PDA

View Full Version : renault clio and clip help

sexyceta
10th March, 2010, 10:00 AM
i have a 2001 clio that i need to code keys into.i have the pin.do i need to have pre programmed transponders or will a 46 chip program in.also when i use the clip in the key program menu there is a section called (spare) what is this for. thanks clip version 87

vevepatronu
10th March, 2010, 10:04 AM
in order to programm new keys with clip on your clio you need to make the ecu and the immo box virgin and then you need a key that is already programmed and programm your ecu and immobox again....

gepakg
10th March, 2010, 10:07 AM
if you program remote key (pcf7946)no need prepare only pin & CLIP,but if you want pcf7936 need prepare of crypto hi-lo pages and also in the end switch it to crypto mode,than you have successfull programing

regards Gepa

i have a 2001 clio that i need to code keys into.i have the pin.do i need to have pre programmed transponders or will a 46 chip program in.also when i use the clip in the key program menu there is a section called (spare) what is this for. thanks clip version 87

sexyceta
10th March, 2010, 02:08 PM
i have programmed a new chip and car starts.is there any way to reprogram remote pcf 7946 i have removed transponder coil. i have changed ecu & uch but am using old key and still don,t know what this (spare) function does on clip

megaexplosionman
14th September, 2010, 11:00 PM
i have programmed a new chip and car starts.is there any way to reprogram remote pcf 7946 i have removed transponder coil. i have changed ecu & uch but am using old key and still don,t know what this (spare) function does on clip

How did you program this new key ?

albertros
15th September, 2010, 08:01 AM
Hi,
you have to programe a new pcf7946 or when you program it to the car the central locking will not work.
When using pcf7946 on Renaults you have to prepare them different for eash different model of car, so you prepare the chip for a Clio.
People confuse brand new chips with chips prepared for programing to the car.
These can be used with Clip and other key making tools but used ones can not.

teerak2uk
15th September, 2010, 09:53 AM
So once you have you blank pcf7946 then how do you prepare it for the car?

many thanks

albertros
15th September, 2010, 10:49 AM
The easy way is to get a new key, read it with a hitag reader then copy.
Or use tango programmer.
Or buy the chips ready prepared.

PierreTheron
21st May, 2011, 07:04 PM
Hi

Prepare chip with Zed bull and central locking will work..:D