Register

Threaded View

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Injectors Flow Correction Readings

Hi guys and gals, first post here,

One of my two Meganes is a 2007 1.5dci Privilege acquired a few months ago but not driven yet as it was showing an intermittent problem with injection.
    That now appears to be sorted after several routine maintenance jobs and repairs done including a suspected faulty engine wiring loom.

However as I restarted the car, (being an old dog of Vintage Racing Porsche Developer and driver who knows nothing about modern stuff) I immediately picked up what I would call an unsettled engine between 1000 & 2000 Revs.

It certainly inconspicuously rumbles and vibrates at 1700/1800 and sometimes also at 1200, just like a mechanically internally unbalanced engine, however something in my mind seems to always point at a poor mixture in that range.

So, having already done a compression test, I checked the injectors fuel correction values against engine speed but, not been experienced on these more modern technologies (we used to run all our 911s on Bosch Mechanical Inj.) I can make little sense out of the readings.

I thought that perhaps someone here might be able to throw some light on the subject so I have posted the test results.
    For a start, they don?t seem to vary at all after 1000 RPM by sticking at values around 1 steadily ?. ?. is that right ? or Im I getting false readings here ?

While running the test i would have sworn having seen some light greyish-colour smoke, smelling like kerosene ?? possibly a rich mixture ?

Tomorrow I will also check for injectors coding (forgot it today).

I have not had the car on the road for a blast to clear the system as yet cause I didn?t want to pay for a second insurance until this is sorted but perhaps I should have done.

Any comment or suggestion is very much appreciated.

Thanks to all
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by logic28; 22nd April, 2016 at 10:54 PM. Reason: image size