PDA

View Full Version : 2020 Subaru Impreza Bladed H Key, BIU (BCM)

Deoxyrybose
13th April, 2023, 05:55 PM
Just getting into the immobilizer/key stuff, and come from the diagnostics and programming side of things. I have a 2020 Impreza auction car that while the windshield was being replaced I guess was left out in the rain? Customer showed me a water damaged body control module (BIU). He purchased a new one from the dealer and installed it. I came by to help with any programming and see that the immobilizer needs to be relearn via a BIU initialization. Well, I used Subaru SSM4 to initialize the BIU, but you need ALL currently programmed keys. This car only came with one programmed key from auction (there are 2 keys stored in the cluster), and the old module is very crusty and won't communicate.

M608 doesn't seem to do BCMs and I'm not familiar with the subaru immobilizers.
What are my options now? More new modules? Cloning? I'm open to any and all creative ideas. There's no time frame on this car, I appreciate any and all advice :beer:

Deoxyrybose
24th April, 2023, 10:58 PM
So I was able to pull the flash from the MCU. Fujitsu MB91F252K. If anyone is interested, or wanted to collectively work out the VIN or key information on these H Key systems, I have attached the files below.

Deoxyrybose
30th April, 2023, 02:36 AM
I pulled the flash off of the new unit before I cloned the old data (above) to it. Remember, it's not really a "virgin" module because it did get installed, but it didn't get initialized. I was able to successfully write the old data to the new chip. This MCU has "work flash" and "main flash'. If you compare the two files, the rather large "main" flashes are EXACTLY the same. Not a single byte is changed between the used and new module. The difference is completely in the "work flash". I attached the new-ish module's data dump here. I will be installing this module back into the vehicle soon. Then I can confirm if this was a successful clone or not.

Deoxyrybose
4th May, 2023, 09:30 PM
The vehicle started up with the cloned BCM. I think we can confirm BCM cloning works on these. As a side note and for full disclosure, after it started a few times, then it stopped starting... The code was for the cluster not being recognized by the BCM (meter collation). But when I tried to initialize it, it would fail... citing communication/internal ID. This is a flood car, so I'm assuming the cluster is no good and have ordered a new one. If anyone decides to clone this P/N and has the same issue, we'll have to dig further into it.

Deoxyrybose
15th May, 2023, 03:57 PM
This is my last post as the car is fixed. BIU clone was successful. Ordered a new cluster from the dealer, performed immobilizer registration, and it runs and drives now. I won't know until the next time I try to do this again if needing a new cluster was a result of the clone or if it was simply broken to begin with. But at this point I can confirm a cloned BIU and a new cluster will solve this issue!