lock window try to rewrite the letters and press ENTER in the field what you modificated. If it not works, just tick mark the options one by one.
    Last edited by Tib82; 21st September, 2018 at 06:14 AM.