Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Post twist and shout

Quote Originally Posted by bayernfc View Post
    outstanding guide, great info thx

on my currant setup for astra sly/freesat my LNB is sqewed to the left as u look at it, does the LNB on a motorised setup have to be setup straight??
    plz excuse the noob question
    On a motorized setup you set the lnb for no skew.The motor action does the skewing for you.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

thx m8 appreciate u clearing that q up 4 me :-)

just gotta get the ladder out n check the plumb of my existing mounting pole, then the real fun can begine, allgood guys thx :-)
    Iron horse, born to lose, live to win!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Motorised dish

Quote Originally Posted by krazylegz View Post
    sorted mate thanks for poitning that out
    How about doing a C band motorised? Can anyone suggest?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

hi guys, think i set my set up ok but not getting anything
    can sum kind soul plz tell me whats a good transponder on thor, i dont seem to have the one used in the screen shot on the first page. thx
    Iron horse, born to lose, live to win!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Try 12723 / Horizontal / 27500 / 3/4

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

hi mate i have i m dish motorised and openbox s9 hd and i get tring for footy sky italia aljazeria hotbird i get them all mate

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

i know that this might sound like a daft question
    But how dose the Motor get powered - do you have to set up a seperate power lead or is it powered through the Satalite cable

Thanks in advance

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by nsw9154 View Post
    i know that this might sound like a daft question
    But how dose the Motor get powered - do you have to set up a seperate power lead or is it powered through the Satalite cable

Thanks in advance

Your box will supply the power when connected to the motor through the satellite cable.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Thank you vorlon

the reason that i asked is that my sky 60cm quad dish moved in the heavy january winds and it has moved my dish slightly and now i have lost some of my chanels on my BLADE COMBO but i can scan other satalites like
    26.0E BADR 34
    23.5E ASTRA 1D3A
    19.2E ASTRA 1
    13.0E HOTBIRD
    4.8E SIRIUS 2/3

and i can get my sky sports chanels that i lost from 28.2E ASTRA/Eurobird

that glitch and freezed but not all the chanels that i lost

i can not get up to put the sat dish right because i can not climb laders but i have found a sat instaler in South Sheilds that will fit a 80cm motorised dish for ?160
    my dish is on my front south facing wall but my blade is at the back of the house but i have a free sat in the front room so if i get the sat installer to fit the dish in the front room

would i be able to extend my lead from the sky dish to the motorised dish with a extension cable or would the connecter upset the signal as i do not want to re rout my sat cable as it goes through the fromt bedroom wall, along the top landing, down the staircase -- along a long passage way then in to my back room - i used top quality cable when i first set it up

sorry for the long winded question but i wanted to be as exact as i could

Thanks in Advance

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts

As your 60cm Sky Dish is of out of alignment there would be no point in doing what you want to do.

You would be better asking (nicely) the installer if he would realign the 60cm for you and using that for freesat.

Your new 80cm dish should pick up a hell of alot more channels once installed.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Found your motorised set up guide very helpful My satellite system - Humax 5400, STAB motor H100, 1m dish was set up quite a few years back. I get most satellites, those in the East and Hispatsat in West, also Thor at 1w. The motor is set at 54N lat and the dish elevation is 24 degrees. I noticed howvere that I can't get Atlantic Bird 3 at 5w which would be due south and at top of arc for my long (-5.6E). Should the dish elevation be at 22 degrees which I read from dish pointer for motorised systems. I was going to try and adjust it myself. Thanks for any info.

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    66 Posts

once dish elevation is correctly set for any sat it will be right for all the others the scales on dishes are not very accurate.if you are getting some satellites ok you should if on USALS get the rest,line of sight and proper alignment being ok.
    If you are using Diseqc 1.2 you may not just be hitting the location, try nudging the dish L/R with the boxes motor controls.
    11.591 V 20000 has some good strong french channels on it France 0/2/3/5.
    It may be worth considering a full refit if its been up a long time

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dick b View Post
    once dish elevation is correctly set for any sat it will be right for all the others the scales on dishes are not very accurate.if you are getting some satellites ok you should if on USALS get the rest,line of sight and proper alignment being ok.
    If you are using Diseqc 1.2 you may not just be hitting the location, try nudging the dish L/R with the boxes motor controls.
    11.591 V 20000 has some good strong french channels on it France 0/2/3/5.
    It may be worth considering a full refit if its been up a long time
    Thanks again for your tip. I discovered in fact that the channels I was using, downloaded from another website as part of motor settings for humax and identified as 5W channels, were not 5w channels. The France 2 coordinates provdied a strong signal on 5w (quality 90%) so I don't have to change anything. Hope this helps somebody else who may be trying to find a satellite with the wrong channels. Regards

V.I.P. Member
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    66 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by shadow007 View Post
    Thanks again for your tip. I discovered in fact that the channels I was using, downloaded from another website as part of motor settings for humax and identified as 5W channels, were not 5w channels. The France 2 coordinates provdied a strong signal on 5w (quality 90%) so I don't have to change anything. Hope this helps somebody else who may be trying to find a satellite with the wrong channels. Regards
    glad your sorted but just to let you know several satellites have had name change and the old Atlantic Bird 3 is now Eutelsat 5 West A

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Good guide.
    Had my technomate 2300 setup for more than 2 years, never needed anything but, 28 and 13e. Tried to scan 4.8e and nothing.
    I've allighned to thor nicely, i can find 13e and 19 e and 28e, but not 4.5 e.
    Using usuals.
    thanks.
    PS. had same dish, just fixed set up on 4.8 e before, so there is nothing on its way.

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast