PDA

View Full Version : Starview Box 3 The Box Super loss of channels

mikerd
29th October, 2008, 01:53 PM
I recent bought a Starview Box 3 downloaded the software and got the thing working. The only problem I have had is on a couple of channel, when you switch to them they jam and then the box jams. This occurred on Skysports 1, but when I went to menu and all channels and went to no 62 Skysports 1 was there and I could watch it without any jam, but now I have the same problem on Setanta 1. I cannot find Setanta on All channels, just under the sports menu. If I switch to the channel the whole box jams up. I tried a new programme search with different operators as well, but that did not work.

Can any one help please?

thered
29th October, 2008, 01:59 PM
can you not move the working channel to where you want it and move the other well away or delete it

mikerd
29th October, 2008, 02:10 PM
I can do that with Skysports1 but as I do not have Setanta at all now, I cannot

young
29th October, 2008, 02:53 PM
have you put the upto date firmware on 8.0 for uk or 7.9 for ireland also if you have any splitters on take them off while you scan

mikerd
29th October, 2008, 03:29 PM
Yes it has firmware 8.0. That is what I downloaded when I got the box about a month ago and there are no splitters

young
29th October, 2008, 03:48 PM
could be signal issue then your signal rate should be about 70-75 if its less you could need a booster for it

mikerd
29th October, 2008, 04:28 PM
it could be, but why on just those two channels?

mikerd
29th October, 2008, 08:44 PM
I forgot to mention if I select skysports 1 or setanta 1 it jams, but I then lose every channel with the exception of the free to air. I can then only get the channel back by running a scan, not once but maybe a dozen times over the period of 24 hours

zoe212
30th October, 2008, 12:10 AM
i have the same problem with setanta can anyone help have done all above no joy thanks

JIM25B
30th October, 2008, 10:01 AM
try flashing your box again with the same firmware, might have been a bad flash previously.can't do no harm .might solve your problem.

mikerd
30th October, 2008, 01:11 PM
Ok I downloaded
[Download Starview 3 The Box Super GTRom v8.00e 22/06/2008] again put it on the box, ran a new channel scan and still only have the free to air stations. Anyone help please?

satsmo
30th October, 2008, 01:42 PM
Is your key emu on? If it is and your channels still havent cleared, turn it off from the back switch for a minute and then back on. Check key emu again and see if it updates, (setting default key will also work).

There are works been carried out by the CC at some headends so that could be your problem, or it may be more localised.

mikerd
30th October, 2008, 02:08 PM
Thanks Satsmo, I reset default and got the channels back, but I can still only get skysports one by going to all channels and then locating it at Bics 62. If I click direct on skysports1 and setanta 1 they still freeze and unless i switch channels quickly they jam and I lose everything.

satsmo
30th October, 2008, 02:14 PM
The BICs channels are usually duplicates or place holders, although some areas contain valid channels. Have you looks at channels named TvCh your two channels that you are having problems with may be in there?

mikerd
30th October, 2008, 04:24 PM
Skysports 1 is on the normal channel list, but does not work, but it works fine in BICS. Setanta 1 is in the Channel list, but when I click on it with the remote there is nothing other than the box at the bottom of the screen telling me what should be on. I cannot find it in BICS or TV Ch. Thanks again for your help

satsmo
30th October, 2008, 07:35 PM
Just delete Sly channel from your channel list and rename the one in BICS, (if it is working fine).

Regarding Setanta, go to it and note the frequency it is on. Now delete it and do a manual scan on the noted frequency. This should get it back for you.

mikerd
30th October, 2008, 09:47 PM
Unfortunately the frequency for Setanta Sports 1 is shown as 0HZ and 0KPS. Thanks agin for your help.

mikerd
31st October, 2008, 11:22 AM
Do you think I should try downloading software 7.09?

satsmo
31st October, 2008, 02:03 PM
It wont do any harm. But remember to do a factory reset after flashing and turn key emu back on.

mikerd
31st October, 2008, 03:30 PM
No that didn't work! All exactly the same. Thank again for all the advice.

satsmo
31st October, 2008, 03:39 PM
A few people are having this problem as said I know there is some work going on and TPs have changed in some areas. Where are you located, (roughly) and who is your provider?

I will see if I can find the frequency for you. I have to leave for a bit but should be back later.

mikerd
31st October, 2008, 03:42 PM
I am near Epsom Surrey and NTL is the provider. Many thanks

satsmo
31st October, 2008, 06:30 PM
Hi I know you said you cannot see the channel, but can you see what frequency it shows at?

mikerd
31st October, 2008, 06:47 PM
No I cannot see the frequency. If I click on the channel, the box at the bottom of the screen comes up, I can see in words what is meant to be on and the frequency on that page and the channel list is shown as 0

satsmo
31st October, 2008, 06:50 PM
If you can get the EPG info it may be a PID change. I haven't had any luck yet with a TP for your area. But I will keep trying, as said it could be a CC problem.

mikerd
31st October, 2008, 07:10 PM
Ok thanks for your help again. I think you are right, it is a cc problem. Setanta worked before. When I was messing around with the box yesterday, i noticed that TCM was also showing as 0 and there were other tv channels under tv ch that were not stored in the normal channel list. once again thanks for all the help it is much appreaciated.

mikerd
31st October, 2008, 08:13 PM
I managed to sort it out. i went to edit channel and in there the programmes I was having the problems with setanta, skysports1 and tcm were listed twice. I deleted one of each and bingo it works now.

Thanks for your help again

Freshboy
11th November, 2008, 03:16 PM
Thanks, will try to do it now.

sohaib
29th November, 2008, 01:01 PM
asddddddddfffassdsa

pitmaxbull
7th December, 2008, 11:01 AM
I managed to sort it out. i went to edit channel and in there the programmes I was having the problems with setanta, skysports1 and tcm were listed twice. I deleted one of each and bingo it works now.

Thanks for your help again

Hi all i have the same problem but i dont have duplicated channels as just looked. i have flashed my box (TheBox Super) with new 8.02 firm ware, this is when i lost setanta. when i go onto the channel it just says scrambled or bad channel.
any idea's ?

boomer39
7th December, 2008, 12:44 PM
happened to me when i dowloaded 8.02. lost set 1,2 and a few more. some were in the bics section. so i was told in another forum to do a factory reset , this worked, all ok for days now. cheers