Register

Threaded View

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Default Couple of easy steps to stream your VU+ to any PC

Ok VU+ in a few easy steps to stream to your PC, I'm using an iMac i7.
    Open up the web browser control panel on your PC, you will find this by opening the menu on the VU+ and going into network settings, it will be something like this, 192.168.0.9, now insert that into the address bar of your chosen browser.
    It will now open the web control panel, to the far right of the panel you will see a little TV, right click on it and copy the URL it gives you, should be something like this,
    http://192.168.0.9/web/stream.m3u?re...3A0%3A0%3A0%3A
    Now open up VLC player, go to file---open network, in the url section input the above address, now press open.
    You should now be streaming full HD or SD from your VU+ duo to your PC, I'm using a pair of comtrend home plugs, a netgear router and an iMac i7, pic quality is 10/10, no lag on either HD or SD channels.
    And as it has twin tuners I can watch one channel and the wife can watch another no probs.
    Added some screen dump pics to let you see, any questions just ask.
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dell_xps For This Useful Post:

grogking (12th September, 2013), jimbhoy72 (7th September, 2016)