PDA

View Full Version : help for first time use open media 500cs

marseille
30th October, 2008, 10:54 AM
i tried all night to setup my box what i flash kaos v1 image was succes and i was follow the instruction iwhen i reach lan configuration ok but not disquest seting for sat what do ? i am confused .after flash image do i need akeys how to do it?
pls can you advice all step by step for setup this box to work

Devilfish
30th October, 2008, 11:26 AM
To watch any satellite package, you will need keys.

Whether those keys are obtained by purchasing a card from the provider or using an emu like evocamd and entering the keys manually into the softcam.key file (/var/keys).

Depend what satellite your dish is pointing to and depends what package you are trying to watch.

If motorised select complex diseqc configuration if not select none, put in long/lat setings if motorised, select what satellites to scan or load channel settings using dreamset or dreamboxedit, connect to internet and ftp over keys to var/keys, using addon server on image download cam and config.

Curious123
31st October, 2008, 11:26 AM
I didn't get round to trying the DK image for sat when I had my dm500S and now that I have sold it for a dm600 I am not going to be able to try it on my box. If you have managed to follow DF advice and still can't get your box to work than may I suggest with apologies to DF for recommending an alternative image that you flash it with the Nabilosat V.8 maxvar image purely because their download server has all the files that you require for getting your box working. Flash the box with nabilosat follow DF advice and than with your remote press the Yellow button and download the Captains settings, nabilosat key, and CCCam 2.0.9. All of these will be installed automatically for you once you have downloaded the files.

marseille
1st November, 2008, 02:43 AM
hi curious how can dowload a captains settings ,nabilosat key,and cccam 2.0.9
pls

father ted
1st November, 2008, 08:05 AM
pls

it can be done a couple of ways
1 you can download them to your desktop and manualy install them
2 you can go to their site connect your box to their network and download them

aftermath
1st November, 2008, 09:19 AM
pls

you will need to get your box to connect to your network, wether it be direct cable connection to PC or through a wireless connection through your router.

You will need to change the IP on your box so your network can be able to ping it.

its in settings, advanced settings .

Once you get connected, you do as Curious says, press the yellow button and install the extras from there.

marseille
1st November, 2008, 08:55 PM
i did every thing but my problem is how to flash a emu or keys

Curious123
1st November, 2008, 11:26 PM
The reason I recommended the Nabilosat image was because you could download all the cams, emu keys and settings from their download server. All you really need to do once you have flashed the image is make sure you have got your dreambox connected to the internet.

buzzbomb
4th November, 2008, 10:24 PM
Guys have downloaded and installed ccam209 and nabilolastkeys_nab updated 26.10.08 from the nabilo server. Could not find the Captains channel list anywhere can u tell me if it is on the server ??

Curious123
4th November, 2008, 10:30 PM
Checkout their download manager it is usually listed with settings or the yellow button.

aftermath
4th November, 2008, 10:32 PM
its either the blue or yellow button on remote

look for addons, and then download them.

you will have to be connected to your network so you can download them.

I do know that PLi images have this option, but cant remember if Nabilosat images have this option.

you could check on the nabilosat website.

buzzbomb
4th November, 2008, 10:33 PM
Guys another piece of info please. What packages on Astra 19e and Hotbirdshould now be open with ccam209 complete and nabilolastkeys files loaded ? (I assume u have to do a reboot to activate the changes?)

Curious123
4th November, 2008, 10:40 PM
If you can't download the Captain settings from Nabilo than you can download from here thanks to thered and install with program dreamboxedit.

http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f39/motor-settings-10650/

buzzbomb
4th November, 2008, 10:51 PM
Thanks again guys for ur help. Didn't know about the blue button to active the ccam . Polsat now open. 2 more questions please 1) can u give me the address for the nabilo web site 2) can u have more than one cam operating at any one time ie have ccam running just now could I load mgcamd as well?

Curious123
4th November, 2008, 11:00 PM
The site you are looking for is ::::>>Nabilosat Forum<<:::: (http://www.nabilosat.info/) don't have the nabilo image on any of my boxes because it won't work wit 28.2E but I think you can have more than one cam.

buzzbomb
4th November, 2008, 11:11 PM
Ok Curious thanks for that. The web site is not taking any new registrations at the moment so will have to wait until it opens again. Will probably give it a try loading another camd tomorrow.

Curious123
4th November, 2008, 11:15 PM
CCCcam 2.0.9 and the Satankey bundle opened everything that was possible to open and the c/s took care of everything else so i never felt the need for a second cam on the Nabilo image.

buzzbomb
4th November, 2008, 11:31 PM
Didn't appreciate that Curious. Thought different cams openned different packages. Have only loaded the keys from the Nabilosat web site. (dated 26.10.08) so not sure how upto date they are. Have never manually loaded the keys on the dreambox yet but will give it a try tomorrow. Thanks for all ur help today.

Curious123
4th November, 2008, 11:36 PM
I found that sometimes the nabilo keys didn't open everything for me and on those occassions I would download keys from other forums. You just need to remember to extract the keys and than ftp them to var/keys and var/scce.