PDA

View Full Version : 7020 my first dumb question

Tklondon
30th October, 2008, 01:26 AM
Hi

I have just received my new 7020 and connected it up.
I have a monoblock LNB (i guess you all just groaned) with one cable.
I can not seem to find the correct settings to get hotbird and Astra.

(my old setup was working on Hotbird without any problems)

I have tried the different 2 sat LNB options and when I have to search the transponders, I seem to be able to search Astra, but when I try HB the DB says "all transponders have been tried but no lock was possible)

I may have done something wrong before this,so im wondering if I should do a reset, or have I missed something in my setup?

TK

firestorm
30th October, 2008, 01:52 AM
just load the latest Vhannibal settings this should give you all you need if that fails when it says no lock possible it not getting a strong enough signal the china copys are not the best tunners you may have to tweak your lnb i will post the setting you can send them accross by dreambox edit or ddc

Tklondon
30th October, 2008, 02:24 AM
Hi Firestorm

I am afraid I dont know enough yet to be able to use the file you posted.
I got hold of DreamBox edit, but can not see where your file would go.

What I have done, is tried the 22khz options for the LNB and now I get Hotbird (22khz on) to scan but not Astra (22 khz off) !!

so I have now seen both sats picked up, but not in the same settings.

so I maybe closer, or just as far with a different problem.

Oh,just one other thing.
I tried to drag and drop the Darkstar file into Flashwizard and it threw up an error to say "not (yet) supported on DM7020"

So im probably two steps back from even before the box arrived

firestorm
30th October, 2008, 02:36 AM
i am at work so i am doing this with out dreambox edit infront of me --------open dreambox edit(DE)open options put in your dreambox ip address then click on sat reciver then go to ftp browse the the file were you have uzipped the Vhannibal settings to then press send to dreambox reboot your dreambox and thats it done the best way to get your darkstar image accross is to switch on your dreambox from the back button..at the same time old the lower button wait till you see the message **stop**you will see the IP address of your dreambox,type the ip address in you pc web browser it will open a new page with some options look at the bottom of the page click on "firmware upgrade"at the bottom of page in the next page that will be opened through the menu we will go to browse choose the image NFI to load in the flash,Finally click on "flash." and wait till the image comes loaded to 100%, therefore reboot your dreambox

Tklondon
30th October, 2008, 03:09 AM
I get the error "contains no services or lamdb file"
the file you provided, has no extension. not sure if the is normal.

thanks for assisting though

firestorm
30th October, 2008, 03:12 AM
try downloading captains settings just google them the Vhannibal settings must be corrupt

Tklondon
30th October, 2008, 03:47 AM
I found Captains and got it ftp accros.
Im not sure what it does, but there does not seem to be anything abviouse.
I have just done a factory reset and set the 22khz option again, as that is the only one that lets me see Hotbird.
Its just going through a scan now.
I better get some sleep, although I expect ill be up all night trying to figure this out.

many thanks for yout patience.

firestorm
30th October, 2008, 03:57 AM
no problem i know how anoying it can be not to get it working if you have not sorted it by tommorow afternoon i will check my setting on my box at home and compare them with yours

westkill
30th October, 2008, 06:49 AM
did you get the darkstar image on in the end :)

Tklondon
30th October, 2008, 12:43 PM
Hi

no I did not.
If I use the flash wizard, I get an error as soon as I select the file, saying not supported (yet) on DM7020.

If it makes a difference, what I have noticed is, that from new, the box has the GP screen and then it says loding Enigma.

As for the file you sent me, should I load the image via the image load function built into the box (power up with bottom button pressed) ?

Or am I doing something wrong with flash Wizzard ?

TK

firestorm
30th October, 2008, 01:49 PM
gp means gemini use the power up method its the bestway

westkill
30th October, 2008, 02:13 PM
follow the the red sticky at the top of this sat section how to flash the dm7020
dont use flash wizard pro
how are you connected to your box

Tklondon
30th October, 2008, 02:51 PM
Hi

Im connected via the LAN and can see the box via a browser.
So I know that my network setting are ok.

