Register

Threaded View

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Default DM500HD Ferrari sim possibly bricked.

I bought a new esata hard drive for use with my DM500HD. However it wasn't working at all with my Merlin 3 image. So I decided to flash a different image. I searched for 'DM500HD ferrari sim images' and downloaded one called Nemesis2-6-dm500-SVN-190r0-ramiMAHER

So I flashed that using the browser method, however the box didn't boot, green light stays on, and it wont let me flash using the browser method again. So I came across a guide on how to recover over the network using Dreamup and a mini usb cable connected.

So I followed this guide using Dreamup V1.3.3.7 as thats the only one that would get pass 'Waiting for acknowledgment'.

I tried using the IP address of the dreambox the last time I flashed it which was the next ip up from my pc ip address. But it seems now that no matter what ip address I put in for the dreambox, dreamup runs 'uploading flashloader' and then 'initiating HTTP mode'. It then allows me to press flash and choose an image to flash but it then displays 'calculating checksum' and gets stuck there. I've also tried logging into the box via the browser once HTTP mode is initiated but the browser times out.

I ran a command to check what devices were connected to my computer but I don't see the dreambox IP anywhere, and I've tried pinging various addresses to find the box with no luck. Picture attached of the command prompt.
    network.jpg

How can I find the IP address of the box? Or does it even have one?

Has anyone got any ideas or can help me out in any way, it would be very much appreciated as I'm really stuck and don't know what else to do

If I can't fix it, I will have to send it away for repair, anybody know any repair services in Ireland/UK
    Last edited by davidom2513; 7th July, 2013 at 01:51 PM.