PDA

View Full Version : Rods real or imagined

firemouth
27th October, 2008, 05:14 PM
I've seen some really good work on this: Mysterious Rods (http://www.ufos-aliens.co.uk/cosmicrods.html)

but i am still no closer to finding out what they are, if indeed they do exist.
any ideas anyone.

cantona7
27th October, 2008, 05:49 PM
see a programme about these last week strangely enough.
never seen by the naked eye but thousands upon thousands of camera and film footage from all over the world.
some (experts??) believe they could be an organism that refracts the light like a chamelion and thats why we cannot normally see them
others think that they are like orbs and are from a more supernatural place
i'm not sure but with the amount they have photo'd/filmed they more than likely exist!!!!!!

spankmonkeywill
4th November, 2008, 08:29 PM
I have read a few things about this and its certainly a weird one. Cantona was right when stating about the capture on film. The thing is that so many people have recorded the same thing/shapes that unlike ufos (which seem to come in all weird shapes) seems to be constant. only now that we know what to look for are we seeing more and more ov them. There is a canyon in mexico (where else!) where they can capture them daily and have been done so by over 200 individuals, so its not if they exist, more ov a WTF are they. Some ov the larger ones (ones pictured about 1 mile long) just seems too bizarre:wink: to comprehend and may be a smaller object passing over a zoomed lense. But hey.... till one gets dissected we will never believe!

monty11
7th November, 2008, 07:50 PM
many worlds in one maybe or could just be some unexplained natural phenomenom that we have just seen with the advancement in technology

Raven
13th November, 2008, 01:54 AM
I must say I'm not sure what to make of it, as much as it could be something it could perhaps just as easily be a combination of light trickery and camera/film defects or blemishes.

As far as them being "living" I doubt it, if anything it's most probably just a environmental anomaly as opposed to a phenomenon of some sort. That's my take on it anyhow.

firemouth
14th November, 2008, 12:14 PM
many worlds in one maybe or could just be some unexplained natural phenomenom that we have just seen with the advancement in technology

one of the postulations about their origin is that they are interdenominational. which is hard to get your head around. one of the favourite theory's atm, is that the universe is split into 11 dimensions. and you are never more than 10,000th of an inch from another dimension.

pdevine999
15th November, 2008, 07:18 PM
insects + a phenomena generated by camera's = rods

Staf
23rd November, 2008, 08:42 PM
If there's a canyon in Mexico where they can be filmed daily. Why doesn't someone film them with a super-high speed camera? The fastest one i've heard of does 200 million frames per second. Now that piece of kit is definitely going to see what these things are with amazing clarity.

vmd1916
28th November, 2008, 03:53 PM
life would be boring if we had the answers to everything ,i hope there will always be things that stir my imagination and take my breath away now thats life .......il make an exception on understanding dream box set up..:party :

goronnie
29th November, 2008, 12:44 AM
Some reckon they are simply a charecteristic produced by certain lenses and hoe they refract light under certain conditions. It is suggested that this is why they are only captured on digital media/film (througha lens). Must admit, I keep an open mind.

goronnie
29th November, 2008, 12:50 AM
Some say they are merely the properties of lenses, under certain conditions, refracting light to 'produce' such a phenomina on film/digital recordingme dia. Lenses arn't perfect, in mass production, Personally, I am open minded.

firemouth
30th November, 2008, 01:18 PM
Some say they are merely the properties of lenses, under certain conditions, refracting light to 'produce' such a phenomina on film/digital recordingme dia. Lenses arn't perfect, in mass production, Personally, I am open minded.

i can confirm this explanation is utter crap! the properties of optical lenses have been known for close to 100 years now, and this is no "optical glitch".

dctyper
30th November, 2008, 02:26 PM
they said they have been filmed up in space aswell!!!!

pdevine999
30th November, 2008, 06:51 PM
HOT RODS: Fiction or Fact? (http://home.flash.net/~storyink/hotrods/hotrods.htm)

case closed for me , if people can simulate this exaclty than thats enough to satisfy me

fran blake
1st December, 2008, 03:57 PM
I've seen some really good work on this: Mysterious Rods (http://www.ufos-aliens.co.uk/cosmicrods.html)

but i am still no closer to finding out what they are, if indeed they do exist.
any ideas anyone.

There insects caught by the frame rate of video, as ive never seen any from cine footage.

:bootyshake:

firemouth
6th December, 2008, 10:52 AM
There insects caught by the frame rate of video, as ive never seen any from cine footage.

:bootyshake:

good try, but no cigar! though Wiki would have you believe this has been proved, it is no more proved than any other of the explanations.
Remember video sees things that film did not. if you point an IR control at a video camera you can see the light it emits. something that does not happen with film. so it ma be that the properties of video allow us to see these things.

using Wiki is fought with problems, foremost amongst them, is that anybody can write anything about anything there. it does not really make it true.

BalDEE
7th December, 2008, 06:03 AM
insects + a phenomena generated by camera's = rods

herd that also and got to agree:shot:

electro-man
1st June, 2010, 04:06 AM
Rods are a photographic anomaly produced by digital
capture speed of flying insects.:listen: