Have an interesting case here. The patient is Citroen DS3, my2011, 1.6 THP. After minor frontal "crash" (only plastic bumper was replaced), ESP check light turned ON, fault code C1136 (steering angle sensor inconsistency - permanent). The ESP light was triggered 10-15 kilometers after the accident, or so the customer claims. What is strange is that sensor is working 100% correctly as if it wouldn't, the electric power steering system would also fail. All sensor readings are normal and even recalibration with Diagbox does not help, the fault code from the ESP unit just cannot be cleared. I also tried to update the software with Diagbox (I have paid the subscription), but it is reporting error 413 (which I don't know what it means and the Citroen guys don't bother to explain via e-mail).

The ESP is ATE mk60. These usually have external EEPROM (25040 or something), but I don't know what it serves for. Is there only the configuration, or are there also fault codes? Is was wondering if clearing the fault directly from EEPROM would do the trick.