Register

Threaded View

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Default Carprog v.9.31 failing to connect to Opel ECUs

Hey all, I recently bought Carprog v9.31 and seem to having some trouble getting it to connect to any vauxhall/opel ecu. I am wanting to connect to a 2003 Opel Corsa C Z10XE Bosch ME 1.5.5 and also an Opel Astra H Z14XEP Bosch ME 7.6.1/2 using the A1 adapter. I get "No response from ECU" every time. Not sure if this process needs to be carried out via obd or benched.

As my carprog version is a clone afaik. sn 081105CAR0017731. I expected there to be a few teething problems but I am fully prepared to carry out any fixes/repairs or modifications necessary to rectify this issue (if it's possible).

I have been doing some exhaustive research on multiple sites/forums such as this one & a few others of similar content. I've learned that there are a few modifications to both the carprog main unit and the A1 adapter that could/should be carried out but I am somewhat confused on which mods I should carry out.

I'm attempting to find the security pin from the Corsa C which I understand is stored in the eprom within the instrument cluster (no car pass available obviously) and also I need to read the pin from the Astra H to be able to replace the current ECU with a replacement via resetting & programming via Opcom. I have tried using Opcom to read the pin on the Corsa but to no avail. I understand that Opcom with the FW1.39 is supposedly capable of this but mine is 1.45 & with it being a clone I'm not 100% positive it can be downgraded to 1.39 successfuly to work with 100219a software which is supposed to read the instrument in Corsa C.

If anyone can point me in the right direction I'd be eternally grateful.

I have found these on my internet travels:

http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums...el-hybrid-read (not sure if this is related to my issue)

http://www.filedropper.com/improtant...modifications1 (pdf file)

These are the pictures of my carprog board and A1 adapter respectively:

20161120_130602.jpg20161120_120650.jpg

Apologies for the extensive post but I wanted to include as much information as possible, thanks in advance!
    Last edited by Haed; 22nd November, 2016 at 04:41 PM.