PDA

View Full Version : 500s wont turn motor

father ted
30th October, 2008, 01:28 PM
hi bought this 500s put on pli jade also nabilosat one and put in captains settings and ccam 2.09 when you switch it on at first the clock shows 0101 and it wont drive the motor also when you go to bbc1 clock still says 0101 and nothing ,anyone any ideas?

mm009b
30th October, 2008, 02:08 PM
Father Ted hi mate
you lost me a wee bit with nabilosat one and captains settings i have dm 500s
i put in ply jade its working fine mate are you on a single satelite or multi also where are you getting 0101 from is it on screen ? cheers mate ps have you reset motor too good luck mate

father ted
30th October, 2008, 02:22 PM
Father Ted hi mate
you lost me a wee bit with nabilosat one and captains settings i have dm 500s
i put in ply jade its working fine mate are you on a single satelite or multi also where are you getting 0101 from is it on screen ? cheers mate ps have you reset motor too good luck mate

ok i have a motorised dish ,with an openmedia box i picked up this sat 500 ,the nabilosat has like most images a clock at this moment the clock is showing the time the second hand goes round and does a full 60 secs but the time still shows 0101 ,dont need to reset motor because when i change from openemedia box i make sure it was on 28.2

2tone
30th October, 2008, 02:23 PM
is it a clone 500s have you it set up right for using a motor did you put the sat feed in when the 500 was turned on or did you take the sat feed out when the power was on tell us a bit more about how you went about your set up as it can be a number of things you can also check in the motor set up page to see if you get any signals from the lnb as this can tell if the tuner is gone also it could be the power supply as there was a prob before with the 500 and the size of fues you had in your power supply but this was a while back so should not count but worth a look

mm009b
30th October, 2008, 02:34 PM
ok mate on pli jade menu,setup ,satelites and transponders , rotor setup , next page then 28.2 then 11565 v then goto direction you should see lock n sync if not on remot arrow left = west arrow right = east ps on V transponder motor moves faster i had a 500 that if you tried a horizontal transponder the box rebooted as 2Tone said it was down to power pack good luck mate hope this helps

father ted
30th October, 2008, 03:09 PM
is it a clone 500s have you it set up right for using a motor did you put the sat feed in when the 500 was turned on or did you take the sat feed out when the power was on tell us a bit more about how you went about your set up as it can be a number of things you can also check in the motor set up page to see if you get any signals from the lnb as this can tell if the tuner is gone also it could be the power supply as there was a prob before with the 500 and the size of fues you had in your power supply but this was a while back so should not count but worth a look

yep it s a clone
nope didnt put the sat feed in while motor was turning and didnt take it out either
new power supply with lite on to tell you its on

ok mate on pli jade menu,setup ,satelites and transponders , rotor setup , next page then 28.2 then 11565 v then goto direction you should see lock n sync if not on remot arrow left = west arrow right = east ps on c transponder motor moves faster i had a 500 that if you tried a horizontal transponder the box rebooted as 2Tone said it was down to power pack good luck mate hope this helps

yep i know how to scan m8 been at this game for a long time lol

mm009b
30th October, 2008, 03:25 PM
ok mate soz just trying to help are you getting lock n sync then and motor turning

rickets
30th October, 2008, 04:57 PM
yep i know how to scan m8 been at this game for a long time lol

You gonna write up a complete noob guide for us after all your adventures? I for one would enjoy it.

father ted
30th October, 2008, 07:08 PM
ok mate soz just trying to help are you getting lock n sync then and motor turning
and trust me m8 i appreciate your input if you can think of anything else feel free to say cheers

You gonna write up a complete noob guide for us after all your adventures? I for one would enjoy it.

there should be loads of tuts flying around but if you get stuck ill do when i can fix mine lol

Devilfish
30th October, 2008, 07:28 PM
Maybe try doing a factory reset with it all connected up. Go through the motions and let it set itself up. Probably don't need the captains settings for test purposes, just scan and see if you can get a FTA channel to start things off.

Are you using the power adapter that you use with the open media or the one that came with the dm500s?

father ted
30th October, 2008, 07:51 PM
Maybe try doing a factory reset with it all connected up. Go through the motions and let it set itself up. Probably don't need the captains settings for test purposes, just scan and see if you can get a FTA channel to start things off.

Are you using the power adapter that you use with the open media or the one that came with the dm500s?

the one i got with it i gave to a m8 so i had to get another from satstore lol will defo try that the power supply with the open media is only a cable with a plug the same as your virgin media box

portbhoy
30th October, 2008, 09:38 PM
The dreambox doesn't drive a dish, I'm sure I'm right in saying that the open media does because of the inbuilt power supply I think in dreambox you need one of these MTI LNB Global SPS1 Diseqc Null Modem Superjack (http://www.satstore.co.uk/access.htm)

firestorm
30th October, 2008, 10:08 PM
you should have no problem with a dm500 clone i drove a meter dish for a good while have you downloaded the captians setting for motor not dual lnb?

mm009b
31st October, 2008, 12:50 AM
rickets was that for me mate im only explaining what happend to me mate i am a newbie but wee all learn mate the guy that supports me has been doing this for a long time im only trying to help if i can thats what this forum is for is it not ? also i have seen father ted answering a lot of questions and was surrprised at his question so once again soz

father ted
31st October, 2008, 08:17 AM
rickets was that for me mate im only explaining what happend to me mate i am a newbie but wee all learn mate the guy that supports me has been doing this for a long time im only trying to help if i can thats what this forum is for is it not ? also i have seen father ted answering a lot of questions and was surrprised at his question so once again soz

i appreciate all replies even if its from newbies everyone has an input and even if its just a small thing you never know it could help and thansk for your input m8 all will be taken on board ,rite now thats sorted get moving and find the answer to my question :roflmao: i tied a factory reset but no joy think im gonna put it back to original firmware as 2tone suggested and see what happens

Curious123
31st October, 2008, 10:50 AM
When I first set up my Dm500s clone I had a few of these teething problems with the motor. On a couple of occassions I found one of the coax cables had either worked itself a little loose or the moisture had got into the connection sleeve. If you go outside and check where which satellite it is stuck at or pointing to and than try moving it to another satellite closer that seemed to free it up for me. The power supply on my clone dreambox had no problems moving my 1m dish. The reason for the time staying at 0101 is because you have not managed to lock onto any transponders so it is unable to synchronise the clock with the transponder and the dreambox.