Register
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Post BMW 745i e65 Cluster Project

Hey guys!
    Has anyone managed to move the needles on these BMW 7 series E65 745i instrument cluster Outside the car, in a reverse engineering project.
    They are connected to a Canbus emulator attached to an Arduino board and receive the initialization messages, but I think I'm making a mistake somewhere, because I can't move the needles.
    and i have the red car icon on elevator on the central display.
    I can only turn the Dashboard on, signal left and right, set the RPM limit, light them and turn on the low beam headlights.
    I am also attaching a video in this regard, please if you can give me some advice, any help is welcome.

Thank you very much

Last edited by Doruceanu; 22nd December, 2022 at 09:47 AM.

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4,620 Posts

Last edited by brend; 12th June, 2023 at 07:55 PM.

NB!!! Don't ask in PM old file password , Im not remember.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by brend View Post
    For this need known saved can command from car .

Can hacker for help save from car can command packed .
    Or if you wonna move needle start jast dash test , that's it .
    I have a good part of the messages to initialize.
    But the needles don't go up, then I kept searching and found all kinds of information but not really what I need.
    I have captured messages found on the internet, but they are captured on the PT-Can bus, and I don't know how the messages are converted from PT-Can, which is responsible for sending messages from the engine and transmission to the Central Getaway Module (and loaded in ZGM Buffer) and through a certain method converts them to K-Can which communicates to Kombi (Cluster instrument)

The communication protocols are different between PT-Can and K-Can.
    PT-Can works on 500kbps
    K-Can works on 100kbps

1. So in the first phase I would be interested if anyone knows how the messages (Speed, Rpm, ABS) are converted from PT-Can to K-Can to be taken over by the Kombi/Instrument Cluster, if somehow it changes its ID and Date Frame.

2. or if someone has worked on a series 7 (2003-2007) and can tell me if somehow the Cluster instrument gets into a certain error, blocking by not receiving a specific message and which blocks the needles. otherwise being partially functional as seen in the Video attached to the post.

Thank you Guys