Dear All,

I am dry of all this and got an installer to set me up with a motorised dish (I live in South London).

It was all going relatively smooth until I started playing with the settings of my receiver in the attempt of catching some channels from 40E Express AM1, which wasn't in the list of channels.

To cut a long story short, I decided to reset the box to factory settings so I would get in the list the 40E satellite carrying the Russian channels that I am looking for. Since this moment I have been in trouble and unfortunately reading the manual didn't help. The Technomate manual seems to give for granted that all users are experts as it explains what all the options in the menu do, but fails to explain what you should do. This is the reason why I am asking for help now.

I read the threads talking about setting up a motorised unit, but am now stuck. Here is a summary:

When I reset the box, I came to the realisation that the dish is misaligned. When I point a satellite, say Astra 28.2E or Hotbird 15E, the quality is about 60% but if I go to the Motorised Settings and (Diseqc Motor set to USALS) push the dish a little bit to the East by pressing the "Move Fine" buttons, the signal jumps to 97%. From what I know, since the USALS are a mathematical model, I need to centre one satellite and the others will all fall in the right place. Shame that there seems to be no way of memorising this position and if I either exit or press "go to", it goes back in the lower quality position.

So I read further and find that I should start from Thor 1.0W as this is the most aligned to my longitude. Done that, same thing. So I have experimented further and went back to Astra 28.2E, switched the Diseqc to 1.2, which allows saving the position. I moved the dish to get top notch signal and saved, then switched back to USALS. It worked at that moment but then I am now back to max 70% quality. This happened after I attempted to go to 40E and, having had no luck, I moved back to 28.2E.

If I go to the settings and press "Go to reference", which I believe is 0, and then go back to the menu and tune 28.2E, I have very poor signal but if I move to Hotbird 15E, I have top signal. It looks as if the USALS catch one satellite but not the other... and I would like more satellites.

In simple words, after many hours trying hard I have exhausted all my logical conclusions and need some expert advice but the guy who installed the dish just ignores my calls. I would be grateful if anyone could help me. I believe that my dish is installed ok-ish, and if I can successfully centre one satellite, then the rest will work.

These are my systems settings (the ones I think may be important):

- Software Version: 1.16 (24 Aug 2009)
- Hardware Version: 1.10
- Boot Version: 2.01
- CH Version: Feb 09

- Position Setting: 0.00W / 51.0N

Can anyone help me?

Thanks.