PDA

View Full Version : Nintendo DS lite R4 card.

cgscott
27th October, 2008, 05:32 PM
Just ordered a R4 card for the wee mans DS comes with a 2GB Micro card.

Can anyone give me some light on how reliable thse cards are for movies etc or should i have gone for a different card?

bigman2
27th October, 2008, 05:41 PM
I have had an R4 for over a year and never had a problem with it. I did try movies on it but was not too impressed. I prefer my psp for movies as playback on that is quite good.

For games it is one of the better cards. I have owned a DSTT, AceKard, Supercard and out of them the R4 and Supercard have been the most reliable. The DSTT did not work and was soon sent back. I never likes the GUI of the AceKard.

Just a small word of warning. The R4 has been out of production for a while so it might just be a clone.

cgscott
28th October, 2008, 02:30 PM
Thanks for the info mate.

its only for gaming really.

Just hope if its a clone it will work ok?

You think i'll have any problems?

zozz123
28th October, 2008, 02:52 PM
had one some time very good easy to use just get the file copy and p>>>

calisto
28th October, 2008, 05:54 PM
Have got an original & clone R4 & both work really well, just with the clone you need to put the software which should come on a cd with it

Lainie
28th October, 2008, 09:19 PM
i havent put movies on mine just games. works a treat

dmarsden
30th October, 2008, 01:56 PM
these work like a charm and can save you a lot of money - both my kids use them

mad1247
30th October, 2008, 03:31 PM
can you put movies on a tt card aswell?

cgscott
30th October, 2008, 05:05 PM
Card arrived today. No cd With it just instructions on where to download the firmware.

So dont really know if its a clone or not but i have yet to test it as i dont pick the wee man up till tommorow.

I will keep yous posted though.

Heres hoping all goes well.

cgscott
30th October, 2008, 05:06 PM
can you put movies on a tt card aswell?

As noted in a previous post you can watch movies on the card but seemingly it has a few glitches. There are other cards out there but as i said mines is mainly for gaming as it for my kid.

cgscott
1st November, 2008, 08:24 PM
Cards working great not bad for 17 quid.

Simple transfer to card as well so very happy with it.

yamar1
2nd November, 2008, 05:47 PM
im thinking of getting 2 for my 2 girls, dont know much about them, can anyone tell me more about them, where to get the games etc?

yamar1
2nd November, 2008, 05:48 PM
best place to buy, none on ebay so they must be naughty!

ticticboom
2nd November, 2008, 05:54 PM
just found about this site here never ordered but it sounds ok plus they have uk stock instead of having to get it from china .

PC Jerry - NDSTT, M3, N5, R4 and more for the NDS (http://www.pcjerry.co.uk/index.html)

father ted
2nd November, 2008, 06:11 PM
i just bought an m3 card,2 gig sd micro card, rumble bar,sd adapter ,usb pen driver for sd micro card to fit into from amazon 25 quid

Amazon.co.uk: M3 DS Real Rumble Pack for Nintendo DS / DS Lite includes 2GB MicroSD memory card, mobile, mobile accessories: PC & Video Games

cgscott
9th November, 2008, 09:15 PM
Cant post a link to the games mate but type nds-roms into google and you might find some info on them.

Also the r4 card is region free so it plays all format of games.

I have over 500 games now.

bigman2
9th November, 2008, 10:19 PM
Or type frozen roms into google.

Also to buy the cards, dealextreme is usually cheap. Do check the reviews and their forums as their have been problems with the DSTT.

ka004h9564
10th November, 2008, 11:51 PM
just found about this site here never ordered but it sounds ok plus they have uk stock instead of having to get it from china .

PC Jerry - NDSTT, M3, N5, R4 and more for the NDS (http://www.pcjerry.co.uk/index.html)

Hi all,get mine from here aswell (pc jerry),they come in a couple of days (no problems).
Ken

BabeGamer
2nd May, 2011, 11:46 PM
Only put on games, too, but I should try movies once.....Sounds like a plan :P

pandya
3rd May, 2011, 06:40 AM
The newer version of r4 card was named as "r4v2 card." R4 card was used since then but starting to fall behind in the good deal of compatibility. And as the result of it newer cards like r4 sdhc or r4i card are starting of being used for games. But still r4 card will be must for any Nintendo ds r4 user as it has become and essential component to enhance the device.