Register

Threaded View

Top Poster +

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Default Ford SRS Unit - What chip is this?

Hi everyone. I am trying to teach myself chip programming by practicing on some bad airbag modules. There isn't a lot of information or manuals out there on chip types and actually reading the chips, so I am trying to learn by practicing.

I have this module from a 2002 Ford F-150 Pickup, and I can't figure out what kind of chip it is. The connector looks like it could be a bosch, but it does not say bosch anywhere.

There are three chips. I can't find any datasheets for them.

One is Infineon
    71001FAR001
    a2c18576
    V1-3 F1

The second has the mark of Texas Instruments and these numbers:
    760027clc009
    980 s1F35034PG
    F20-31A0L6W

The third just has numbers:
    71025ae3

From my research I have learned that you can read some ford bosch units through the k-line, but this connector has no pins where the k-line seems to be normally found (from pictures I found in other posts).

I understand that maybe these can be reset using ford IDS/VCM, but again, I am trying to learn. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I am attaching photos of the connector and board.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by lawdog1; 4th October, 2010 at 08:47 PM. Reason: error in numbers