I saw the sticky, but so many people have talkedabout FlashWizard, I though it the more up to date way to go.

I have been searching for this error message and there are a few psts that say it is fixed and a few other that talk about an issue with miniroot on the 7020 and flshwizard.

Ill try the direct way this evening.
thanks for being there guys

Tklondon
30th October, 2008, 08:56 PM
Hi

I have now uploaded the Darkstar image, so thanks for that.

But now my first problem , seems to be worse.
I can not find any setting that will san and find a transponder.
Yesterday I had some luck with this, but with this image I have nothing.

I have sent Captains file accross, but not getting anything.
I can see good SNR and AGC, but nothing gets found.

Any advice or a way to test ?

firestorm
30th October, 2008, 09:50 PM
can you not find the transponder scan option or will it not scan?but if you have the captains setting loaded there should be no need to do a transponder scan.What happens when you go to a channel say france 5 dose it show a good signal by pressing the ok button twice dose it show whats on the channel?

Tklondon
30th October, 2008, 10:11 PM
Hi Again

So my sequesnce has been.

load new image.
Loadcaptains file.
7020 goes through startup.
PAL
Language.
Time
THEN Diseq setting.

it is here I am trying to find the correct setting as I am then presented with Automatic Transponder scan.

And it is this scan that goes through all the transponders but fails to lock.

Hope that made sense.

firestorm
30th October, 2008, 10:30 PM
it sounds like a problem with your box you seem to be doing everything right i am at work again so i will post my settings

Tklondon
30th October, 2008, 10:40 PM
I just reloaded the image and the captain file.
used the Diseq for 22khz options.
set Astra on the top line
Hotbird on the bottom
and I have had lock on both !!
scanning Hotbird now and so far found 950 services.

I am a man of logic and I expect the same action to give the same results.
It must be Halloween.

lets see if I can get to step 2 today (what ever that is)

OK im watching Abu Dhabi TV (better learn Arabic fast)

I guess ive made it to step one.

Tklondon
30th October, 2008, 10:55 PM
I am now watching FTA stuff.

I do not know this image, but it is different from the one the box arrived with.
Will it allow me to download cams and EMU or do I have to do it another way ?

Now I am really flying blind

OK, Ive found how to get to the Blue Panel.
Now I have to work out why im here.
this is where all the guides stop.

Im going to try and download a Cam and update keys

firestorm
31st October, 2008, 12:45 AM
that great news glad your getting some were,Try Cccam2.09 and download the keys via the server goto premire on 19east and that should clear some good films ~~~~ and football

Tklondon
31st October, 2008, 01:37 AM
Your mail has taken me to a sad discovery.

Although I thought I had now found channels on both HB and Astra.
I actually only had HB and then HB again, but labeled Astra, as the 22KHZ did not switch my LNB.

So all in all a lucky find.
I am now trying the ToneBurst option and so far have found Astra and now I am finding HB,
so fingers crossed.

Tick tock...

AND WE HAVE LIFT OFF :champions:

I am watching Premier and I can switch to HB.

janjan114
31st October, 2008, 01:40 AM
no more ~~~~ on that via keys as of yesterday :( CSis the only way forward for you now .....good luck!

firestorm
31st October, 2008, 02:00 AM
that just shows i dont watch ~~~~ all the time lol(well thats not the full truth i dont use keys i get my channels through other methods)

westkill
31st October, 2008, 08:12 AM
and whats wrong with to much ~~~~ lol

firestorm
31st October, 2008, 06:54 PM
it not watching its being caught watching by the wife thats the problem,I wish they would make dishes that move with out a noise lol

Curious123
31st October, 2008, 08:28 PM
or even remotes that change channels when you press the button. lol