PDA

View Full Version : 3gs stuck on indefinite restore mode after blackra1n

srik1128
9th March, 2010, 10:29 AM
Hi

I have this 3gs 16gb on 3.1.2 and worked fine after i blackra1ned it until i try to reboot.

Unlike others

It stucks on recovery mode even if i try to run the blackra1n again n again- click make it rain - picture comes up for few secs - complete black screen n phone switches off automatic until i wakes it up.

i dont want to update to 3.1.3 on itunes rather try to keep the 3.1.2. I also tried to restore back to 3.1.2 from my hard disk but no help.

i bought this for my fiance on V day but sadly cant get out of this restore mode.

pls pls pls help me.

THANKS IN ADVANCE

captinkill
9th March, 2010, 05:44 PM
try putting the original softwear back on it or even down grade to the frist softwear u might have a currupt version of black ra1n

niceguy167
10th March, 2010, 02:13 AM
i agree with captain. I have had problems with 3.1.2 as well on some phones use itunes restore to 3.1.2 then try again.
Steven

srik1128
14th March, 2010, 01:58 PM
Hi
thanks for the reply but

I could not make it either way.
But it happened once while I kept pressing the home button repeatedly just after the blackra1n.
Now again the same story after accidentally rebooted.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks

smokey_jnr
23rd March, 2010, 05:57 PM
Hi
thanks for the reply but

I could not make it either way.
But it happened once while I kept pressing the home button repeatedly just after the blackra1n.
Now again the same story after accidentally rebooted.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks

you need to run this utility... i had the same problem...

iRecoveryWin32 - search for it in google.

1) Install libusb from the downloaded pack for Windows users only Mac users can skip this step. If you are on Windows Vista then follow the steps given below to install Libusb-Win32.

Right click on this file. Select Properties | Compatibility Click the ?Run this program in compatibility mode? box and select ?Windows XP (Service Pack2)? from the drop down list.

Right click again and select ?Run as ?Administrator?. Follow the installation instructions. Running the test program list the usb devices plugged into my computer ? but not my new device.

2) Start iRecovery in Terminal / Console with iRecovery -s

3) Execute the following commands:

setenv auto-boot true
saveenv
/exit
4) Reboot your iPhone (keep holding home + sleep for 10 seconds).

If you are still unsure what to do check this article for more step by step details

Recover iPhone 3GS from Apple Logo or Recovery Mode loop