PDA

View Full Version : Advice to Replace ECU,BCM,EMM kit for Renault Trafic III 2015

zebiden
6th February, 2023, 07:06 PM
Hi everyone finally I managed to get the full ECU kit for my Renault Trafic III 2015

I'm changing the full kit because my ECU want Bad previously and i didn't had any backup.I managed to find the same model from the same year vehicle.
The kit comes with
ECU
BCM
EMM-T4
Dash
2×key

The only moduls that will be using from my old vehicle is the ABS modul and the steering modul and the original Dash from what I understand the steering is part of the immobiliser ring eventually the two need to be link it to the ECU again
The diag unit that have in my hand is Can clip and ODBLink EX with Renolink. I believe this two will do the work with some help.
Before I put the kit I would like to get some advice. To remove the Old modules and install the new modules it's not an issue at all I can do this as i'm electrician
I am more looking through the procedure as I need to change probably the VIN number for the ECU BCM and the EMM-T4 to the original VIN number for my original VAN this will allow me to keep the existing steering module and allow me to keep also the existing ABS module

I would appreciate very much if anyone can give me the steps as I don't want to make any mistakes thank you again

zebiden
6th February, 2023, 10:50 PM
I believe the first thing to do is to make a full backup for the ECU and UCH save them as a backup before doing anything eventually I will try write the original VIN number to the new ecu and uch . If something gos wrong at least a made the backup . Any one can recommend Kess v2 clone for backup or Renolink for backup ECU and UCH thank you

zebiden
7th February, 2023, 10:09 PM
​Hi everyone finally I remove the Old ECU reinstall the new kit EUC,BCM,EMM,DASH. I'm facing 2 problems i connected can clip then i notesed the error one is DTC 956804 I believe this is related to the immobiliser because of the steering and abs has a different VIN number if I am not mistaken
The second one dtcc 00187 can communication. I am a puzzled with this fault .
I was able to connect the can clip and do the diagnostic np .
The moment I connected the obdlink ex using Renolink they was not no communication not detecting it for some reason he seems to have a can communication problem have anybody have experimented this problem before, I appreciate very much your help

rafal
7th February, 2023, 10:25 PM
You have tools but you don't know how to use
We still don't know what ECU inside, picture is bad quality
Kess 2 clone and full backup?

zebiden
7th February, 2023, 11:06 PM
Hi mate attach the picture in the link below for ecu the is edc17 C42 with some pictures for the Scan for can clip I admit I'm not an expert this is my personal vehicle I have tried several people to help me with this van here where I am unfortunately they are not great when it comes to electronics. I tried k-suite 2.23 it doesn't seem to detect the issue I connected properly in a configured properly for some reason is not detecting it. Also when he tried the Renolink 2.05 the OBDlink the led is blinking but no communication. I am wondering how come can clip can read everything perfect not another device Cheers

pictures http://fullbox.uk/ecu

alonedark
7th February, 2023, 11:09 PM
edc17c42 can be clone and i can do reset virgin dump no problem n this ecu

zebiden
7th February, 2023, 11:29 PM
Hi Brother I get kess v2 clone For some reason is not connecting I get also Ktag clone I try to avoid using it as I have screwed up one of this ecu previously trust me I've been hustling with this van here so badly. I guess the last alternative is ktag what is the DTCC 00187 something to do with can me be this is way there is no communication with kess and renolink dtcc 00187 can communication

zebiden
8th February, 2023, 04:50 PM
I disconnect the battery terminal last night and today I took it my ohm tester to measure the resistence can bus high and the can bus low I measured exactly 60 Ohm is this correct for the Renault Trafic III 2015

zebiden
9th February, 2023, 12:30 PM
Good morning everyone I can confirm today my testing i disconnecting the BCMf from the van then I did testing resistance from the OBD port 6 and port 14 with ohmmeter I get 120 Ohm as soon as I connect it back drop down to 60 Ohm I tried the same procedure by disconnecting the dash then it get up to 120 ohms as soon as I connected back the dash dropped down to 60 Ohms that mean the com-bass is healthy I hope this can help. Today open at my edc17 C42 the idea is to use ktag backup the Flash copy the bin hopefully to find someone to help me to edit it turn off the cruise control and change the VIN number to the original ecu I will keep you posted.Cheers:acne: