PDA

View Full Version : Jailbreak problem

hard
10th March, 2010, 10:42 AM
Hi i have a brand new iphone 3gs that i got the other day the firmware on it was 3.1.2 so when got it straight out the box i jailbroke it , i had not hooked it up to itunes to register my phone as i knew it would up date the firmware yesterday my friend thought he would do me a favor had hook the phone to itunes and restored it like a fool and know its running on 3.1.3 and i have no jailbreak. So can someone tell me can i still downgrade my phone back to 3.1.2 cause i have tried and it didnt work when i hold the shift key and press the right mouse button it dosent bring up the 3.1.2 firmware that i downloaded and its downloaded on my desktop. I followed the videos on youtube.

hitman2010
10th March, 2010, 12:52 PM
when i hold the shift key and press the right mouse button it dosent bring up the 3.1.2 firmware

you use the left mouse button

zaf786
10th March, 2010, 01:03 PM
Hi it gives you option do you want to upgrde to new firmware just press cancel now that you are on 3.1.3 you can not downgrade to 3.1.2 apple are not signing the certs anymore check your serial no if you fourth and fifth digit are 40 or above then you have a new version of iphone 3gs.you can try to downgrade connect to itunes hold shift button on keypad and browse for ipsw on desktop you most probably will get an error message when apple refuses to sign cert see how you get on

hard
10th March, 2010, 11:47 PM
Thats what im havin a problem with when i press the shift key and then press the left mouse button i cant find the ipsw (the firmware) on my desk top even though iv downloaded it to my desktop, and yeah i do have the new
3gs with the new bootrom what dose that mean will that affect me tryin to downgrade the phone, if so is their another way i can get my jailbreak.

PureXTC
11th March, 2010, 05:26 PM
You wont be able to downgrade using iTunes as Apple has stopped authenticating the 3.1.2 firmware file. Even if you do manage to find the file and try downgrading it will fail with an error.

Your best option would be to find a program called RedsnOw 0.9.4. You will need the original 3.1.2 firmware (search the net) and this utility to rejailbreak your iphone.

Good luck!