Register

Thread: Which Linux Box

Threaded View

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Morning all.

Just got a Skybox F5 and am so impresssed with it that my thoughts are heading to replace my Sly Plus HD box with a real system.

Having read through this section there appears to be a few candidates for the replacement. The Amiko Alien 2 appears to be a good system as well as a good price. The only thing I notice is that there does not appear to be Forum section for this machine. Is this because it is new or is it a subset of another machine?

I would appreciate the considered opinions of others as to the merits or otherwise of the various candidates. Price is a concern! Support is also a concern. The ability for the new box to duplicate the Sly box is essential (PVR etc), the wife is not a techie. The ability to have the "functionality" for the F5 is of course essential.

I am not a novice with computers, I am now quite expert on Linux servers etc or for that matter satellite, just stuck in the past! I still have my TM1000 somewhere! Got rid of my 1m dish way back when everything went black....

Also is it time to look at 19E or 13E? Is it worth it?

Any help appreciated.

Thanks

Jon
    Last edited by jonfear; 11th August, 2013 at 10:35 AM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to jonfear For This Useful Post:

intovertu (20th December, 2015)