PDA

View Full Version : sony ericsson c905

Lainie
28th October, 2008, 10:16 PM
just wondered if anyone had this phone. im thinking of ordering it tomorrow

http://www.sonyericsson.com/cws/products/mobilephones/overview/c905?cc=gb&lc=en

sivhead
5th November, 2008, 02:55 PM
I would wait until the Nokia n85 is released. Its only got a 5 megapixel camera compared to the 8mp the sony has but everything else the nokia wins hands down.

JeffC
5th November, 2008, 05:54 PM
Hi have the C905 now if its the camera phone you want its the best one but the down fall is that rest of the features is same as k850i and c902.

sivhead
6th November, 2008, 10:10 PM
I'm due an upgrade now, I was considering getting the c905 but it does not have a symbian or windows mobile os. So i ditched the idea. Just out of interest, have you been able to load any sat nav software onto the phone which works with the internal GPS ?

If you have I might be swayed again. Also have you managed to find out how many frames per second the video recording is >?

yestouch
11th November, 2008, 04:33 PM
it is a really good phone.

mick56
1st December, 2008, 01:22 AM
this phone is brilliant but cannot manage to get the sat nav to work :(

Lainie
3rd June, 2009, 10:31 PM
i got this phone in nov 08 from carphone warehouse and contract with O2. O2 wanted ?100 for the handset and i got the same deal with car w/h but phone was free.

anyway

phone went back to car w/h in december as the 3 button wouldnt work for texts etc.

got another handset.

that went back on 14th january this time with a diff problem.

got another replacement handset (NOT A NEW ONE)

now this isnt working. phone keeps cutting off during calls etc.

should i be entitled to a brand new different handset as i obv dont want another bloody c905

please help as woe is wee me. im normally such a quiet wee sausage as well.

devilswhore
6th June, 2009, 10:06 PM
cpw 4 ya. avoid like the plague. worst mobile phone company there is. theor cmr services are crap. on fact you are quite lucky you got it swapped...... but bin them.. go to SE and contact them more chance of geting a replacement.

Lainie
23rd June, 2009, 09:07 PM
update on the phone -handset number 3 away for repair

cpw say phone was faulty and have sent back to sony ericsson. its been away nearly 3 weeks now but cpw saying it can be 28 days from when sony get it!! i said on the phone this is a cop out from giving me an alternative handset. they said my last 2 repairs are null and void as its been over 35 days between each repair.

i phoned O2 but they cant help as i didnt get the handset from them. i just know cpw are going to give me another c905 and i dont want it as ive had 3 faulty handsets already and i know several others that have as well. im only 7 months into an 18 month contract for ?35 a month with O2 so no-one would prob buy me out of the current contract.

so i have cpw blaming sony and O2 can do nowt.

im bloody demented. the phones been away more than its been in my possession and im paying ?35 a month for stuff i dont have on my old handset

any advice dk'ers??

cunny
23rd June, 2009, 10:22 PM
the c905 is 1 of the worst handsets i have had.

Got the sammy pixon off orange, not the dogs but okish

mclean09
23rd June, 2009, 10:25 PM
its a good phone hands down :D

lfc4life
23rd June, 2009, 10:42 PM
naw! its a adequate phone at best

Lainie
24th June, 2009, 08:54 AM
when i spoke to the repairs guy at cpw last night he said i was the 4th person that day with problems with the c905. he told me sony have now stopped making it there have been that many faults with this handset. if you have one and it hasnt broke your lucky. i personally know another 4 people whos handsets broke including the girl next to me at work. luckily vodaphone bought her out her o2 contract as she only had a few months to go.

lee01
24th June, 2009, 08:59 AM
nope, sorry

Lainie
1st July, 2009, 09:56 PM
update again

the 3rd handset was faulty and sent back to sony ericsson who have sent another reconditioned one to cpw. i have spokent to cpw branch and high level complaints re being offered a diff handset etc and im now being told its 4 faulty handsets (WITH THE SAME FAULT) each fault within 28 days in order to be offered a replacement of same value etc. ive had 3 faulty handsets in 5 months each time with a different problem. thats irrelevant i was told. so technically i could have 10 faulty handsets within an 12 month period each with a diff fault and i STILL would not be offered a diff handset. astonishing. i cant cancel my contract as its just 8 months into an 18 month contract. O2 can do nothing as they never supplied the handset but contract is with them.

i was in tears the other night on the phone to cpw. they say they are perfectly within their policy rights etc. i told them i wasnt accepting another c905 and he said thats my choice but another would not be offered.

ive asked for statistics from them as to how many people have actually had 4 faulty handsets with the same fault each time etc as i feel they have a policy that only benefits the cpw and not the customer.

any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

:argh:

maca
1st July, 2009, 10:07 PM
update again

the 3rd handset was faulty and sent back to sony ericsson who have sent another reconditioned one to cpw. i have spokent to cpw branch and high level complaints re being offered a diff handset etc and im now being told its 4 faulty handsets (WITH THE SAME FAULT) each fault within 28 days in order to be offered a replacement of same value etc. ive had 3 faulty handsets in 5 months each time with a different problem. thats irrelevant i was told. so technically i could have 10 faulty handsets within an 12 month period each with a diff fault and i STILL would not be offered a diff handset. astonishing. i cant cancel my contract as its just 8 months into an 18 month contract. O2 can do nothing as they never supplied the handset but contract is with them.

i was in tears the other night on the phone to cpw. they say they are perfectly within their policy rights etc. i told them i wasnt accepting another c905 and he said thats my choice but another would not be offered.

ive asked for statistics from them as to how many people have actually had 4 faulty handsets with the same fault each time etc as i feel they have a policy that only benefits the cpw and not the customer.

any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

:argh:
have a look hun hope this helps in some way Faulty Mobile Phone - Please help - Consumer Forum (http://whatconsumer.co.uk/forum/mobile-phones/4767-faulty-mobile-phone-please-help.html) . maca.

Lainie
1st July, 2009, 10:55 PM
cheers for that - will join up and see what help or advice they can give me.

Lainie
3rd July, 2009, 09:45 PM
went and got a new contract today. got the cheapest one i could to get the w995 handset - ?20 a month. will get the c905 from cpw and send it to mazumobile. i have 10 months of current contract to go so will have 10 x ?20 to pay but i will offset that by sending to mazumobile

SLiCKo
12th August, 2009, 12:59 PM
Nice phone.

7hills
10th September, 2009, 05:54 PM
i had the same problem as this, but managed to get it repaired for free, happy days.