PDA

View Full Version : is the cuberevo range worth the money ?

jinxy72
15th March, 2010, 05:28 PM
honest opinion .... do u think the cuberevo range of box's are worth the money ? im looking to buy one ( when funds permit ) and want a box with twin tuner ... cuberevo fits the bill .... but are they as good as they sound or just a pure headache ?

cheers

mant1234
15th March, 2010, 06:45 PM
the picture is sweet tbf but yeah they are a bit of a headache i would go towards the dreamboxs there is a lot more support for them but thats just me

Sat-Shop
15th March, 2010, 08:27 PM
VU+ DUO would be my choice based on price, features and build quality. Expect around about a month or more waiting time for the next batch in the UK, but there is a good reason they are sold out everywhere... :)

jinxy72
15th March, 2010, 09:17 PM
VU+ DUO would be my choice based on price, features and build quality. Expect around about a month or more waiting time for the next batch in the UK, but there is a good reason they are sold out everywhere... :)

just had a look ... looks pretty good may have to be considered .

jinxy72
15th March, 2010, 09:18 PM
the picture is sweet tbf but yeah they are a bit of a headache i would go towards the dreamboxs there is a lot more support for them but thats just me

have experiance with dreambox already and not had any major issues ( even though it is a clone ) just that the twin tuner model is way too expensive ( 8000 model )

Sat-Shop
15th March, 2010, 09:20 PM
As it happens we also have a Twin Tuner CubeRevo due in at the end of this week, we're taking in part-exchange. I was going to keep this as a demo receiver for us but I'll give you a shout once it's here and tested if you like, maybe of interest to you as well?

jinxy72
15th March, 2010, 11:20 PM
As it happens we also have a Twin Tuner CubeRevo due in at the end of this week, we're taking in part-exchange. I was going to keep this as a demo receiver for us but I'll give you a shout once it's here and tested if you like, maybe of interest to you as well?

yeah let me know and can take it from there .... do seem a little unreliable on cccam etc though after reading posts .. but if its at a good price :) ...... ACTUALLY THANKS FOR THE OFFER BUT DUE TO POSTA BELOW ILL WAIT FOR THE VU+

khan
16th March, 2010, 01:54 AM
mate

i have had the box for long time loads of problems moderate software support, like guy said above go for vu+ it got good reviews and i read its gonna b a big contender for dreambox.

aftermath
16th March, 2010, 08:35 AM
the picture quality of the cuberevo 9000 knocks spots off any other box around, and thats probably the only good thing going for it.

The lack of support from DGS is starting to Pi5s off the image developers and its just a matter of time when they will all be leaving the ipboxes and trying there work on other boxes.

the cams available are not very reliable and have many stops and starts during the day, mgcamd being the best cam available for connecting to cccam.

Ive tried to talk sat-shop into doing a swap deal with me for a VU+ , but he has not bit yet, lol

Personally i think if i was to buy a new box today it would be the VU+ box, but i am skint so will have to wait a while.
These boxes supposedly work straight from the box and need basic dreambox knowledge to modify the firmware e.t.c.

jinxy72
16th March, 2010, 08:25 PM
mate

i have had the box for long time loads of problems moderate software support, like guy said above go for vu+ it got good reviews and i read its gonna b a big contender for dreambox.

thanks for that m8

jinxy72
16th March, 2010, 08:26 PM
the picture quality of the cuberevo 9000 knocks spots off any other box around, and thats probably the only good thing going for it.

The lack of support from DGS is starting to Pi5s off the image developers and its just a matter of time when they will all be leaving the ipboxes and trying there work on other boxes.

the cams available are not very reliable and have many stops and starts during the day, mgcamd being the best cam available for connecting to cccam.

Ive tried to talk sat-shop into doing a swap deal with me for a VU+ , but he has not bit yet, lol

Personally i think if i was to buy a new box today it would be the VU+ box, but i am skint so will have to wait a while.
These boxes supposedly work straight from the box and need basic dreambox knowledge to modify the firmware e.t.c.

thanks for ur honesty ... looks like the vu+ gets the thumbs up then .

UDA
20th March, 2010, 12:13 PM
thanks for ur honesty ... looks like the vu+ gets the thumbs up then .

Hi jinxy72,

I've got an IP 9000HD and love it :)

Don't get me wrong, it does have some sortware problems like mentioned, but it's still a great box. Like aftermath said, the picture is awesome.

I've ordered the VU+ duo as well, just waiting for it to come in at Sat_shop, hope it's giong to be here sometime next week :)
The support for the VU+ is getting better every day :)

Cheers

UDA

catseye
21st March, 2010, 11:00 AM
The cuberevo aka IpBox 9000 etc are great boxes with superb picture quality & are very well built

All its needs is for DGS to be more focused in helping & encouraging the development teams in terms of creating the software for it

bacardi
21st March, 2010, 03:42 PM
I have both. The vu+ gives a great picture and can't say i have noticed much difference from the ipbox. The Vu is far better running cccam and does not freeze on cs, it seems support is growing for the vu with software releases being done very frequently

jinxy72
21st March, 2010, 08:15 PM
I have both. The vu+ gives a great picture and can't say i have noticed much difference from the ipbox. The Vu is far better running cccam and does not freeze on cs, it seems support is growing for the vu with software releases being done very frequently

wonder if the vu+ will get its own section on the forums then :)

jinxy72
21st March, 2010, 08:17 PM
Hi jinxy72,

I've got an IP 9000HD and love it :)

Don't get me wrong, it does have some sortware problems like mentioned, but it's still a great box. Like aftermath said, the picture is awesome.

I've ordered the VU+ duo as well, just waiting for it to come in at Sat_shop, hope it's giong to be here sometime next week :)
The support for the VU+ is getting better every day :)

Cheers

UDA

hi, theres no doubt its a great box ... but with the vu+ getting alot more support and similar price ... it seems to make more sense buying the vu+

jinxy72
21st March, 2010, 08:20 PM

does this mean the vu+ will be getting its own section ? :)

hollyguard
26th June, 2014, 03:36 PM
IP box 9000 and it's clone Cube Revo is out of support today. It is difficult to find any firmware cause all links are inactive ot files are corrupt.