PDA

View Full Version : Sprinter EDC15C6 - Immobilizer not working after writing maps

GusGasfuss
22nd February, 2023, 05:19 PM
Hi,
i tried to tune a Mercedes Sprinter 902 208 CDI (60kw) out of 12/2000 today. All went positive when writing the EDC15C6 with MPPS, but after this the car will not start (Display: Start error).
It even not turns the engine around.

When i read it with Mercedes diagnosis DAS, there is some strange behaviour, as i can't read the engine ECU, because DAS says, that Immobilizer is defective and needs to change. But i can access the Immobilizer ECU and nearly all tests are ok.

Of course car has had one problem before, as the key is not removable from ignition, so owner leaves it in and closes door with another key. But car drives before.

Tried also recovery with MPPS and KESS, but no help.

Me and my tuner are sure, that there were only maps readed and flashed, but maybe we triggered something inside Immobilizer?
Is it possible to remove this Immobilizer from car?

Maybe someone has experienced similar behaviour on such a car? Or maybe knows solution to get the car running again.

Thank you
Christian

P.S: DAS has info on "Start error" fault...i should learn transponder again. But i don't have this FDOK chiffre and also car says, it hal already 8!!!! keys learned!!!!

rawnq
22nd February, 2023, 05:37 PM
immo data stored in eeprom 95P08 , first try flashing original file on bench and test

lupu_sandu
22nd February, 2023, 05:57 PM
I think you wre just unlucky. WSP is bad (sometimes get corrupted from bad battery).I encounter allot of WSP bad on Sprinter.
Get a CR2 emulator, mount in ecu (you need to modify eeprom 95p08 from ECU) and you are good to go.

GusGasfuss
22nd February, 2023, 08:42 PM
I tried to flash ori file through MPPS and also KESS V2 (also in recovery mode). Alle went successfully, but still no start.
I believe, i have no tool, who can bench this ECU. I have only clone KTAG and Dimsport Trasdata slave.

As the car should travel to Romania on weekend, i should find a fast solution...
Is it possible, to buy a new WSP at Mercedes and let them pair it?
Thanks for help!

gwiazdamb
22nd February, 2023, 09:38 PM
I tried to flash ori file through MPPS and also KESS V2 (also in recovery mode). Alle went successfully, but still no start.
I believe, i have no tool, who can bench this ECU. I have only clone KTAG and Dimsport Trasdata slave.

As the car should travel to Romania on weekend, i should find a fast solution...
Is it possible, to buy a new WSP at Mercedes and let them pair it?
Thanks for help!

This happens in edc15 on save. will break the synchro wsp in memory 5p08 and no start.
Read 5p08 and publish dk and the car will go

GusGasfuss
23rd February, 2023, 10:10 AM
This happens in edc15 on save. will break the synchro wsp in memory 5p08 and no start.
Read 5p08 and publish dk and the car will go

What tools could be used to read it? In moment i only have a carprog clone available...

gwiazdamb
23rd February, 2023, 10:21 AM
What tools could be used to read it? In moment i only have a carprog clone available...

Each memory programmer will read carprog as it has in the list, it will read.
do not use the klps to read, just desolder the memory and read in the stand

dragosverdes
26th February, 2023, 09:21 PM
Cheapest programer to read 5po8 I think is xprog clone. Did you verified fuses no 7 , 16 , 17 ? If fuses are good try to disconnect the horn and see if is working.