PDA

View Full Version : Getting iPhone Applications back on PC after recovery

MrBassman92
11th March, 2010, 11:32 AM
I recently lost everything on my Laptop hard drive & had to recover to factory settings - this wasn't too much of a problem, as I always back-up all my music, photo's etc to an external hard-drive,

The problem is all my iPhone Applications that were synced in iTunes were lost - obviuosly I still have them on my iphone. I downloaded & re-installed iTunes, but now it obviously will not let me transfer them back to the computer from the phone.

Is there a way I can get them back into my new iTunes? - these are all legit purchased applications from the app store BTW.

They were all purchased on the iphone App store & not on the computer - so how did they sync to the computer in the 1st place?

Do I have to 'register' the phone?

Thanks in advance

Flames5123
3rd June, 2010, 09:32 PM
man... you poor guy... no one has replied in 3 months?

Go to iTunes. click on Advanced. Click authorize account. do that.

or do you already have it fixed?

johnboy1974
4th June, 2010, 09:27 AM
man... you poor guy... no one has replied in 3 months?

Go to iTunes. click on Advanced. Click authorize account. do that.

or do you already have it fixed?

doing this does not restore the music and apps from the iphone to the itunes it only authorises the computer to be able to use itunes.

smokey_jnr
4th June, 2010, 10:19 AM
all you need to do is sing in to Itunes... and the applications will appear in the menu in top left.

even if you were to download all these apps again you will not be re-charged

janobi
6th June, 2010, 09:21 AM
Connect iphone and cancel sync. Right click the iphone icon, and transfer purchases. Simples!

johnboy1974
6th June, 2010, 03:27 PM
Connect iphone and cancel sync. Right click the iphone icon, and transfer purchases. Simples!

many thanks janobi this works a treat.