Hi all,

I'm trying to get to the bottom of another problem on this vito of mine. The fan speed control does not seem to have any effect and the blower is constantly on at slow speed.

I thought I came to the conclusion that the fan switch is bad. The resistor pack failing usually means that the speed only operates on speed 5 but this is not the case. Just wondering if anyone has had similar issues and may be able to point in some diagnostic procedures!

Does anyone have resistance values of the heater resistor for checking? it seems to be between 0.7-2 ohms between pins there.

Also... the fan control switch, can I check its operation with a multimeter from the pins on the back? I don't seem to have a common earth on the pins to check for continuity there but if I prod the plate at the back it seems to behave?

When I pulled the board out I noticed that a Tuco branded relay may have issues one of the pins looks like its being getting rather hot and is black and oxidised. with "flash" marking around on the green PCB masking.