PDA

View Full Version : Xprog M EWS adaptor

parapilot
9th March, 2010, 04:13 PM
Anyone got a EWS adaptor for xprog 4.5? (1-002-0007 in manual)

i did not get one with my set (clone). Do you need the adaptor, or can you read ews K line with direct contacts? Anyone done it, if so how do you connect?

Cheers
Jamie.

obdmaster
9th March, 2010, 04:24 PM

i did not get one with my set (clone). Do you need the adaptor, or can you read ews K line with direct contacts? Anyone done it, if so how do you connect?

Cheers
Jamie.

M8 dont think you need one go into connection diagram xprog-m rev. e
Think you need external 15vdc power supply though to programmer. I know my friend Eepromripper has done this succesfully with clone m8

parapilot
9th March, 2010, 07:59 PM
thanks, so 12V, kline and gnd to programmer, you know where the mod B goes to the programmer?

Cheers
Jamie

obdmaster
9th March, 2010, 08:24 PM
thanks, so 12V, kline and gnd to programmer, you know where the mod B goes to the programmer?

Cheers
Jamie

open connection diagram m8, then at bottom you have choice either xprog-m or xprog-m rev.e.

hit xprog-m rev.e and there you have a drawing my friend.

Please be aware m8, ive not carried out this procedure myself, but ive talked with eepromripper about it. Ive pm,ed him about your thread and sent him link. So i just wait and get first hand advice m8.

eepromRipper
9th March, 2010, 09:18 PM
I had problems with mine too until i got help from Obdmaster and had to change my power supply to 15 volts. just follow the connection from xprog-m rev. you can solder to the bottom to make it easier.

parapilot
9th March, 2010, 09:50 PM
thanks guys, ill give it a go tomorrow, got a few EWS3 scrap box's to mess with.

Thanks again.
J

parapilot
10th March, 2010, 11:09 AM
Im just getting a green flashing light when its trying to initilise device. any ideas? I got 15v to it, with usb connection.

When you plug in power to the unit (not connected to PC, does any light come on? or do they stay out until connected with PC. I was expecting a light when i plugged in power, but i only get them when i read from pc.

cheers
jamie

obdmaster
10th March, 2010, 01:57 PM
Im just getting a green flashing light when its trying to initilise device. any ideas? I got 15v to it, with usb connection.

When you plug in power to the unit (not connected to PC, does any light come on? or do they stay out until connected with PC. I was expecting a light when i plugged in power, but i only get them when i read from pc.

cheers
jamie

Xprog-m has no power light until you start to read m8, from pc.

parapilot
10th March, 2010, 02:35 PM
thats good, thought there may be a power issue, but it must be this EWS or my connections. not sure what a green flash means, have to get another box to test.

Cheers
J

another_seller
13th March, 2010, 06:17 AM

Cheers
Jamie.
hi m8, no need adapter, you can solder wires to pin 9, 13, 10, my experience better remove the chip from the PCB and read, big risk if you work it onboard with PCB, hope helps

parapilot
26th March, 2010, 05:24 PM
Still struggling to get this K line to work, tried it on a fresh box now, soldered as diagram, but all i get is initialising hardware... and it stays like that, with the green light flashing on the unit.

I have a 15v supply on the xprog, and its 13v at the EWS connector.

Any ideas? how long should it take to read with k line?

Cheers
Jamie.

madzar
8th April, 2010, 02:49 AM
Hi I had same problem tonight.use 15v adapter and run X-prog in windows 98 compatibility mode.
It worked fine

mavi
10th April, 2010, 08:18 AM
hello everyone

I work fine with ews with xprog m only need change value on crystal envoriment to 5529600Hz on mcu hc11. od46j only with usb conection no need 15v power.

never have problem.

regards

pipmen
29th January, 2011, 10:07 PM
Hi,

has anybody programmed a EWS (with ODJ46) successfully with the clone X-Prog M? I have mine from sinosells.

Before starting I want to ask some questions:

- Do I need an external Powersupply which must be connected to the X-Prog M? I think I need one correct?

- I have the BMW EWS Adapter BQ1004069B, which looks different as the original K-Line Adapter P/C: 1-002-0007. Which Pin of the adapter BQ1004069B must be connected to the MCU MODB pin? Is it the ones with the white marking down right as seen on my attachment?

- After connecting adapter to EWS and then to X-Prog M how can I notify that the connection is correctly? Will the READ-Button be activated or does a LED will lit up?

- I think this clone EWS adapter BQ1004069B is a faulty design, because as you can see on the picture it does not standout of the X-Prog itself. So the connection to the EWS will be a little bit difficult :)

cjawahir
30th January, 2011, 12:27 PM
look at the pic , also you can solder a usb plug to this adapter and connect to ews .

you can also desolder the connector and extent with wires to the ews module .

cj

pipmen
30th January, 2011, 01:51 PM
@cjawahir: sorry but your answer has nothing todo with my questions. And why should I solder a USB plug to connect it to the EWS? I know that I can solder cables on it, but this was not my question regarding the EWS adapter.

cjawahir
30th January, 2011, 02:06 PM
@cjawahir: sorry but your answer has nothing todo with my questions. And why should I solder a USB plug to connect it to the EWS? I know that I can solder cables on it, but this was not my question regarding the EWS adapter.

in the pic i have a red circle you have to solder that point to pin 22 on the ews chip .

cj

lupu_sandu
30th January, 2011, 02:56 PM
Or on back of EWS (xprogM show u in Connection Diagram).
Video: YouTube - EWS3

pipmen
1st February, 2011, 02:23 PM
@cjawahir&lupu_sandu: THX GUYS!
Will do this and report you the result

v-diag
1st February, 2011, 05:43 PM
Hi

I have done one recently you have modify the board slightly will upload a image soon? It worked and have managed to program key with the dump using Abritus tag tool

pipmen
1st February, 2011, 08:52 PM
have done it! Hope it was successful :) I had to use a Powersupply for the X-Prog (I have used ones with 12V and 3A max.).

One question still remains. When I read the EWS there are three Fields which show strange values directly below the VIN-Field:

GM: FFFFFFFFP
SA: FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFE
VA: FFFFFFFFFFF

What are these Fields GM, SA and VA showing?

pipmen
1st February, 2011, 09:05 PM
@v-diag: What do you mean? Did you programmed the keys?

I thought that it is not necessary to program the keys because they will be updated automatically if the EWS and the LCM are programmed correctly.