PDA

View Full Version : Dash swap audi TT

Dolfke
11th March, 2010, 03:33 AM
Hi Guys ,

I want to swap my dash from my audi TT from 1999 with a second hand dash.
The problem is offcourse the skc key.

Can somebody explane me is minor staps what I have to do or which software and/or hardware I have to buy ?

Thanks in advance
Grtz Dolfke

dj-um
11th March, 2010, 09:31 AM
There is Motorola 912 series inside.
You should read internal eeprom memory, and post here)))

dik
11th March, 2010, 11:20 AM
or you can get yours repaired for ?250 and no need to re programme:DASHAUDITT (http://www.bba-reman.com/catalogue/DetailedProduct.aspx?DetailedProduct=2086)

Dolfke
11th March, 2010, 10:28 PM
There is Motorola 912 series inside.
You should read internal eeprom memory, and post here)))
Hello dj-um,

Can I read the eprom with the OBD connector or how can I get the dump file ?

or you can get yours repaired for ?250 and no need to re programme:DASHAUDITT (http://www.bba-reman.com/catalogue/DetailedProduct.aspx?DetailedProduct=2086)

Hello Dik ,

Thanks , but I would really like to do it myself.

danyguit2000
12th March, 2010, 06:16 AM
Yes,you can...

A11463
14th March, 2010, 09:27 PM
If you have standart Serial Interface take that
Working 100%

Dolfke
16th March, 2010, 10:39 PM
If you have standart Serial Interface take that
Working 100%

Thanks very much 'A11463'

Dolfke
19th April, 2010, 11:48 PM
Yes,you can...
Hello,

I 've just bought Vag Tacho 2.5.

What is the next step that I have to do ?

Read old cluster and save dump file (if possible with Vag Tacho ??)
Read Pin-code ??
Read Secondhand cluster ??
Write dump form old cluster to new one ??

Does some know the answers ?

Thanks very much

F4kk3r
20th April, 2010, 10:21 PM
Use the instructions from rosstech if you have VAG-com Ross-Tech: VAG-COM: Immobilizer Info (http://www.ross-tech.com/vag-com/cars/immobilizer.html)

Chriscwl
21st April, 2010, 08:26 PM
Hello,

I 've just bought Vag Tacho 2.5.

What is the next step that I have to do ?

Read old cluster and save dump file (if possible with Vag Tacho ??)
Read Pin-code ??
Read Secondhand cluster ??
Write dump form old cluster to new one ??

Does some know the answers ?

Thanks very much

I've done this with a few VAG dashboards and it worked OK

Dolfke
22nd April, 2010, 07:57 AM
I read the pin code .

It should be 0348.
Now I wil try to read and save the dump file .

And then switch the dashboard.

Dolfke
25th April, 2010, 08:07 AM
It seems I can't manage to save a correct dump file.

I have an 8N1 919 880 C dash.

I want to swap it with an 8N1 919 880 E dash.

Isn't it possible with vag-tacho to read and save a correct dump file from the dashboard?

Thanks

trader1990
25th April, 2010, 02:39 PM
this software/cable has its limitations , you can do basic info read, but saving will do only to certain clusters,

what tools do you have ?
Do you have vagcom ?
SInce you can read SKC from both clusters, you shouldn't have issues with programming the other cluster to the car using vagcom and all the instructions are posted on rosstech website,
I don't understand why you are moving dump file to a cluster?

What is wrong with old cluster ?

Dolfke
25th April, 2010, 05:38 PM
Hallo Trader,

At the moment I have only vag-tacho 2.5.
I ordered a vag-com cable and it's on his way.

The problem with my old cluster is fuel gauge not correct , rpm needle is loose and Fis display pixel failure.

trader1990
25th April, 2010, 09:21 PM
that issue can be repaired, i don;t know where you are located either in North America or Europe there are services that can repair your cluster and it will work as new and better then original. if u bought another cluster from ebay most likely you will have the same problem, all the clusters on ebay are bad ones, any cluster built before 2003 has the same issue, you can check the sticker on the cluster if the date is under 2003 most likely you might experience the same issue fuel/temp gauges issues illumination etc, I had Audi TT before, and I have learned lesson from that. The LCD problem is common that can be serviced as well.
If your new cluster is built after 2003 , then you are safe.

but if you plan to install this one, wait until vagcom arrives and just program it, don't do copy of eeprom you might damage the second one you have ..

krellman86
21st July, 2010, 11:34 AM
Hey all,

I'm trying to get hold of my SKC too. I have vagtacho 2.2.
2002 Audi TT 225BHP.

It wont let me extract the SKC ??

Any help ?

Thanks

Ashraf6119
21st July, 2010, 10:39 PM
Hi krellman86

After you have open the program how are you reading can you explain.

You got to select the Instrument type from the drop bar and then try to connect when its connected in right instrument it will give to access granted and read pin code option will be high lighted.

Hope This Helps.

Ash

krellman86
17th September, 2010, 12:50 AM
Hi there,

Sorry it's been a while - I have a second hand cluster and need to swap it over.

I have Vagtacho 2.5 and vag K+can commander 1.4 full.

I have tried using both and can't get an SKC out.

I can't get the SKC out - I hear there is a way of extracting from the ECU...any help ??

gapi
20th December, 2010, 09:37 PM
hello everyone,

My Audi TT 1999 also have problem with dash. Temp gauge is reading around 100 degrees, and tacho is stop working from time to time.
What do you suggest? I was told that one solution is to rewrite eeprom, and other one is to change whole dash.
Is there any other solution to solve problem?

Regards

trader1990
21st December, 2010, 02:25 AM
Hi there,

Sorry it's been a while - I have a second hand cluster and need to swap it over.

I have Vagtacho 2.5 and vag K+can commander 1.4 full.

I have tried using both and can't get an SKC out.

I can't get the SKC out - I hear there is a way of extracting from the ECU...any help ??

Both software are useless, they are chinese crap
Someone had used vagtacho 2.5 and after they got the skc code , and when they reset on the mileage LCD it was showing DEF code, means that eeprom got defective.
you do this at your own risk, access the menu and go to Audi TT direct Jaeger, it will take few seconds the cluster will turn on and off, and the software should get skd, but warning if you try too many times it will damage the eeprom

trader1990
21st December, 2010, 02:28 AM
hello everyone,

My Audi TT 1999 also have problem with dash. Temp gauge is reading around 100 degrees, and tacho is stop working from time to time.
What do you suggest? I was told that one solution is to rewrite eeprom, and other one is to change whole dash.
Is there any other solution to solve problem?

Regards
there are companies that repair them, it is more electrical issue , the eeprom will not fix this.
I don't know where you are just google audi tt dash repair, you should have couple links, estimated cost about ~200 usd , but the repair sometimes will not fix the problem, you probably going to need to new cluster, just don't waste money on the ebay, most of the clusters are bad.