PDA

View Full Version : Challenger locked RFHUB content

qeso705
18th March, 2023, 12:51 PM
I am looking for full dump from locked Challenger RFHUB. Anyone knows more details how to recognize that? What steps are involved in locking permannently RFHUB?

rob h
18th March, 2023, 03:38 PM
Keylockdown you mean, when you say, locked?

Obd add key, should not be possible anymore.
So hook up keyprogrammer. Bypass sgw if needed.
And try to add a key. See what happens.

I they upgrade the unit.
Sw version should be altered.

The rfhub, P68291647AK,belonging to a Ram gen5 for example.
I could read full, with a programmer.

And if you have 2 keys.
You loose 1.
Can you block it?

And then you have to buy a new rfhub. To program a new key.
Keylockdown, will not help against relay theft.
And those, who can do this, can easily program in a unlocked rfhub.

qeso705
19th March, 2023, 03:18 PM
FCA/Stellantis released such update only for some Challengers as far is me known, altough similar lock should be possible to perform on other models with the same shape of RFH. I have no opportunity to try as I dont have content from such module/such module.

rob h
19th March, 2023, 08:02 PM
Thanks and reps are welcome!

If they suspect, that some cars being stolen, with extra spare keys programmend.
With or without the knowledge of the car owner.
Then this may do some good.

A relay attack, on the keyless system will still work.
Soon as they stop the car, they will not be able to move it anymore, until they swapped the rfhub.
This may also do some good. Some extra time to perhaps recover stolen cars.

But if you loose a key, or want a extra key.
Not even the dealer can reverse this keylockdown.

And it will cost you a dealer visit to replace the rfhub.

You could buy a secondhand rfhub. From a Dodge Challenger, of a certain age upwards.
These will have the keylockdown, soon as they leave the dealership.

Still dont i dont think, if you could simply use the the updated c-flash.
That it will play ball, with the d-flash.

qeso705
21st March, 2023, 11:38 AM
Thanks and reps are welcome!

If they suspect, that some cars being stolen, with extra spare keys programmend.
With or without the knowledge of the car owner.
Then this may do some good.

A relay attack, on the keyless system will still work.
Soon as they stop the car, they will not be able to move it anymore, until they swapped the rfhub.
This may also do some good. Some extra time to perhaps recover stolen cars.

But if you loose a key, or want a extra key.
Not even the dealer can reverse this keylockdown.

And it will cost you a dealer visit to replace the rfhub.

You could buy a secondhand rfhub. From a Dodge Challenger, of a certain age upwards.
These will have the keylockdown, soon as they leave the dealership.

Still dont i dont think, if you could simply use the the updated c-flash.
That it will play ball, with the d-flash.

Its unclear that car leaving factory have this option turned on by default(from where you have this info?). RFH have eeprom not dFlash in 9s12 and until layout of data will be the same cFlash should fit but as I mentioned in first post its reason why I am looking for full dump to perform some tests. Car manufactures dont make secure cars because they cant just they dont care or they will have extra 50cent on each car(accelometer in smart key). Answer on initial questions are welcome!

rob h
21st March, 2023, 05:50 PM
You talk about 2015 models?
Locked are the latest versions.2020+

You think, theys still have moto?

R7F7010443 more likely, similar to Ram 2019+

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dodge has developed three new security measures to help protect owners from having their vehicles stolen by thieves. This includes the Enhanced Security Mode, Key Programming Lockdown and the Intrusion Module.

The Enhanced Security Mode allows the owner to enter a 4-digit code to limit engine output to less than 3 horsepower, and it will be available Monday for the 2021 model year Challengers and Chargers. Key Programming Lockdown prevents thieves from programming new keys and it will be available for 2020 and 2021 models as early as October, but the company is committed to having the system in action by January 2022. After the 2020 and 2021 models are handled, Dodge will roll out the same software for 2015 through 2019 model years, with a new year being added every six weeks. As for the Intrusion Module, it senses glass breakage, movement inside the vehicle and vehicle inclination, sounding the alarm if there are any changes. It will be offered for the 2022 model year, standard in cars with the 392 and SRTŪ Hellcat HEMIŪ engines and available in V6 and 5.7-liter-powered models.