Register
Page 147 of 290 FirstFirst ... 4797137142143144145146147148149150151152157197247 ... LastLast
Results 2,191 to 2,205 of 4348

Thread: VVDI PROG

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    526 Posts

I tried using the search but couldn't get a satisfying result - where can one get/buy the PCF79xx EEPROM/EROM dump files?

Top Poster +

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    61 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by autoTkey View Post
    I tried using the search but couldn't get a satisfying result - where can one get/buy the PCF79xx EEPROM/EROM dump files?
    See attached link, they have a number of files for free download.
    Attached Files Attached Files

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to WRX 14 For This Useful Post:

autoTkey (12th April, 2018), BradyAus (20th October, 2018), tehnosoftex (18th April, 2018)

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    465 Posts

hi.
    porsche panamera 2016
    before read need remove components and cut track.
    after read need to restore track? because so little room ,solded not holding.

here i see its connected like not in ori diagram and crystal is removed
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-XtcioW8CaE
    Last edited by drugowaz; 11th April, 2018 at 06:05 AM.
    Renault ECU tool / IO terminal / A.S.W

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    657 Posts

Hello
    Any idea if vvdi prog can read Winbond 24Q64??
    What should I choose for reading?
    Thanks

Inviato dal mio HTC One utilizzando Tapatalk

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    657 Posts

Sorry 25Q64 WINBOND..
    Thanks

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    101 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by hipolitogt View Post
    @samic, any idea why clip adapter stopped working? Any way to fix it? With adapter works well, with clip not. Tried several brands and types (24c02, 95320, 95640...)

Enviado desde mi SM-N950F mediante Tapatalk
    I bought this clip thinking it could make my life easier because I wouldn't have to desolder and solder on cluster / ecu when I am doing a job on site. However it seems to be a waste of money. It never has read any chip successfully. I read many eeproms using the normal cheap clip from CHINA connected to the normal eeprom socket and it read 50% of the chips and writes.
    But the VVDI CLIP function with it's VVDI CLIP cable reads nothing and writes nothing. Mostly says NO CHIP. I tried cleaning pins and chip and whatever. VVDI clip not work, China clip read and write.
    I have tried different chips and the same thing. So if the china $3 clip does a better job why should users pay $50 for a PCB that doesn't work as it supposed to?

I wonder where is the problem? Hope SAMIC or other X-Horse guys got a solution.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by obeids View Post
    I bought this clip thinking it could make my life easier because I wouldn't have to desolder and solder on cluster / ecu when I am doing a job on site. However it seems to be a waste of money. It never has read any chip successfully. I read many eeproms using the normal cheap clip from CHINA connected to the normal eeprom socket and it read 50% of the chips and writes.
    But the VVDI CLIP function with it's VVDI CLIP cable reads nothing and writes nothing. Mostly says NO CHIP. I tried cleaning pins and chip and whatever. VVDI clip not work, China clip read and write.
    I have tried different chips and the same thing. So if the china $3 clip does a better job why should users pay $50 for a PCB that doesn't work as it supposed to?

Are you using the latest version software and selecting "clip" when reading?

Sent from my ASUS_X018D using Tapatalk

Top Poster +

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    61 Posts

I've never really had any problems using the clip adapter.
    Only need make sure pins are clean, make good contact and ensure when you select the chip that you click the option that specifies 'clip adapter' in the text.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    66 Posts

in my case clip almost always reads 95640 but never writes it

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    550 Posts

My first experince with the whole clip thing is around '99. Brand new original Pomona clip and i killed a notebook bios with it. I think those are the best things if you want a serious headache. Most eeprom contain unique data and you want to read/write with partially working stuff, just bcose avoiding 5 min soldering? It's nothing more just gambling
    Sir, are you classified as human? Negative, I am a meat popsicle

12. The Following User Says Thank You to jodge For This Useful Post:

sniegavirs (12th April, 2018)

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    186 Posts

Those who are so eager to read with clip just admit that you are too lazy with soldering...

Clip adapter should not be the main option when reading eeproms. For some cases it works and for most it doesn't!!! And using the clip you have to make sure there are realy good contact with chip. So STOP crying about it!

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sniegavirs For This Useful Post:

BradyAus (20th October, 2018), daxxer (12th April, 2018), Geza (27th April, 2018)

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    578 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by comizelu View Post
    Sorry 25Q64 WINBOND..
    Thanks
    currently not support this Flash chip 25Q64, we will add this one.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Samic For This Useful Post:

comizelu (12th April, 2018)

DK Veteran
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    720 Posts

Tried now mb90f349ras to read as mb90f349cas...got error chip not connected.
    Professional BMW immo solutions

Macedonia is one and GREEK!!!

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    578 Posts

Thanks for your feedback, as you said the mostly caused reason should be on connection.
    please try to use multimeter take a measure connection between chip PINs and clip.

DK Veteran

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    578 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Levanime View Post
    in my case clip almost always reads 95640 but never writes it
    read ok but cannot write, need to check the device hardware, should be hardware issue.
    you can PM me check your hardware in detail.