PDA

View Full Version : Sharp LC-32GD8E Service Menu

pcphil
30th October, 2008, 11:38 AM
Hi All, Would anyone know how to access the service menu of this model of tv. I have a problem with the picture in that there is a green tint on items that are white on the screen, it is known as a green rasta. I had this problem before when under guarentee and an engineer came out pressed the buttons on top of the tv to get into the service menu, reset the colour options and bobs your uncle it was back to normal. Any help in this matter much apreciated. Thanks pcphil.

shady77
30th October, 2008, 12:34 PM
Google is your friend.....
I found this on avforums

I may be able to give you some help..

I have the same tv and I get the "" MISTY"" effct on my tv..I watched the tech bloke enter the engineer mode on my set and he sorted the problem out in seconds...I am also out of warranty and this being the second time I have had problems with a lcd

REMEMMBER IF YOU FOLLOW THESE INSTRUCTIONS YOU DO SO AT YOUR OWN RISK!!!!

On top of your tv there is four buttons...

1...Turn your tv off

2...hold down TO THE LEFT the volume button and the CHANGE CHANNEL button.
At the same time hold down the AV select button (round button)

3... Now press the tv ON button KEEP ALL THE BUTTONS DEPPRESSED untill the TV turns on...

4... By now the screen should have come on with a engineers menu on.

5... Using your remote scroll up and down the menu using the ""P"" button...on the menu you will notice items saying RESET..click either ""OK"" OR using the navigation buttons on your remote (thats the 4 surrounding the ok button"" press the right arrow then press ok.

6... Scroll through all of the pages ALL 11 of them and reset them all.

At this point your tv on off button may not work..simple turn off at the socket and everthing should have been reset.

Now turn your TV off then back on again.

pcphil
30th October, 2008, 04:51 PM
Hi shady77, Many thanks for that I will give it a try and see how I get on.

shady77
30th October, 2008, 06:03 PM
use the thanks button please mate! its what its there for! good luck

repoman
4th December, 2008, 07:33 PM
this problem is very common with these tv's and is caused by corrupted software it can only be cured by sharp main dealers as they are the only ones given any access to sharps online tech info and files,if you ask around any tv dealer they will all tell you the same sharp charge approx ?125 to come out and reprogram out of warranty but this fault as you no can reoccur and often does the only 100% cure is to have the internal eeprom replaced you may find this can cost upwards of ?200 which for a small ic which when blank costs no more than ?2 seems pricey,because of these silly prices we no longer stock or repair any sharp products a company to stay away from sorry for the gloomy answer,cheers andy........

pnemickey
7th January, 2009, 03:07 PM
i have a problem with the same tv, It will not switch on. I can get sound but the picture will not come on, occasionally it will, but only for a few seconds. will accessing the engineers menu and resetting help, or is it a different fault which will require an engineer, thanks

EDIT; just tried it but tv would not stay on long enough for the menu to appear. I have googled the TV and it seams a common fault, Im not sure if its worth spending money on as as far as I can see, no-one has reported a fix.....any suggestions, thanks

jmdnnlln
28th July, 2009, 08:46 AM
Hi..It's been some time since you posted.

This is a common fault and I have read that it requires some soldering or even maybe a replacement main board.
The original post about using the engineers mode was posted by me on AV FORUM some time ago and I dont think this will help.
It has been sugested by 'repoman' that that you will have to pay an engineer ?125 to correct the data coruption problem which causes a green misty effect on screen.
This is incorrect, as the engineer called 5 times while in guarantee and it still went wrong again. if you are suffering from this problem then I suggest that you try the method posted here to gain access to the engineers mode. I have had this model for 3 yrs now and had to 'reset' it only two times since it went out of guarantee, and now it hasn't gone wrong for about a year. but if your unsure then pay for a service.
By the way....Currys are an awful company so dont buy from them.